• AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age 09 Oct 01: Police 'bribed by drug dealers'

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Police 'bribed by drug dealers'

By NEIL MERCER
SYDNEY
Tuesday 9 October 2001

There was "overwhelming evidence" that a group of New South Wales detectives had been bribed by major drug dealers and had given those dealers the "greenlight" to continue their activities, the Police Integrity Commission heard yesterday.
On the first day of its inquiry, the PIC heard that "systemic corruption" of the type exposed just five years ago by the Wood royal commission was still flourishing around Manly and on the northern beaches.
On one of many tape recordings played yesterday, a drug dealer and his associate complain about greedy police "still expecting that 60 grand".
The drug dealer ends the conversation saying: "No wonder I am f---in' way behind in my bills and shit. Everything I've made has gone to them."
Underlining the magnitude of the corruption, the acting commissioner in charge of the hearing, Tim Sage, said he expected "operation Florida" as it has been codenamed, to continue "through the remainder of this year and most of 2002"...
Full article at: http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/2001/10/09/FFXE1P06JSC.html
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Hey bust the fuck out of everyone in perth for 2 or 3 pills, but keep taking those bribes.
Unfortunately, this Manly incident isn't "isolated". Several times in a couple of cities i have visited and lived in, i have seen very dodgy happenings. Eg - cops cars always parked outside certain hotels, cops pulling up next to carloads of people outside clubs and something being passed between windows then driving off.
Also stories of people scoring, "the best coke ever and cheap as shit...." one block down from police HQs.
I know that it must be difficult for cops when they are up against people who make more in a week than they do in a year to avoid the temptation of taking bribes, but i really have to ask how the fuck they can justify themselves when busting poor buggers on search warrants for a scant one or two pills when they are aiding in the trafficking of these substances.
Fucking up people's lives so that they can afford the payments on the car. Nice one bruvs, nice one.
And the public reputation of police keeps getting stronger and stronger.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

I feel sorry for the police. They are human after all - and it basically is inhuman to expect every one of them to be around such a HUGE amount of money ALL of the time not to be seduced some times.
If the police were paid in proportion to the amount of drugs/money they busted perhaps it would be a different story.

Just while were on the topic of cops.. how do poeple tell what an undercover looks like?? Any stories?
------------------
~~~who gots the lighter!?~~~

acell. Use the search engine. There has been numerous debates on undercover cops.
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

its easy to spot undercover cops..
they're the ones that are pretending to read newspapers at the raves, except that they have eye-holes cut out.
either that or a seemingly realistic glasses/nose combo mask.. dead give away.
HC

*puts down paper*
DAMN!
Cops are crooked. Cops are human. Tell me you wouldn't let a dealer go if he offered you a shitload of money.
The law still sux tho.
smile.gif

I have known of people buying certain items from police.
*waves to police*
Not so prim and proper are you little police man?

i think its absolutely appalling!!! No one should be joking about this shit
Its been going for years and years!
It makes me so fucking angry that those pricks are being paid not only from my tax money but also from dealers and the like.
I don't give two shades of shit whether its tempting or not!, whether they are getting paid less than dealers or not, or whether they are just "BEING HUMAN"!!...They are criminals for doing this and they are helping break families up, spread drugs, spread break ins, spread muggins, and increase the kids dying with needles in their arms! There are no excuses!
It makes me fucking angry that these cops are being paid to support the deaths of so many kids in drug infested areas, like cabramatta as a result of heroin abuse.
It makes me fucking angry that my friends have been busted with piss weak amounts of pills which YOU FUCKED UP COPS ARE HELPING TO SUPPLY TO THESE PPL! YES AND I HOPE YOU ARE ALL READING THIS....you weak perth cops. Whats the go with tracking down ppl on here for warrants??! that is the weakest thing i have heard. Its even more low than your illegal little dog antics in kings X and other areas.
I know if i was in charge of any ranks of the police i would be trying damn hard to bring some dignity back. And i would start with the corruption which has been known about since the 70s.
Whats the point in busting small amounts of pills? there is NONE, NONE AT ALL. I know if i sat down for a round table, with an agenda along the lines of "STOP THE KIDS DYING FROM DRUG ADDICTION" i sure as shit wouldn't come up with the idea "Oh i know, lets just go bust some kids having fun on pills"
Instead they should be coming up with ideas like "lets target dealers". First things first boys....why aren't the medium dealers being busted!!?? ummmm, maybe becuase they are above the law in many regards. Maybe thats why your schemes never seem to track down anything but speudoephadrine (no i can't spell)
wake up everyone....this has been going on for years, the reason nothing happens it is cause no one takes any notice! its about time. Im gunna ring a few radio talk shows on the the way to work on this one....

i like the fact that there have been 300 drug related deaths on the northern beaches in the last decade, and it turns out the manly cops are behind a great deal of those drugs...

To quote what Goerings mum said about her son before he became Adolf's right hand man... "He will either be a great man, or a great criminal"
This kinda rings true for the police. There is a double edge to every sword, humanity is pretty fickle.