Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Odd numbers

reapa

Bluelighter
I have noticed that all these seizures are always a stupid amount eg. 430,000 pills or 1.94kilos of ICE. Lets be honest, the cops must always take there own little bit. who in there right mind would weigh 1.96kilos of ICE out instead of 2.0kilos or import a odd number of pills? furthermore reading from another post, who would pay $30,000,000.00 for 430,000 pills? thats $70 a pill which is just stupid. Just would like to know what other peoples thoughts are?

ummm... I'm not sure
smile.gif

would you like some conspiracy theories and guesses?

It's all guesses and bullshit pretty much - but who says it's the cops on the take? It may be, it has been in the past, but why not some middle man way up the chain who gets half a million pills and then skims 70k off the top for some (relatively) "small-time" moneymaking on his own, and then passes on the big shipment?
Anyway like I said - guesswork doesn't help anyone.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

It's a fucking long way over here on those boats or whatever and I bet even smugglers get board
smile.gif

------------------
If I don't See you anymore in this world, I'll see you in the next one, don't be late !

There are a few reasons why odd amounts should be expected...
Not a lot of police can be bothered counting up to half a million, so I'd assume they weigh the drugs and estimate the number of pills...
And there's no guarentee that they were able to intercept all of the shipment -- some of it may have been already delivered, or in a different container/whatever.
If you want to pilfer drugs from a bust, you don't have to get them before they are weighed... there's plenty of opportunities to get them before they are "destroyed".
Of course we'd like to imagine some pill-fucked bent copper stuffing his pockets with pills from a bust like that... but that's human nature for you.
BILL
--
Selling drugs to people who will swallow them is an efficient means of destoying evidence.

how about the cops at CIB @ Wynnum in Brisbane, they got busted dealing Ez out of their car park from stashes they had taken!!
furhter more they get odd numbers cus they weigh one little fella and then calculate the total..

Sort of on the same topic, there was a tonne of cocain destroyed yesturday somewhere in Perth in a highly secretive operation. I assume it was all kept extremely hush hush and only revealed after the event so all the coppers could grab their share to sell off over the coming weeks
smile.gif

I would have loved to have weighed all that coke before the coppers found it and then weigh the lot they sent for disposal. I wouldnt be suprised at all if the numbers wern't the same
smile.gif

So Mr Policeman, as we all know your reading, when shall we expect that high grade columbian coke you tripped over up north to be on the streets ?
heh

even if the weight of the coke was still the same when it was destroyed. u still got to ask, how much of it was coke and how much of it was some other white powder?
smile.gif

Where is the guesswork needed in counting 500K of pills? simple task
We take the overall mass, convert it to Kg, we weigh say 10 of the pills, convert that number to Kg, divide, multiply by 10.
hence,
overall mass(Kg)
------------ = # of 10P sets * 10 = #*P
mass 10P(Kg)
I'd only be speculating if I said the cops were taking a little for themselves as I don't know if at any point one of those cops had opportunity.
It could also have happened as BT said, a middleman of some sort could have had opportunity.
NiQueLorD