Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Valium and E

from_straight_ A_2 Es

Bluelighter
Since i can get panicky when i start to peak, which tends to fuck with my night, i was wondering if taking valium before/with my e would help keep me calm for the peak? Or would the valium just counteract the e? If this isn't such a great idea, what can i chemically do to help ease anxiety whilst e-ing? i find it difficult to mentally convince myself that i'll be fine and i hate having to pull my friends away from the dancefloor just because i'm having a spac attack.
THANKS

You may find that temazepam (valium) mellows you out too much. Try searching for non-chemical remedies first. My suggest would be try mdma at home with some friends and see if you still panic. It could be the club environment that is contributing to your general anxiety. Otherwise maybe try half a valium, or even better, try taking half a pill rather than a whole one. You may find that you aren't as anxious when your pill comes up more gently. Then take the other half an hour later.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

first i have to say that anxiety is not a prerequisite for rolling!
from a person who suffers from it.That and panic attacks.ahh they all the same!
anywho.i take valium and have been weening myself of them for the last two years.im down to one or a half every 4-5 days.From 4 a day!I started taking valium cause i took alot of other over the counter pills.That was my remedy for anxiety then.and helped my comedowns.So so wrong.anyways,im babbling on now...
i had the same problem before droping.So i used to take a val before i droped my E.A full one for me wasnt to mashing as in over powering my biccie.But i have built up a bit of an immunity(sp?)to them so id say if you arnt a reguler used of vals a half would do the job,an hour before you drop.this is all bassed on 5mg valium.
How often do you suffer from them?how bad are they?who do you feal when you get one?remember that panic attack are a mind thing.You do not need pills to over come them.
do some research into them.There are countless books you can read all about them,how they get triggered off and what you can do about them.
Sorry i dont a have the names at the moment of some books you could read.
oh and like BT said.Maybe start with a half.Then droped the other half and hour later or when you feal comfortable.Ive found that taking valium during and E,Ive had full blow pannic attacks while rolling.Does calm you down and deppending on your val dosege,you might slow down your E aswell.and i think thats where you have to worry about the neurotoxicity stuff...?anyone?
also do a search on here.theres lots of topics with valium.

thanxs for the info. I get panic attacks fairly regularly and in odd, unpredicable places. Last week i was on the bus and just flipped, ran off at the first stop i could and bolted to the medical clinic insisting on seeing a doctor... they make me feel like i'm going to die (which i know sounds fucken poor, but at the time it is such a real feeling). I try to reason with myself and tell myself that there is nothing wrong and its just in my mind but that doesn't seem to work (hence the need for a chemical solution). I also try to concentrate on my breathing (trying to be very slow and regular) but that seems to fuck with me more cause its telling me that there is something wrong (if there's nothing wrong why do i have to control my breathing, panic panic panic)... heightening the panic attack. Anyway, they usually last for 10mins to an hour and as of yet i have not found a way of controlling them its like they just have to run their course. Recently, i have been able to feel them coming on and try to prevent them, but as of yet... no success (although, aleast i am a little prepared for it).
I've also tried the slow build up approach... i do one pill taken in quarters over about 2hrs. What i find happens is that i'm buzzy (no loved up effect, just energetic) until after i take the last quarter when it comes on full blow and it feels like i've just sunk the full pill. Anyway, this is exactly what i feel during these panics;
* Fuck... i'm going to have a heart attack/ stroke and die!
* Sweaty palms
* Head feels like its turning inside out (not a headache tho) very serreal
* Tingly limbs
* Unable to concentrate/focus
* Out of my body (hard to explain) like my mind and my body are not the same. Like i don't associate myself in the mirror with who i am.
* a general feeling of going insane
* heart palipitations
* fuzzy head
* apparently to others i appear calm. In my dash to the medical centre, i was having a chat with the receptionist and she didn't realise that i was in a state. Neither did the docter until he check my heart rate and sweaty palms.

It is safe to combine e and a benzodiazepine such as Valium (which is diazepman, not temazepam - temazepam is a sleeping pill). Just be careful of sedation if you plan on driving. E can exacerbate anxiety.
Have you sought treatment for the panic attacks? One treatment is SSSRI anti-depressants, but you can't roll if you are on these. Psychotherapy can also be very helpful - exposure therapy in particular. You would need to see a psychologist for this. They also teach you how to calm yourself down without needing medication - believe it or not it is a skill you can learn! Medication doesn't really cure the panic, whereas therapy can bring about lifelong changes.
The symptoms you describe are very typical of panic attacks and they an be effectively treated.
[This message has been edited by babydoc_vic (edited 03 September 2001).]

hey ,from_straight_ A_2 Es,if it makes you feal any better,all that you have explained is what happens to me when im having a pannic attack.and shit yeah the breathing thing dosnt always work!You just gotta ride it out and know,You aint going to die!But man its hard sometimes not to think that.You will learn how to control the fuckers,in time! and i recommend that you dont take speed.that is if you use it?
i have the name of the book i wanted to mention before.Its called-
LIVING WITH IT.
Survivoures Guide To Panic Attacks.
By-Bev Aisbett.
get it man.Its like 15 bucks and its the best book i read about pannic attacks.Makes you feal normal when you read it!
good luck!
smile.gif

thanks heaps Its Chaos... its so good to know that i'm not alone. Anyway, i don't do speed as of yet, although i did want to give it a go eventually (in very moderate amounts). However, what i have always wanted to try was cocaine (more than any other drug i have done)... is this, like speed - a bad idea as far as panic attacks are concerned? This is my final question... i promise... i couldn't find anything with the search.