• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Films: Recommend a Biography

Cyc

Bluelighter
I was somewhat inspired tonight after watching a great HBO Biography called Temple Grandin

I was surfing through my HBO On-Demand selections and selected it on a whim. I was very surprised at how well done the movie was.

So with that plug, I thought I'd solicit some more biographies from other BLers.

"Crumb" about comics artist R. Crumb and his family. def worth the time
-izzy

"Crumb" about comics artist R. Crumb and his family. def worth the time
-izzy

Also featuring R.Crumb :)....

American Splendour-About Harvey Pekar <3 this!!!

Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll -About Ian Dury the writer of 'Hit me with your Rhythm Stick'

Frida -About Frida Kahlo

Immortal Beloved- About Ludwig Van Bethhoven

Shine- About Geoffry Rush

Man On the Moon-About Andy Kaufman

Quills- About the Marquis De Sade

Monster- About Aileen Wurnos(but look at the Special Features, also look up on net, how money was extorted from testamonies during the trial)

Sid and Nancy- About Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen

Love is the Devil: Study for a potrait of Francis Bacon- About(Surprise, Surprise!) Francis Bacon

Last edited:
Control. It's an Ian Curtis (from Joy Division) film. I was never the biggest fan of Joy Division (they're alight though), but it's still a really good film.

Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll -About Ian Dury the writer of 'Hit me with your Rhythm Stick'

Great film.

^Agreed Feste, Control's a good show...it seems that most films with Samantha Morton in them are always interesting! She's a picky Gal with her Film's! ;)

Ya, Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll was fantastic, acting and everything else was superb-loved it!:D

^Agreed Feste, Control's a good show...it seems that most films with Samantha Morton in them are always interesting! She's a picky Gal with her Film's! ;)

Ya, Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll was fantastic, acting and everything else was superb-loved it!:D

Absolutely, I loved the carnival & chaotic atmosphere it had.