Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA Friend:Piracetam??

ful_sik_trippa

Bluelighter
For those of you who want to peak harder or regain the magic, check this out. If anyone can find anything out about it, lpease lets us know. Can it be obtained in australia, or not, and has anyone had experiences with it.
Apparently this is stuff is good in conjunction with all types of amphetamines and LSD. Here is an excerpt from erowid:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php3?ID=9126
Here is an account from someone else:
-------------------------------------------
Piracetam is reported to be an intelligence booster and CNS (central nervous system) stimulant with no known toxicity or addictive properties. The subjective effect described by some people is that piracetam, “wakes up your brain.” It's effects and safety are so impressive that piracetam prompted the creation of a new pharmaceutical category called nootropics.
The term nootropic comes from a Greek word meaning “acting on the mind.” Since the invention of piracetam by UCB Laboratories in Belgium, other pharmaceutical companies have been scrambling to develop their own nootropics. Some of them being researched now include; vinpocetine, aniracetam, pramiracetam, and oxiracetam. As yet, there is no nootropic compound that is FDA approved for sale in the US, but there is plenty of motivation on the part of pharmaceutical companies to get that approval. Financial analysts expect that the US market for these cognitive enhancers will soon be in excess of $1-billion per year (Pelton, 1989).
Piracetam is very similar in molecular structure to the amino acid pyroglutamate (see Pyroglutamate). Piracetam and pyroglutamate have the same “base” chemical structure, the 2-oxo-pyrrolidine, but they differ by the side chain. Pyroglutamate is 2-oxo-pyrrolidine carboxylic acid, and piracetam is 2-oxo-pyrrolidine acetamide.
Piracetam enhances cognition under conditions of hypoxia (too little oxygen), and also enhances memory and some kinds of learning in normal humans. Outside of the US, piracetam is used to treat alcoholism, stroke, vertigo, senile dementia, sickle cell anemia, dyslexia, and numerous other health problems (Pelton, 1989).
One of the most intriguing effects of piracetam is that it promotes the flow of information between the right and left hemispheres of the brain (Buresova, 1976). We know that the communication between the two sides of the brain is associated with flashes of creativity. This may also be the basis for piracetam's usefulness in the treatment of dyslexia (Dilanni, 1985).
The effect of piracetam can be increased if taken with DMAE, centrophenoxine, choline, or Hydergine. When choline and piracetam are taken together there is a synergistic effect that causes a greater improvement in memory than the sum of each when taken alone (Bartus, 1981).
We know of one person who claims she feels slightly agitated and depressed if she takes piracetam for more than a week without a choline supplement. This feeling is alleviated for her with a single dose of choline. It may be that the piracetam causes acetylcholine to be used up more quickly and that the choline helps to replace this important neurotransmitter.
One fascinating study suggests that piracetam might increase the number of cholinergic receptors in the brain. Older mice were given piracetam for two weeks and then the density of muscarinic cholinergic receptors in their frontal cortexes was measured. The researchers found that these older mice had 30-40% higher density of these receptors than before (Pilch, 1988). Piracetam, unlike many other drugs, appears to have a regenerative effect on the nervous system.
One theory of Alzheimer's disease is that the decline of intellectual functions is partly caused by a decreased activity of the cholinergic system in the brain caused by cell death and cell degeneration. The researchers in the above study speculated that their findings could explain how piracetam works and could also explain the finding of Bartus, et. al. regarding a profound effect of combining choline with piracetam on memory enhancement of old rats.
As mentioned previously the late drug researcher Arthur Cherkin related to us that he believed the combination of Hydergine and piracetam potentiate each other by five times. This highlights the importance of adjusting the dosage when multiple substances are taken because, some of these substances will cause paradoxical effects when excessive amounts are taken.
Although piracetam is a derivative of GABA (gamma amino butyric acid, a neurotransmitter), there is no evidence that piracetam works through the GABAergic system. Some research even suggests GABA may even inhibit memory and learning (Zhang, 1989).
Precautions: Piracetam may increase the effects of certain drugs, such as amphetamines, psychotropics, and Hydergine, as stated. Adverse effects are rare but include insomnia, psychomotor agitation, nausea, gastrointestinal distress, and headaches. Piracetam has virtually no known toxicity or contraindications.
Dosage: Piracetam is supplied in 400 mg or 800 mg capsules or tablets. The usual dose is 2400 to 4800 mg per day in three divided doses. Some literature recommends a high “attack” dose be taken for the first two days. We have noticed that often when people first take piracetam they do not notice any effect at all until they take a high dose (approximately 4000 to 8000 mg). Thereafter, they may notice that a lower dosage is sufficient. Piracetam takes effect within 30 to 60 minutes.
Sources: Piracetam is not sold in the US. It can be purchased over the counter in Mexico or by mail from the sources listed in Appendix A. Other names include: Avigilen, Cerebroforte, Cerebrospan, Cetam, Dinagen, Encefalux, Encetrop, Euvifor, Gabacet, Genogris, Memo-Puren, Nootron, Nootrop, Nootropil, Nootropyl, Normabrain, Norzetam, Pirroxil, Psycotron, Stimucortex, and UCB-6215.
-------------------------------------------
here is aq link to the disscussion in main: http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum12/HTML/010619.html?reload=35
WOW!...I Want Some!
8)
[This message has been edited by ful_sik_trippa (edited 25 September 2001).]

