Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

where to get 5-htp?

poptart

Bluelighter
Sorry kids I haven't used BL in ages because I've been holidaying overseas. But what I want to know is where is everyone currently buying their 5-htp?
Also I bought some Xanax while in Thailand and have been having it for scattered Sunday sessions. Does anyone else have any experience in this. I feel that it is making me more messy on monday but I'm not sure. I read that Xanax has an effect where it inhibits the metabolism of serotonin. It helps with anxiety but be careful when mixing it with alcohol...I got knocked out for 15 hours!
[This message has been edited by poptart (edited 03 October 2001).]

http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-x01.html
Brand name: Xanax
Active ingredient: Alprazolam <-- a benzodiazepine
Contraindications: Sensitivity to benzo's, mixing with other CNS depressants (ie. alcohol - ghb - 1,4butanediol - other benzos etc)
Basically xanax is a sedative that is used to calm people who have panic attacks, and sometimes used as part of a treatment for depression (I think). From what I have read, xanax does not function as a seratonin reuptake inhibitor in the way other SSRI anti-depressants do. Xanax is basically a benzodiazepine, which seems to have more to do with GABA than seratonin.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I recently got a bottle of 5-HTP from www.iherb.com
The services was fantastic, I got the bottle delivered to my door from the USA in under 5 days... and this includes a small hiccup at Customs when they delayed the release because they didn't instantly recognise it. A quick fax of the page I ordered the htp from and they released it.
--
MDMA-4-ALL (And 5-HTP to boot!)

www.jomarlabs.com is really good too, got an invoice in about a week and the package a few days later. No trouble with customs.
damn cheap too.
Rob.
------------------
I said....nice one brova!! :)

5HTP is sold in Australia legally at
[ack...another one. deleted. Please contact melotonin for the address - horse]
It costs about $38 and a few dollars to send.
If you mention Bluelight the management says they will take 20% off your order.
It says on the website that orders can only be sent to Queensland addresses, but many people have a friend living in QLD that can forward the parcel.(That's how I got around it)
[This message has been edited by Mr. Horse (edited 05 October 2001).]

Fuck... another one??
Ignore the above post. Melatonin is advertising his/her own site.
[jakoz. Please dont stoop to this level. We'er all grownups here I hope - horse]
[edit by jakoz: What level? Look at the timestamp for the 3 spams that Melatonin put up... when I came in, they were the top 3 posts (put up at about 8am EST, just in time for the business day)]
[This message has been edited by Mr. Horse (edited 05 October 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Jakoz (edited 05 October 2001).]

Thanks for the friendly help BL's. 5-HTP is now on its way....
Big Trancer....serotonin is metabolised by monoamine oxidase enzymes. The antidepressants MAOI's work by inhibiting the enzymes that metabolise serotonin. I think what I read was that xanax has a little MAOI activity, similar to that in St John's Wort. I could crap on about the subject of MDMA/serotonin/depression for hours; I find it fascinating.
smile.gif