Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dumb question, but curious?

BUMPMEK

Bluelighter
This sounds stupid but i am curious. When the big dudes make all the pills and put the logo on them, where do they get all the pictures from to put on them... i know they use a pill press but they seem to come up with new logos and old ones, who decides what logo to put on etc.... ya know what i mean?
------------------
What's the difference between fantasy and reality?

Basically they get the pill stamps machined, which is probably the easiest part on the whole process. As for the stamp its just plain ole marketing.
------------------
Dancing, the eternal quest to mash my ankles into dust.

I've always been interested in the whole process from the one who says "lets make a batch of these" to being made, to getting packed up and handed out, it's intrigues the fuck outta me... i guess some things aren't meant to be known though.....
------------------

My girlfriend just typed in a search engine. Making ectasy process precursor or such similar things, now has bookmarks on how to make ectasy from various places. Easy to find.. Even police *cough* could do it
------------------
He who laughs last thinks slowest."
-
All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu

well, pills are actually made by the wee folk, not the big dudes.
they have an inhouse marketing department where they run consumer focus groups to determine which logo will have the best customer appeal.

That does sound true, as it's probably true with everything else that gets manufactured in this world but, how many ppl out there would actually choose what pill they buy based on what print is on it??
------------------
The essance is knowing which appel on the tree you want..

I'm sure not many people do pick cause of the logo, but i do know a lot of people who choose in that way, if they've had a bad experience on say a Green ? and they come around again, they won't be buying them..... ya know what i mean. I'm more interested in the whole process from start to finish... i can't find much on the web either.
------------------

Pill logos were the perfect scam a few years back. THink back to the mitsi or even recently the HQ flood. The pills were good and so people chased pills by there logo. That was until people got wise and started using test kits and relising buying pills by a logos reputation is not a good idea.
Now the fakes are usually identified as what they are and logos just make for a good conversation starter with some random person when your E-tarded and looking for a new friend
smile.gif

avin a good one?????
... what are ya on?
smile.gif

interferon is right, think about how many billions of dollars are involved - of course they would employ the most up to date marketing availble as would any business trying to sell a product
------------------
Æ ...stop the world - they want to join us!

I think you guys are getting carried away. The design on a pill really doesn't mean shit to people in terms of what it means. It doesn't mean anything... it is purley there for destinction purposes.
If a pill is good and the print looks crap and it is pressed like shit, you will still have it because it is what is contained in the pill that is what makes you fucked up.
Why would you need to employ someone to make a pill look good anyway? It is basically the press that is what is difficult about making the pill. Which is handled by the pharmisist.

The pills are pressed by a stamping machine. The colour comes from food dyes and the mixers/binders. The stamp is usually basic - a company logo, letters, miscrosoft clipart pictures, a basic mass produced symbol etc.
People up at the big end of the chain don't give a fuck what press/colour it is - if it is a good pill, that is strong MDMA - they will sell out, and that is what they want.
If you choose to buy every HQ for the next 50 years because they were good, and refuse to buy every ? mark because they were bad - without even testing - then it speaks for itself.
As for the process (i'm guessing this.. i am in no way connected with the manufacture or supply of narcotics, this is an educated guess into the operations of a drug production ring )
Lets assume the pill is australian made (this may or may not happen):
1. Import powder from Amsterdam. Say you import 1kg, that gives you 10,000 pills of 100mg each.
2. Mix in powder 1:2 with binders, colours and other fillers (eg a pill = 300mg)
3. Pour powder through pill pressing machine, which stamps the pills with a pre-chosen logo etched into the stamp and bakes them into shape at high temperature.
4. Supply 10 lots of 1,000, 5 lots of 2,000 or 1 lot of 10,000 - and the cooks job is complete.
There are variables: where the powder comes from, the mixers, the colour, the stamp, the size of the pill, the amount of MDMA/pill, the amount in the batch, the cooks first name (
wink.gif
), etc.
Remember - they are only the variables, not the determinants. The makers don't give a shit how much MDMA/pill, colour, stamp, etc - as long as they shift.

this just reminded me of an episode of the Bill where a kid's father was forcing him to carve logos into fake pills. Just this kid, a scalpel and a large pile of pills.
never
Funny how that didn't strike me as wierd before, but i kinda like the idea of a production line carving. Like the kettle chip ad.
thanks for the 'arched window' story there, SupaSpeed.