Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: The Age 27 Sep 01: Solicitor 'set up', drug jury told

BigTrancer

Bluelight Crew
Solicitor 'set up', drug jury told

By FARRAH TOMAZIN
Thursday 27 September 2001

Two Victorian drug squad officers devised a cocaine importation scam to set up a prominent Melbourne lawyer who they were desperate to get "at all cost", a County Court jury was told yesterday.
Malcolm Rosenes and Stephen Paton had wanted to get Andrew Fraser to such an extent that they allegedly blackmailed one of his associates, Werner Paul Roberts, to help incriminate him by pretending to import cocaine, the court was told.
Mr Roberts, 54, has pleaded not guilty to cocaine importation and cocaine possession, denying allegations that he smuggled 5.5 kilograms of the drug into Australia from Africa in September, 1999...
Full article at: http://www.theage.com.au/news/state/2001/09/27/FFXWH0R02SC.html
Just when you thought it was safe to organise that couple extra keys of charlie for the partners' office Christmas party. Life is a bitch.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

What? you mean the police, those fine upstanding 'Citizens On Patrol' whose moral fibre, honesty and righteousness is the backbone by which this country is kept in line by have actually set someone up?
What next... you'll tell us that some of them are corrupt as well?
HC

*Bunny picks up phone and cancles 5kg charlie order*
Pigs.... they're ALMOST as bad as me....
smile.gif

And lawyers are such upstanding, ethical people who would never dream of doing cocaine or lying under oath!
For once, I'm on the cops side. What legal type person would take a deal like this over a crappy possession charge, which they would get off with help from their legal type friends? Besides, I thought it was the District Attorney who made the deals, or have I been watching too much Law & Order?

but.. but.. don't they swear by the bible that they will tell 'the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth'?
hmmm maybe they should start swearing by large cheques or some other form of religion that lawyers have...
HC