Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

G.... the truths

cAmmAc

Bluelighter
I've only just started getting into the G, and I gotta say, it's some crazy stuff!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

After a big nite out, when the g was going around, a lot of questions were asked about it.
Questions such as "Where is it from", "How is it made", "What is it made from", "How much is too much", and "What does prolonged G usage do to your brain" were left unanswered.
I've tried to search for "G", however, no clear answer is given in any of the threads I could find.
Any truths (not wive's tales) would be a great help!
smile.gif

Also, how much alcohol is enough to K.O. a person if they then drink G??
------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

Try searching on GHB rather than "G". All will be revealed.

There is NO safe way to mix G and alchol... although it can be done the risks just aint worth it.
------------------
"At this stage of human evolution those who aren't on psychedelics aren't, in fact, truly human"

erowid is the place:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ghb/ghb.shtml
yeah - G + any amount of alcemohol = world of hurt. Don't mix at all IMHO... and avoid any other depressents in combo.
Take it easy with it and learn your limits. While it's a fun drug, it still has the ability to come back and bite you on the arse big time.

Ok, I have to apologize for being a retard.
Here's a REALY, REALLY good link to info about G .....mmmmm G
smile.gif

http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum35/HTML/000379.html
There's still a few questions yet to be answered though.... so I'll keep looking!
------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

Actually, the alcohol/GHB mix is a bit of a myth. but that said, alcohol will increase the effectsto an extent.
It is fine to mix them together, but as always, moderation is the key. ie: i wouldn't suggest dosing up when already blind drunk
smile.gif
... but then again i wouldn't suggest dropping a pill when blind drunk.
Maxi
btw: before anyone flames me regarding mixing alcohol and GHB... have you tried it???
^^^^^^^^^
This kind of shit is gonna get someone killed Maxi. Is it really worth it, GHB + alcohol, even in small doses, doesn't feel nearly good enough to warrant the risk. BigTrancer
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 12 September 2001).]

• [*]IMPORTANT
It is fine to mix them together, but as always, moderation is the key. ie: i wouldn't suggest dosing up when already blind drunk
From a harm minimisation standpoint this is extremely bad advice.
We are here to give the best advice we can, based on facts. The fact is, gamma-hydroxybutyrate (or 1,4-butanediol) and alcohol are contraindicated (dangerous to combine) because they potentiate the CNS depressant effects of each other.
This is dangerous for three reasons:
1. In the event that you have taken too much of either substance, you can fall unconscious in an unsafe and unfamiliar place. If you haven't notified anyone that you have ingested GHB, this can result in emergency personnel misdiagnosing your coma and using inappropriate medical intervention.
2. Your cough and gag reflexes can be suppressed. This means in the event of you becoming unconscious, you can aspirate your own vomit, stopping your intake of oxygen resulting in hypoxia, tissue necrosis, brain damage and death.
3. Your breathing can be depressed to the point of cessation. This means that you are basically relaxed to the point where your breathing stops. This can cause the effects listed above.
Because GHB usually comes in liquid form, the concentration of each batch can be different. Therefore it's never safe to assume you know your dosage. This is the reason it's not safe to mix with alcohol because if you take even a small amount more GHB than you expected, you can end up passing out.
This is extremely HIGH RISK behaviour and engaging in these practices is NOT advised. Any time you're taking GHB you should write a "G" on your left hand so that if you pass out people will know what you've had.
PLEASE DO NOT COMBINE GAMMA HYDROXYBUTYRATE OR 1,4-BUTANEDIOL WITH ALCOHOL.
BigTrancer.
------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

