Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Friend got caught!

[Matt]

Bluelighter
My friend got caught with an ounce of speed it was his first offence (not pure, cut) what do you think will happen to him? Any1 know what his maximum or minimum penaltys may be? Any1 had this happen to them before? Thnx for your help
[This message has been edited by [Matt] (edited 24 September 2001).]

1st how old is he ?
and 2nd can he get a good lawyer ???
maybe he could somehow convice them it was all for personal use....

Bail and bail conditions are a good sign of what he is to expect.
2 of my friends in recent times have been caught with large ( quite large ) amounts of substances on there persons.
So far there cases have been continually adjourned, so when they are sentanced i will let you know how they go.
But basiclly first offence he hasnt got to much to worry bout in terms of doing any time.

An ounce is alot, but then you could try and convince them it was for personal use. After all speed is an addictive substance.

having legal aid will probably just make the sentance either an extra 2-10 years or $500 more or so.. Legal aid lawyers are *very bad* from many personal experiences of myself and friends from my teenage years.

unfortunately wazza is right (in some cases) There is a reason its free.
A lot of the time its worth spending the cash if it means your time will be sliced. Good luck to your friends!

unfortuanately your friend has little chance of proving it was personal use, it's just too much (IMO). Best option is to plead guilty, go to lots of "drug counselling" for his "addiction", before trial which will impress the sentencing judge, that should help. If it's a first offence he may be lucky, keep your fingers crossed.

You mentioned cut, what ratio? The fact that its cut may assist in him proving that it was for personal use. Note : Cut 1:1 14 grams of pure 14 grams of Clucose (Or Whatever) with a speed habit of 1-2 points a day that's a week-week and a half supply.
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

If it's cut like "street speed" then it's more likely to be 7 or 8:1 so that there would be a little over a point in every gram (ie. $30-40 worth of pure in a gram of cut powder). If this was the case, then the ounce of powder might contain in the range of 3-4g of pure. But usually when measuring quantities the law doesn't make the distinction (as far as I know) - speed is speed regardless of purity. I could be wrong.
Best of luck to your friend.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

As far as I know, how cut the substance is is irrelevant. AN OUNCE YOU SAY! hmmm.
First offence, if you can prove it is for personal use (which isnt hard. It has been proven addictive) you would be better off than saying your selling (obviously)
But I wont say much cause I aint a lawyer. But from PAST experiances with myself and others, it should be OK. Maybe some like rehab or therapy, community service.
And lets be realistic, people have gotten less punishment for more severe crimes..

and people have gotten more punishment for less 'severe' crimes.
Its really up to the magistrate/judge, usually if they got laid the night before you get less of a sentance.
Anyway, hope it goes ok..
Play with fire, you'll liable to get burnt

Hmm.. re: "whether it's cut or not doesn't make any difference"...
So what if (ok, unlikely, but hey) you happen to have a ziplock bag with 28g of castor sugar in it sitting around that you happened to open once with meth residue on your fingertips - ie, by law, the mixture is now an ounce of 0.00000001% pure speed!? .. you go down for possession of an ounce of amphetamines, or what?
[scratches head]
------------------
Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration... that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively - there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. here's Tom with the weather!

lsd303: thats why things like this are open to the descretion of a magristrate/judge. There are no 'clear cut' numbers so its up to a human to make common sense judgement on this and a 0.0000000001% pure thing would not be worried about. Thats why there are judges/magristrates, if not we all could read the black/white laws.
i.e
cop reads. ok you have 28 g, 4 bags, scales. Enters in 'THE LAW' program and it spits out '4 years, 3 years good behaviour' and off to jail you go..

However, if you have panadol and are selling them as ecstacy you can be charged with trafficking. If you have a bag with 28g of castor sugar and you try to sell a gram of it to an undercover and tell them it's speed, then I'm fairly sure you can be prosecuted for it as if it WAS speed. It's the intent that counts.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

id say a good lawyer is going to be the best investment your friend could ever make.!

a best friend of mine was in court only a few weeks ago after being busted by the damn undercovers and their dogs in kings X.
He had 2 pills on him and a little pot.
He got off with no fine because it was a first offence. Apparently there is a section your lawyer can go for where you get off with nothing. And you can still easily get a visa and all if you want to travel over seas because you have no criminal conviction.
MAKE SURE YOU GET A LAWYER!! you will need atleast $600 or $700, though, for an OK one. DO NOT USE FREEBIE LEGAL ADVICE or im sure you will be charged big time. The judges know how much good lawyers cost and know that for you to have a lawyer is already a "fine" of $600-700. Of course they can cost thousands and thousands
smile.gif

What my mate did....had his parents, got a reference from a head of our department at UNI, references from teachers, letters about how you plan on living a drug free life from now on ...rar rar rar.
You have to get every little bit of help you can to get off with no conviction.
and good luck
smile.gif

------------------
I said....nice one brova!! :)

If we have 10 grams of speed 10% pure amphetamine, we are charged for having 1 gram of amphetamine.
so purity is definetly an issue for your friend. At what stage it is tested, and how, I don't know and, I don't know at what point this information would come out.

it depends on the state.. some states go on intent.. others on actual measurements..