Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

difference between ritalin and dexies??

robE

Bluelighter
hey all,
i remember when i was younger taking both types of these at different times. I thought at the time that both were made of speed. I have now found that ritalin is in fact not that at all.
I remember they both gave the exact same speedy, happy effect. Although ritalin seemed a little stronger and shorter lived. Dexies seemed a little weaker although kept me awake well into that night.
could someone please explain how they both work? i assume both produce dopamine in the end??
Thanks.
------------------
I said....nice one brova!! :)

i dunno but all i've heard is ritalins a dervivative of methamphetamine but is not an amphetamine where as dex is and amphetamine. i reckon dex was better

Oh i remember them!
We used to bully the ADD kids in the year below for them and then crush them up and snort them just for kicks or to stay up and study all night just b4 the HSC. And we made snow cones with them when we couldnt get a hold of goey.
They both felt the same for me but a mate of mine said the dexxies worked better for him.
All i know is that they're good shit to take at school if you want to stay up all night and study for exams.

Rob E,
Ritalin is the trade-name of a drug called methylphenidate, which has been on the market since the early 1950's. The patent is owned by the Novartis drug corporation, and is currently the drug of choice in the US for the treatment of Attention Deficit Disorder. Although not of the amphetamine family, its stimulant effects are comparable. Initially, the prescribing of Ritalin didn't carry the stigma associated with the more traditional amphetamine drugs, hence its popularity.
Questions have been raised as to the safety of Ritalin in recent years. A 1996 US Government toxicology report indicated that it may cause cancer. The study was conducted on rodents, and at high doses; even so, not really a drug to mess with.
Dexamphetamine is just that - basic speed, traditionally called "dexedrine". This is the stuff they used to feed soldiers during the second world war, to get them amped for battle - 72 million tablets were distributed to the British Army alone.
Another drug, often used as an amphetamine substitute, though chemically distinct, is Kethamed, or pemoline. Its effects are similar to both Ritalin and dexamphetamine.

thanks sneak2 you always come through with the bomb answers!
biggrin.gif

allllLLLLLL cleared up. I'll try staying away from ritalin in future.
Hey by the way, i bought a bottle of "liver protection" vitamins the other day. They weren't the same brand that you mentioned although the main ingredient is milk thistle. i think it was 2000mgs in the whole bottle of 30 tablets.
------------------
I said....nice one brova!! :)