And, before anyone says anything else - YES you may have tried it and lived, but that doesn't mean you will be safe next time. It also doesn't mean someone else who takes the same doses you did will live through it.
Remember the people who have gambled and lost. It's your life, why risk it for a shitty buzz?
GHB feels fine on it's own. Alcohol feels fine on it's own. If you want a higher high, then smoke a fucking joint or take a pill or something instead of combining these two drugs. It doesn't make sense to combine them when you know how many people have tried and failed.
Sorry to sound so harsh, but there are warnings for a reason.
BT.
------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Yeah, as i said, in moderation it is all good... but the general idea out there is that if you have a dose of GHB, then a beer and the next thing you know you'll be dead.
Maxi
[This message has been edited by Maxi (edited 12 September 2001).]

no it's not all good
you've got a dangerous opinion - which is utterly stupid and although i'm all for free speech it's time to shut the fuck up.
------------------
~sleep is for the week~

I'm not sure its quite *that* bad maxi.
But you really playing with fire though kids. What you think may be true may not necessarily be true. (think PMA + Ianhard)

well, maybe not in melbourne.... but up here i can't even get friends to try it.
(and i'm talking about trying it with NO alcohol)
I think people are still basing their views on the incident at the Gold Coast a few years back.
Maxi

Maxi: people have jumped off 10 story buildings and lived.
Are YOU gonna try that.

just a personal anecdote from g -
i loved g heaps when i tried it. so on around the second or third time i decided to take it further and had multiple redoses. *I* had a great time... my friends didn't.
while i was laughing stupidly at the world, i was incomprehensible and non responsive. then i passed out for 3 hours.. no amount of effort from them could wake me. they picked me up and carried me around but i was out cold. kinda scared them a little...
so yeah just keep it in mind..
------------------
bringing the house down.

I also had a bad experience on G. This happened a few months ago. It pretty much scared the shit out of me - Ive learnt from it, and it has made me a wiser person. It was almost as bad as it gets really... Slowly people are getting the message that G is not some miraculous safe drug.
I ended up in intensive care where i stayed for about 24 hours, my body temperature dropped to 32 degrees, i was barely breathing. I was wrapped in bubble wrap with hair dryer things on me to warm me up, my heart was barely beating. There was a tube running into my stomach, and a tube into my lungs. I was given drugs to temporarily paralyze myself so i didnt wake up and rip this shit out of myself in confusion.
My family obviously found out everything about who I am now, which came as a bit of a shock, but which has brought me closer to them.
I over did the G that night, for sure - drank too much over too long a time period. I think it was BT that said this earlier, that the best thing to do is NOT carry more G on yourself, and get someone else to redose you (or even better - NOT redose you if you dont need it). That I believe is some wicked advice.. i think it was Soma who flamed me before about this on a different website for making the same suggestion, but anyhow I believe having too much G is easy when youre already fucked on G. G steals your judgement as to when a top up is really a good idea. Well thats how it was for me anyhow..
I dont drink G anymore..
I just read through all of this again and it sounds like a horror story, and its not supposed to be. I did overdo it hard. Moderation is the key i guess..
Anyhoo, to end on a lighter note, *DANG* g makes you feel dandy
smile.gif

Any thoughts?
[This message has been edited by DeXX (edited 12 September 2001).]

^^^
Great to see you posting man...
Yes, the whole incident had us all freaked. Glad you made it out of that one alive dude, it was a rude shock to hear the news.
Numerous people know of my zero-to-G whore day, and the ammount of time I spent unresponsive. I really only realised how stupid and irresponsible that was the next day when I was in a more lucid state of mind. I pushed the envelope, and was lucky not to really fuck up. Conclusion... G is a peice of cake to mess up on. Do your research and excersise some serious restraint when dealing with it. I'm usually pretty cautious, but seductive G robbed me of my judgement.
wink.gif
Watch out.
[This message has been edited by -Thoth (edited 13 September 2001).]

Don't mind me Dexx, sometimes I can be quick to flame. Well not really flame, just post some 'alternative' ideas.
Half time I do it its because people somtimes post just plain misleading, frenzied, 'reefer madness' type posts that really should end with 'and why won't someone think of the CHILDREN'.

No sources. No excuses. BT
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 13 September 2001).]