Well what do you know?
http://www.erowid.org/smarts/piracetam/piracetam.shtml
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

And the good thing about it is that it is bloody cheap too. If you can find it....
smile.gif

Well I just put an order in so here goes nothing. Anyone actually tried it and had a positive response?
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

umm.. just be careful with this. not much is known about it. combining it with other drugs not much is known about (like ecstasy) could have unknown long term side effects such as increasing neurotoxicity.
just a word of caution.

Yep, I’ve tried Piracetam after ordering it through the mail to my Australia home address from **************. There is no law prohibiting its import – at least there wasn’t a year ago.
I can’t say it did anything for me that resembled the claims made about the product. As well as on its own I tried it in combination with speed but found no increased effect. None of this is to say that the claims about the product aren’t legitimate, however, it’s just that I couldn’t cite any appreciable, discernible effect.
[Edit: No sources please. BigTrancer
smile.gif
]
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 26 October 2001).]

I did search on this on the other forums and have learned a lot. I just wanted to see what the aussies have thought of it.

The Kandeman can,
The Kandeman can cos he mixes it with love
and makes the world taste good.
Ummm, yeah. I got issues.

there has been a ton of discussion in health q&a. not sure if the threads are still there.
basically, they do work.
what do they do? in theory they improve communication between the two parts of the brain and impoving the efficiency of communication, and with that we infere the speed of the nuerotransmitters.
taken alone, they "clear up" your head most times.
combined with a good dose of x, 75 o 110mg. most people find it mildly similar to a k bump.
it does not increase th pill potency, just makes you feel its effects more.
as an example...pour some ice cold water on your finger and you will feel the cold, but poor the same amount of water on your hand(a bigger area) and you will feel the cold even more.
piracetam in relation wonr make the area bigger but makes you able to feel more.
unfortunatly, a shit pill with piracetam will do nothing, and may even make you very tired.
dosing:
after much experimenting:
2 800mg pills with lunchtime / early dinner.
2 800mg pills 45 minutes before "dropping"
2 800mg pills the next day @ breakfast / lunch
be warned, combining it with a large dose / double/triple dropping is not advised, as the stimulation can get so intense it becomes annoying.
last note, i would use piracetam with most pills and its a good daily upplement to take for a month or so. but i would never use it with any of those super strong pills.
on another point, has anyone used this with ketamine? the only report on erowid said that piracetam counter acted the k effects. so i wonder what happens when you add a bump when peaking ofx and having had some piracetam beforehand?
hmmnn..

thanks djremix....i may have to try it out.
cursed jadedness and tolerance!! this may be a good solution.

Or take a break. Have been on one for three months now and plan to take at least another three months off. I've only gone out clubbing three times during this time too.
Although this stuff does sound pretty tempting. I think I'll await the outcome of a few more guinea pigs before I'd be tempted into trying it out.

Most effective for bringing out visuals in Acid - worth doing, expeciialy with the weak acid around today