Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What drug are you REALLY taking?

jakoz

Bluelighter
What have you had?
It seems to me that *very few* people are sure about the contents of the pill they last/are about to eat. Regular users of this board are probably more familiar with the actions of various drugs and the contents of current pills, but plenty of people just browse through here now and then, and hopefully this will catch their eye.
So here it is, a quick summary of the effects of the most common and/or dangerous MDMA (the chemical name of ecstasy) substitutes of a pill. Remember the effects, and you might have some idea of what youve eaten.
-----------------------------------------------
Amphetamines
I will not distinguish between meth and speed - most people wouldnt know the difference. Probably the most commonly used substitute.
CHARACTERISTICS
-increased heart rate
-talking shit at 150mph
-basically, it feels like you are running at light speed.
-most people think of a pill with a dosage of whizz as 'dancey'
Personal experience: not really dangerous. I quite like whizz personally. Comparatively long half life - usually your pupils will still be large over 8 hours later, and Ive had it last over 30 hours from a single pill.
ErowID link for more info
Ketamine
Common dissassociatative, used by vets as an anaesthetic for animals. Cheap to buy, hence it is often thrown in.
Larger doses can result in users being 'k-holed' (see below link)
Smaller doses give a (from personal experience) floaty feel.
Personal Experience: Often combined with speed in a bunk pill, to produce a floaty feel almost like that of MDMA. A good example is that of the Blue Nikes, which were in Perth this year, and fooled people into thinking they were great pills. Short half life - last time I had a ket pill, I only noticed the ket for about an hour.
ErowID link for more info
DXM
This one's too weird to really describe in a short post like this, BUT READ THE LINK BELOW! Extract from the link below, posted by johnboy:
When a user takes a DXM pill, thinking that it is MDMA, they are in great danger of physical harm. The problem is not the DXM itself, which as we've pointed out has been used recreationally for years, but the users expectation of an "XTC" experience.
DXM is a dissociative like Ketamine. This type of drug is very unlike MDMA. It makes a person feel like their body is not their own. It canbe described in a very rough way as "trippy". Recreational use of cough syrup is often referred to as "Robo-Tripping", named after Robotrussin, a common cough syrup.
One of DXM useful side effects as a cough supressant is it's anti-cholinergic effect. What this means is it slows down or stops your sweating response. This is ok when your lying in bed with a cold, but if you are dancing all night, in a hot, unventilated rave, you could end up dead. MDMA also does this, to a degree. This is why it is important to stay hydrated when dancing, regardless of what you have taken.
DXM has one other big problem for someone who takes it without their knowledge. If you take a DXM and an MDMA pill you are putting an extreme load on your liver, as both these chemicals are broken down by the same enzyme (CYP-2D6). Your chances of liver failure or heatstroke are more than doubled.
I'd say the most easily distinguishable of the common effects are the extreme itchiness ('Roboitch') and a feeling partly like being very drunk.
Recognised as VERY bad to take with MDMA.
Personal Experience: Bloody weird drug. Not doing it any more.
FAQ: DXM
ErowID DXM Vault
PMA
Taken from the below link, posted by Shellbear:
PMA
(paramethoxyamphetamine)
Description
Beige, white or pink powder, usually misrepresented as MDA.
Origin and Medical Uses
Produced in labs specifically for illicit drug market. No medical use.
Short-term Effects
Effects similar to LSD, coupled with racing pulse, high blood pressure, increased and laboured breathing, high fever, erratic eye movement, muscle spasms, vomiting. At high doses PMA often causes convulsions, coma and death. One of the most dangerous hallucinogens.
Long-term Effects
Insufficient research.
Personal effects - not yet tried, and not in a hurry to.
This is the nasty one. IF YOU SUSPECT that you have taken a bad pill containing PMA by mistake, tell others and take action immediately... this is definately not one to fuck around with.
FAQ: On PMA
FAQ: PMA, a work in progess.
Caffiene/Ephidrene
Weak stimulants, from my past experiences often found in capsules.
Im sure you know caffiene well. Meant to imitate better drugs, and they cost fuck all for producers, so they get thrown in. Very common.
Heroin/Cocaine
Not found in pills, despite popular misconception. Both are not orally active (eg. it does fuck all if you eat them) and both are too expensive.
NOTES FOR SAFER USING
1) NEVER buy at a rave or club! Youll have no idea what the hell you had, which leads onto:
2) ALWAYS buy plenty in advance! Not only will you get a better deal, but youll have time to
3) TEST you pills! Pill testers are comparatively cheap, very easy to buy, and give you a pretty fair idea of whats *really* in the pill youre going to eat. GET ONE.
Other VERY useful links
FAQ: Dangerous Combos FAQ
FAQ: E Related Nausea/Vomiting
The ErowID Vaults
[This message has been edited by Jakoz (edited 07 September 2001).]

honestly thats a great post, i knew most of what u wrote, buts its good to see that ur willing to share ur knowledge in that manner, awsome work, and yeah PMA is a no no!!!!!!
------------------
*****i Am ThE tRiBaL ALiEn*****

thanks
smile.gif

Was just a quick summary, written because I find it disturbing how many people say 'Yeah, Ive been there before (in regards to Bluelight)' and never picked up a thing... was an effort to catch some of the passers by
smile.gif

thanks for the info man!! will come in very handy when my mate bitches about whats in his pill next time he pops.Nice post man!!
smile.gif

*pats Jakoz on the head*
Well done boy! Now that you have your net back it's good to see your helping fight evil and uphold what is pure and true!
*yay*
hehe. Nice one bro! See you soon.

"Mate i'm gunna need 20 for this weekend, not smacky heroin ones though, something a bit more cokey or speedy, i wanna feel it and be dancing, but i don't wanna be, like, melting into the seat..."
Ahh, educated drug users.

Good one Jakoz. One of the best summaries I've seen. Let's hope some folks read it.

LOL @ Supaspeed.
I have heard that so many times it's not funny.
'here you go' (hands them a panadol and winks)

Phat, good work Jakoz, a nice little summary for the speed-readers.
heh, i just used the word speed.
Bump

/nick Munchee
Now jakoz, by saying buy plenty in advance I'd assume you mean buy a long time in advance, because it would be silly buy large quantities of drugs.
Oh yeah and you forgot to tell the good people the effects of goofballs, another common substance found in pills. :)