Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Diabetes

ADSR

Bluelighter
A friend and myself are trying xtc for the first time. I've had and acid before but didn't like it at all, she has only eva had pot.
I suggested that we try an E, but my friend has Diabetes and doesn't want to ask her doctor advice...
So I ask you people who seem to have an answer for everything.
Is there anything she should be worried about?
also..what is a tipical price for some one in Australia?
Thanks.
------------------
Have a nice day ^_^

I guess the most important thing that she should think about is having enough carbohydrates.
I suggest that she has pasta or something high in carbs for dinner, about 2-3 hours before she drops. Then, test her sugar level before she drops as well, and if she's a down, i'd definatly suggest having some chocolate or something.
I don't know how pills would affect her sugar level, but i'm guessing that it would make it drop. Because your body temperature increases, as does your heart rate - similar to going for a walk. If she's dancing, then i'd say her sugar level would drop even more.
so, in addition to water, she should have some 'sugary' drinks - like red-bull or coke, every few hours.
PLEASE NOTE this though: I know about diabetes (my little bro has been diabetic for most of his life), and i'm giving this information from that knowledge. I don't know for SURE what she should do, or how pilling would affect her sugar levels.
However, drop me an email, and i can probably find out some definate info for her.

Maybe copy and paste this into the medical forum aswell. But some of the more competent biochemists (more competent than me that is... I got 59%
smile.gif
) in this forum should be able to answer you.
Med forum would most likely give a more comprehensive answer, quicker.
Pricing depends on state, and area of the state. I see you're in Brisbane, unfortunately I've never been there so can't help. If people answering this could stick to the price for just one or a few pills that'd be appreciated, as that seems most relevant here, and pill pricing discussion can get silly and nasty sometimes.
smile.gif

e will not massively or directly affect her blood sugar levels...
* one of the most important things is to have someone stay straight when she drops. this straight person should also know about diabetes, how to do a blood test, and how to recognise and treat a hypo or a high sugar...
* you will have to worry about the indirect effects of what she's doing. taking part in prolonged activity (such as dancing) will at first make her sugar levels drop, but after a period they will begin to gradually rise again...
* take into account the usual schedule of injections. what i usually do is miss or halve my night time insulin dose (which is a long-acting insulin), but take small amounts of quick acting insulin throughout the night, when i feel i need to. my blood sugar awareness is pretty good though, and i would advise you to do a test and check before giving any insulin if you aren't too sure of yourself.
* eat well during the days before your big night out, complex carbos and high GI foods, as this will make your liver store glycogen which it can release if your blood sugar drops. and if your friend does hypo during the roll or afterwards, take her home. it's way too hard hard to recover from a hypo and expect your body to just keep on going on an e, and a teensy bit dangerous as well...
* stay well hydrated, and don't mix up your being thirsty or going to the toilet with high or low sugars. if in doubt, test!
* take time out. enjoy your surroundings, and stop to consciously allow your body to tell you how it's feeling (because it will!)
* i'm been diabetic for 18 years, and doing ecstasy for 3, haven't had any troubles so far, so it can all be done safely and enjoyably...
* if you've got any specific questions, just email me: [email protected]

p.s. if anything goes wrong, don't hesitate or be afraid to call 000 and ask for help. it also helps to wear your medic alert bracelet too...

p.p.s. red cordial is better than drinking coke or red bull, because you can get a small amount of sugar over time with your intake of water... alternate between weak ad normal strength cordial and just plain water, if you want or need more sugar, just get stronger cordial: easy!

attaris: what about the comedown sleep?
My brother is diabetic and was warned that if he takes drugs and falls into a deep comedown sleep there is a very high chance that his body won't wake him up if he gets low.
your experience?

it is true what you say, but there is no major difference between "comedown" sleep and normal sleep. i suppose i'm careful in that i usually test myself before i go to sleep, but that's usually only because i'm so fucked that i'm not sure how i feel! the potential for the diabetic to never wake up is no larger than normal, as i've known the same thing to happen to diabetics when they are sleeping normally...
this is where the proper diet beforehand comes into it. when you eat complex carbos and high GI foods, your liver stores excess energy as glycogen, which your body will uses as a basic energy source when you're not willing or able to eat food. this is a rather complex process, like a failsafe measure- it's like your bodies own lollyjar!
ummm that said, i suppose it can come down to the individual and whether they will wake up when they're having a hypo or not even realise, but you should be in no greater danger than you would be when you're asleep normally...

She could carry some Glucodin tabs in case she has a hypo (although she possibly already does!)

Thanks guys...
i've forwarded on all of the knowlage (and email addy's) I have received here..
All I have to do now is figure out where the hell we're going to go..."rolling"....
Wish us luck!
------------------
Have a nice day ^_^