Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Parcels in the Post: RaveDust's info.

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
This message was posted by RaveDust in another thread which has since been deleted, the information is preserved for your perusal:

5. Meaning of "possession"

Without restricting the meaning of the word "possession", any substance shall be deemed for the purposes of this Act to be in the possession of a person so long as it is upon any land or premises occupied by him or is used, enjoyed or controlled by him in any place whatsoever, unless the person satisfies the court to the contrary.

Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981

Watson and Stevenson
These defendants were sisters who were involved in the importation of Eden, a drug similar to Ecstasy, which was sent to them by their brother in Northern Ireland. In November 1995, five parcels containing Eden tablets were detected at the International Mail exchange in South Melbourne. The AFP carried out a controlled delivery of two of the parcels and arrested the defendants.

After the arrest, police found a further nine parcels from Northern Ireland containing 10 000 tablets of Eden.

There was evidence that the defendants had transferred large sums of money to bank accounts overseas, all in amounts of less than $10 000. Many of the transfers were conducted using false names. The defendants had large amounts of cash on them when they were arrested.

At trial, Stevenson pleaded guilty to one count under section 31 of the Financial Transactions Reports Act 1988, of structuring transactions to avoid the reporting requirements under the Act, but denied all knowledge of the drugs and denied knowing that the money she sent overseas was derived from the sale of drugs. Watson did not deny that she helped organise the importations, but gave evidence that she thought she was dealing with steroids and not narcotics.

Watson was convicted on 14 counts of being knowingly concerned in the importation of narcotics contrary to section 233B of the Customs Act and Stevenson was convicted on 12 of the 14 counts against her. They were both sentenced to two years imprisonment on the Customs Act charges and Stevenson was sentenced to eight months imprisonment on the FTR Act offence.
At sentence, the judge took into account the fact that the defendants' brother had been sentenced to two years imprisonment on drug offences. The judge accepted that the brother was the organising force behind the scheme and was the only one to receive any real profit.

Controlled operations & breach of section 233B of the customs act
Drug use and the law
lots more info at this site

Cheers, BigTrancer :)
------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Last edited:
Also of importance re: mailing of narcotics, is the federal Crimes Act...
CRIMES ACT 1914 SECT 85W
85W Causing narcotic substances to be carried by post
(1) A person shall not intentionally cause to be carried by post an article that consists of, encloses or contains a prescribed narcotic substance within the meaning of the Customs Act 1901.
------------------
"I saw wierd stuff in that place last night. Wierd, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in." - H.Simpson

Cheers BT
smile.gif

^^^ Welcome Corolla.. If you could specify what type of information you are seeking, it would help.
smile.gif

i guess i’m just curious in terms of people’s experiences etc. i know this is probably not the area for it, nor am i interested in ‘importing’ myself (needless to say). i guess i was just wondering how common it is to send over small quantities of pills vs. the big shipments.

Descriptions of ^^^ is how the last thread got deleted
smile.gif
It's not(really) relevant to this boards approach to harm minimisation/d.dicussion..well that's my theory anyway..Correct me if I'm wrong anyone(???)
What happened to pills in post
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Sleeping Madness

from here
Ecstasy 'sent from UK in toy car'
March 13, 2003
A TOY car disguised as a boy's birthday present was sent from England to the Gold Coast with almost 600 ecstasy tablets hidden inside, a court has been told.
Patrick John MacCormack has pleaded not guilty in the Queensland Supreme Court to being knowingly concerned with a drug importation.
Prosecutor Tim Ryan today told a jury in his opening address that Australian Customs intercepted the air-mailed package at Brisbane airport on May 19, 2002, after sniffer dogs detected drugs.
The package, which was sent from London, was addressed to a child and contained a battery operated red toy car in a display box together with a birthday card.
The bottom of the car was unscrewed to reveal 590 ecstasy tablets in plastic bags.
Yes, it's ~600 but any amount should be able to be detected by sniffer dogs.... just a reminder to anyone thinking of posting pills in the post. This line should not be missed:
Patrick John MacCormack has pleaded not guilty in the Queensland Supreme Court to being knowingly concerned with a drug importation.

On a side note, I went to those girls' court case. I was on work experience and the guy I was doing it with had a case up afterwards.

Doubtful IMO. Read the thread called "Customs"... a guy was picked up with traces of cocaine on his wallet, which was from tiny fragments of powder on a credit card used to cut lines with. Ten grams in comparison to traces on a credit card is a significant increase.

BigTrancer :)

thanks bigtrancer you probably right. Its just the tempation to send it too a friends house in the name of someone who used to live there without my name on it. i just thought what are the chances of dogs catching that when sooooo many letters go though..
Oh it seems the only cure are for drugs like that to be cheap EVERWHERE!!

Rolling: without meaning to flame you, the fact that you've raised this matter on a public message board indicates that you are likely to get caught. The posts you have made would corroborate the evidence of importation on your part in the event the package was seized.

Furthermore, sniffer dogs can detect even minute quanitites and this is only one of the strategies used. Consider your options carefully as the relative benefits to you may be outweighed by the potential costs.

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by Rolling
surely i could mask the smell of just 10 grams of coke though right?

In the movies, don't they use coffee to mask the smell ;)

When in doubt, follow the movies.

=D

Re: hmmm

Rolling said:
surely i could mask the smell of just 10 grams of coke though right?
FUCK! i thought you were joking!!! You need your head read to post that shit on BL!

Why not go to the cop shop with the 10g's, give it to them and you'd get a lesser sentance and save yourself the hassle of hoping it'll get through;)