Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Be Careful

Betty Boop

Bluelighter
Hello Everyone
I just wanted to say that I hope that everyone is remembering to help our younger clubbers to be safe with their experimentation. If you are selling do you make sure that those you are selling to have used the substance before. I am hearing increasing stories of first time users trying drugs for the first time alone or with a group of other first time users.
The amount of horror stories I can share with people od'ing or having breakdowns or hurting themselves by this sort of behaviour is numerous.
Sadly I think it is us older ones who get carried away with how well we can 'handle' our drugs and how 'safe' drugs are that we can perpetuate this sort of behaviour by not being smart enough about who we sell to. Prefering not to know to put our heads in the sand. Or by being so vocal in how well we can 'handle' our drugs that we inspire others to try them alone so that they can be sure that they too can 'handle'.
Please everyone be careful. Our minds are so special they are what make us who we are. Don't fuck with them.
Sorry to be so serious but the game we play is a dangerous one and if we are to play it safely it is those who are just starting to play that must be taught how.

Aye agreed, there are far too many people who jump into drug-taking without any guidance and without any idea of what they're taking or what it will really do to them...
Fortunately there are plenty of people like us giving people the benefit of our knowledge and making sure (as much as we can) that they do things as safely as possible...
I've heard many stories of people leading first timers through their experience and allowing that first-timer to enjoy the experience much more than they otherwise would have...

Nice Thread........i agree
I dont mind helping the younger generation out, or watching over them, really i find that informing them first before their first roll really helps.
but the mind really boggles when it comes to the age of some of them......so young
I think if youre going to choose to recrationally take drugs its mabey a good idea to be a tad older, so that you have some idea of whats going on in life....rather than getting stuck in limbo during a drug haze....
But yes i try to help out ppl, my phone is on 24hrs incase ppl want to ask me a Q? or get some advice, its all about moderation
just my 2c............
------------------
the consciouness of self is the greatest hinderance to the correct execution of any physical action... u dont exist therefore there are no boundaries or limits

Sadly I think it is us older ones who get carried away with how well we can 'handle' our drugs and how 'safe' drugs are that we can perpetuate this sort of behaviour by not being smart enough about who we sell to.
Personally I don't really like the way you have generalised what young/old ppl are like. People have problems regardless of their age. Older ppl have just as many problems with overdoing it.
More often than not, the people who seem to be selling are the young ones! They don't even understand the safety issues, so they can't be responsible for informing others, it's just "all good" as far as they know... most ppl generally get into selling because they have drug problems themselves don't they? If you are a responsible dealer, I'd guess you're in the minority!
People use anything to justify what they do. So even if ppl try to teach moderation to others but take drugs themselves, this is enough for other ppl to disregard their message of moderation.
Everyone interprets what they hear, to support whatever they want to do.

I think 'older' and 'younger' refer to the time spent ingesting substances.

thx Jakoz by older and younger i did mean time spent ingesting not actual age
but i'm sorry if i generalised too much
i have just heard of quite a few new users trying exceedingly dangerous substances including GBH alone or without experienced users around. GBH appears to be doing the rounds at the moment and to hear of new people hitting the scene trying this stuff at home alone or at recoveries with only other new users quite frankly scares the crap out of me.
Most ppl i know of who have been in the scene for long enough at some point will help out a friend in obtaining substances even if they're not dealers as such and it would be nice if we all tried to be as aware as we possibly can of where the stuff is going to be taken. I know its not really always possible but its also very easy to forget that there are users out there that are new to the scene and are still experimenting - a reminder to be aware can't hurt.
Logically I know there's no way we can monitor where people take their drugs etc etc but i think its an idea to just be aware that we always emphasise safety in the way we talk about drugs or at least a sensible attitude.
Ok that probably didn't make much sense coz i'm incredibly tired at the moment. But hope that explains things a bit better.
Be Safe everyone
Play Hard but Play Smart and lets help our newbies to do the same.

Ok in regards to younger ravers/clubbers poppin...... IT SHITS ME! I'm not trying to be naive here, but when i hear of all age raves like Utopia/Rush Hour etc, i generally won't go. Kids are poppin as young as 13 etc. Now if i had kids they wouldn't be going to no rave. I will admit i am 22 and only started this about 8 months ago, but haven't stopped since i started, i guess i just think it's something they can wait for till they're older and nothing more shits me than DD pushing it down kids throats. Ok enough said from me!
------------------
What's the difference between fantasy and reality?

bumpmek
I agree, in a perfect world DD's would have morals, however that is not the case.
I must admit, I would have been considered a kiddy core raver when I started. My first rave was back in july 1992 when I was 16. However I was with my cousin and his friends who I asked for guidance and listened to. Because of that guidance I had the perfect introduction to the scene, frequenting raves throughout the end of 92 and onwards.
Never did I have a bad experience due to mis information. I suppose it has a lot to do with knowing my own limits but without someone elses words... don't know what might have happened.
It seems that nowadays more and more teens are attending raves and the more teens there are the more bravado and peer pressure there will be. In general young teens without any guidance are a timebomb waiting to explode..

I was first dropping at about 14/13 (Year 8...Not sure how old I was)
I admit, I did some very stupid and naive things, but I really don't think age has much to do with it.
I also don't think the amount of time you have spent doing drugs has much to do with it either. Sure a lot of people who are normally sensible will get very fucked over at some stage early on in their drug "career", for lack of a better term. And in those respects, you guys are spot on, "take it easy till you know your business" to be sure.
But to be brutally honest in my experience, some of the people I know who have been doing drugs for the longest, and who do them by far the most often, are also the most stupid.
Some people have not got one iota of common sense, call me cynical if you will, but in life there are just some thickheads.
A former fairly good friend of mine was spending about $300-400 a week on drugs (at a guess) at one stage. She was a couple of years older than me and had at that time been doing eccies, acid or whatever for about 5 or 6 years.
I can honestly say that I have never known anyone to be so careless and completely stupid with drugs.
Talk about dumb. I can recall her triple dropping (I think) red lips, which (I think...really am not sure, bad memory, more an (1/2)educated guess) were reasonable pills. But this was at six in the morning on a sunday, when she hadn't slept for about two days (as I recall she had been going since the friday night - May have slept on the saturday at some stage I really don't remember). But this was about 4 or 5 hours since her last pills, already fatigued, and she takes 3 pills in one hit, absolute madness, and how she ended up after that weekend doesn't even deserve a mention; the imagination will suffice.
I'm sure there are some BL'ers who have done equally (imo) foolish things
smile.gif
"You crazy guys"
But to cut a long story short (too late), I think that the most irresponsible people are sometimes the ones who have been doing it the longest, familiarity breeds overconfidence in my opinion.
I'm not sure what I'm trying to say with this (what a surprise), but as one of the youngest members of this board (17yo), I feel I should stick up for us a bit, and just say that...I don't know...The younger generation will always just copy what they see, so sure tell the new users to be careful. But also be careful of the example that you set.
So yeah, I think in a sense I’m just reiterating some of what you were saying BettyBoop.
And I haven't made a bar of sense I'm almost certain...
But errr ummm don't at once blame stupidity on youth or lack of experience, first reflect on some other older or experienced users (not necessarily yourself) before passing judgment.
*cough* That should fix it...
Yeah nice save......