Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ox blood

Adz-O-Rama

Bluelighter
hey guys..just wondering if anyone knows much about ox blood.....i can remmeber a few years back it being in the news, it being something that truck drivers take to keep awake. Its a kinda red paste, Apparently its the by-product of making speed...not sure. It had all the good parts of taking speed..the energy, alertness and stuff..but without the teeth grinding..felt pretty clean. But im sure theres a catch, if anyone knows of the dangers or any info, would be great..thanx
smile.gif

All I know is that its strong and a small amount is needed, would't hoover it up, unless u want a NOSE BLEED and if you take it b4 u popp it sorta acts as a damppener on ur pill.
smile.gif

I dunno about the 'byproduct of making speed' part, though I guess technically that could also apply -- but it sounds from the effects (energy, alertness, but without jaw clenching etc) that you're describing dextro-amphetamine. According to most of the literature I can find, D-amphetamine is mostly a CNS (central nervous system) stimulant with little peripheral effects, meaning that you have energy, raised heartrate and temperature, but not the head rushes, jaw clenching and perhaps pupil dilation(?) of mixed D/L-amphetamines.
Or it could just be meth with food colouring.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

yeh i've heard that its a bypoduct speed too, strong but you cant snort it cos its like a red gelalso heard that things seem brighter on it.

Ox blood is usually strong, red coloured speed or meth that has a marketable name.
It's not a by product of making amphets, but rather it is an amphetmine or methamphetamine which is coloured and someone along the line decided to bring out the tired old 'ox blood' moniker.
So my experience with it goes anyhow.

I'm inclined to agree with pope.
I mean what the hell is "pink champagne".
All these are cool little marketing ploys.
Ox blood for bikies and champagne for women and drag queens i guess
smile.gif

I'd be a little worried though about any red/pink coloured speed; u really dont want to be ingesting RED PHOSPHORUS which if the gear hasnt been intentionally dyed, is probably the culprit.

isn't red phosphorus the stuff on matches? it's been awhile since highschool but dosen't it ignite at low temperatures? btw, the one guy i've seen take ox blood talked my ear off for 2 hours while i stared blankly into the distance
smile.gif

RP not on matches. posibly small amounts on the sides of the box though. atleast in the US there is.

Ox blood was once supposed to be a final product that intentionally contained iodine. Colours that are seen with various batches of speed are often due to contaminants and byproducts from using less than optimum reagents and conditions. Ox blood had I2 added to the salt.
Pure (street termed base) speed salts are highly deliquescent - they will turn liquid by absorbing moisture from the air. Depending on what they are cut with, they can also go some strange colours as they turn to goo.
phase_dancer

I've been fed some interesting information about the reasons behind coloured meth/speed.
Think of it as a good way for the coppers to follow the distribution patterns of a certain batch of the stuff. They just follow the colours and see who ends up with it. And with places like bluelight and teknoscape having people post up about the different coloured stuff they've ended up with it wouldnt be a bad way for them to figure out who knows who. Just something to think about when your posting about what you've seen or what you can get.
Might be true, might not be, but an interesting theory non the less.
[This message has been edited by Fry-d- (edited 30 September 2001).]

That's a VERY interestign hypothesis. After all, Feds in the states have in the past marked money so they could track the trail...
--- G.