Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Slightly OT: low acid doses ?

in-sanity

Bluelighter
Hi, i've decided I want to do a blotter during schoolies week (first time on acid for ecstasy user) and i want to take a 'low' dose.. so i can keep myself with my head screwed on .. so to speak. does low doses of acid (ie. 1/4 of a blotter) actually have a noticable effect.. or you could rephrase that as what are the different levels of acid ..
thanks

Well, it seems the trips round in oz are all of average to low strength, so half a blotter will get you feeling trippy, and give everything the banner effect too.
Today i plugged a blotter (in a veg cap) for the first time and im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo roooooted right now!! aaahhh!! =)

You'll probably only feel something slightly above a placebo effect on a 1/4. I'd go 1/2. However I do recommend your first trip is not at a setting like schoolies, I really do.
You're better off where your 100% comfortable with the environment and the people your with.

^^^yup, totally agree. An environment like schoolies is a PERFECT place to wig out and lose it. dont do it.
Save it for a time when you are with close friends in a familiar, close environment.
horse
smile.gif

What they said!
Your first few times on acid will be overwhelming, no matter how low the dose... best to lock yourself in a house and only be around people you feel totally comfortable with...

i definitely agree with what everyone else said... acid is fun when you are in a small group of people that you are comfortable with... if you are in an unfamiliar place with heaps of unfamiliar people it is very easy to get a million % paranoid... not fun...
play safe... and have a taco...
------------------
embrace subreality

they're right, environment is very important! can i tell you about my first acid experience. at the time i thought the pill i had (it came in a very very small black pill form) was ecstasy. i had no id on me so i had to go to the small crappy club where the bouncers already recognised me. when i first entered the bouncers warned me and my friend we better not 'take anything'. so i was a little paranoid to begin with. after taking it - whoa!! extreme paranoia. i thought everyone was spying on me and laughing at me. everytime a guy looked at me or asked me if i wanted a drink, i started yelling at them and asking them 'what do you want from me?! i haven't done anything wrong". i turned into a crazy girl
wink.gif
to make matters worse it was small and stuffy and i felt traped because my friend refused to leave so i had to stay. aaaahhhhhhhh!

a low dose to begin with is the right idea. its a powerful drug and it relies totally on your mental set and where you are.. i think its best to start off taking a little, and once the effects set in, you can decide if you want to take any more.. better than taking too much to begin with! a quarter or a half should be fine to begin with - some people feel the effects straight away, some people dont feel them at all.
what the other people have mentioned about your setting is fairly true. its really important to trip with some reliable friends, the first time at least.
read this thread on tips for first timers: http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum10/HTML/001918.html
and if youre interested read my LSD FAQ: http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum35/HTML/000066.html
have fun!
(and p.s. this isnt even slightly OT)
------------------
hey kids, come here a minute.. i got a good thing for you. nepalese bliss. if anybody offers you a hit of.. nepalese bliss.. you better turn it down unless you really wanna get off.. that stuff's so strong its religious. blow your head right off..

thanks for the responses
smile.gif

I am still questioning if I should or not, I take each piece of advice as valuable, which leads me to believe that I shouldnt have my first acid experience at schoolies .. however ... theres still that curiousity drawing me in .. though, be assured, that if I do do it it will be in as low dose as possible, and slowly building up in 2 hour increments as required), and of course will let you know how it goes
thanks again
(but then again, I may just stick to e and alcohol at schoolies .. who knows)

The decision is yours.
I am a seasoned tripper and was planning on tripping at schoolies but re-thought the matter. I really don't think schoolies is the place for acid, even if you're experienced, let alone your first time.
There'll be plenty of times to trip besides schoolies.
[This message has been edited by Plague Bearer (edited 01 November 2001).]

dont forget that acid takes about 3 hours to fully kick in anyway!

Also look into the quality of the acid you're getting. For my first time I only had half a tab, however it was a hoffman 2000 so obviously it was pretty damn strong. I also made the mistake of taking my first trip at a bush party, had an awesome night but there were quite a few scary moments, and the drive home in the car wasn't much fun.
If you really want to take your first trip after finishing school, do what we did last year and plan to do this year, drop a tab a few hours out of your last exam, go somewhere nice like the gardens and a friends apartment, just make sure you're with good people and that you don't have to do anything that night or the next day.
0/t but Horsey dude, you better be up for some post exam celebrations for me this year! Bring on the 'cid!
------------------
"Interesting that god grants us all free will,
takes the credit for anything good we do,
and then dismisses bad people. He's got quite the racket going."