• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Oscar Predictions and Discussions

Wordswords

Bluelighter
Attempt to predict the winners of Oscar categories. I'm not going to do all the categories and you should feel free to participate however you'd like by predicting any or all of the categories. :)

Best Pic: True Grit

Best Director: Darren Aronofsky

Prediction: Some films will win while others will not. You can take that to the bank. Yes, I do see True Grit taking the top honor.

I still haven't seen True Grit. I feel like I'm missing out. The Social Network was pretty cool tho. The Town was good too. What did you guys think of those?

The Town was typical, albeit highly entertaining.

The Social Network was even more typical and much less entertaining.

My boyfriend and I went to see True Grit tonight, and it did not disappoint. It will (or should) definitely be nominated Best Picture, and Best Actress for the girl, Hailee Steinfeld. Not to mention Jeff Bridges. I LOVED it!

the only major oscar contenders i haven't seen are Blue Valentine, The King's Speech and Winters Bone, the latter I am going to be watching today.

Winters Bone was a weird movie. I didn't read the book, but I was pretty sure it didn't exactly follow the book. Just a guess. Good movie though.

Kings speech I'd say firth and geoffery rush would get a nomination at least for best actor and supporting actor. Rush has a good chance I think. Portman for Black swan obviously. But will afronsky win for best picture? Inception for camera work or special effects. Geez bridges might win again for true grit. Watching for sure.