Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

PERth CLubs and WATER laws

beachball

Bluelighter
hi just like to apologise in advance if i have posted this in the wrong place. i did do a search(may not have searched rightly) regarding this topic but have not really been able to find much on this. I am wondering if it is actually illegal for clubs to turn off their faucets or not give free tap water? i'm pretty sure its illegal but havent been able to find the law on this. Has anyone experienced this in Perth before, where? any links would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Totally illegal. It violates many pieces of legislation and delegated legislation (both are "the law"). For example... Liquor Licencing Act, Health Regulations...
Furthermore, doing so could open a club up to a massive civil law suit and the management of the club up to manslaughter/murder charges should somone die because they dehydrated.
Whilst the clubs are not compelled to serve free glasses of water (although they can't sell the water because it doesnt belong to them, they can command a service fee), they are compelled to have drinking water freely available to patrons. This is usually via the toilet facilities.
Hope that this was of some help.
N.

I was thinking about the same thing the other day.
I went to the rise one time and I asked for a glass of water, and the lady at the bar told me they are not giving away free water, so she made me buy a bottle. I was pissed.

dang... there was a really good discussion about this a while ago.
Maybe in the old forum... I'll try to find it for you.

entro...i would really appreciate it thank you very much
i did a search and this was only briefly mentioned and the person was talking about it in regards to canada.
smile.gif

so yeah... it's illegal
but from my experience, the water in the bathrooms is often warm, and not actually considered "free drinkable water" cos it's not in a container.
And when you ask for a glass of water from the bar some places and some barstaff will charge you, and others won't.
By law, yes they must provide free water, but no-one has ever decided to invite police to clubs they frequent in order to resolve the issue.

entropope! you are a star!
Thank you very much indeed! i really appreciate the information alot. Am researching the dangers associated with drugs and what measures are done for harm reducing.
Thank You lots and lots again!

While technically this isn't drug discussion topic - it relates intimately to a lot of the health issue we discuss. Namely, dehydration that's caused by elevated temperature and is related to stimulant drug use.
Warm tap water is pretty distasteful to drink. One solution I've found that works well in clubs with warm water only in the bathrooms (ie. Salt in melbourne) is to ask the bar staff for a glass of ice. Usually they have big bins of ice in front of them and it's less than a moments effort to scoop a glassful for you. Then fill up the glass with warm water from the bathroom taps and in a matter of seconds you have cold water to drink. While this is not as hygenic as bottled water (due to the increased likelihood of bacteria growing in warm water pipes), it's free, it's pleasant to drink and it stops you becoming dehydrated.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.