Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

chrystal meth & speed...

pleEzed

Bluelighter
chrystal meth & speed...

what's the difference?
Is chrystal meth speed or a type of speed or a totally different chemical?
Sorry for my ignorance but hey, if you don't ask, you don't know, right?

speed should be amphetamine, white powder looking.
Crystal methamphetamine is different, looks like crystals (as the name suggests).
Since crystal has been found to be easier to produce and more potent, most of what we get as speed is actually just crystal which has been crushed and cut with some cutting agent and sold as speed.
try Erowid for more information

Can I just add, that I really know people think they can tell the difference between meth and speed just by looking at it, but its just not the case. Speed can be just as crystaline as meth and vice versa.
EZ-Test Supreme tests show that no matter if you think you know, you are generally speaking, wrong. Not to say that I havent seen a few cases where people DO actually guess correctly, but I'm thinking this is sheer luck rather than some chemical skill they have developed.
I mean really, if we need a reagent to test between the substances do you really think our innacurate eye is going to be able to tell the difference between a complex chemical and another complex chemical?
[This message has been edited by ruski (edited 29 August 2001).]

Well said Ruski.
smile.gif

I kind of prefer meth to speed. I find it much cleaner...it's supposed to be 'purer' than speed right? If that's even the right word?

depends on the chemist and synth, however as a general rule crystal in pure form is usually purer due to the simpler synth (less steps = less to go wrong) and the crystallization removing more impurities

speed=methylamphetamine=meth=methylamphetamine=speed.
if your confused yes im saying they are both the same chemical.
just my 2 cents

Yea there's alot of speed type gear out there.
There's speed, meth, chrystal meth, ice and pure.
I started on speed got sick of inconsistant cuts so I started buying pure. Pure is very fine crystals looks almost like a light bluey kind of slime and smells potent. You have to cut it with glucose = speed. Meth is something else and Chrystal meth is the smokable form of meth in the way that crack is smokable coke.
May be switching to ice soon but havr to look up more aboutit B4 I try.
Any of the above info could B wrong but I'm just going from personal experience.
BTW anyone know anything about ice.

Oh and whoever said Meth = Methamphetamine = speed = meth.
Doesn't the MA in MDMA stand for MethAmphetamine. So Meth=ecstacy=speed=??

Actually speed is just amphetamine. Meth is Methamphetamine. However being that meth and speed are just street names it doesn't really matter does it.
------------------
Huh,...What,...Who,....Dude I can't here a fucken word your saying.

*Stands behind Airwalk*
100% right in my opinion Airwalk.
Meth = Meth Amphetamine
Speed = Amphetamine (imo) (well in melb anyway)
And big Kev, although E is a variety of Meth amphetamine. your for getting the MD part.
its methylenedioxy-n-methylamphetamine.
And theres a big difference.
AFAIK. Amphetamines VS meth amphetamines
works like this.
plain amphetamines are not as strong as Meth amphetamine, but also not as toxic.
MDMA is a hole other story. AFAIK, its does not have some of the bad effects (phycosis) that are caused by sipmle Meth Amphetamines.
Anyone want to go further?
Oh and to add, the "legal" amphetmines such as ritalin are all plain Amphetamines, not meth ampetamines, due to them been safer.
Chem

Ritalin isnt an amphetamine.
Dexies are = dextroamphetamine.
The reason the poster above said speed=meth=methamphetamine is because almost all "speed" made and sold in australia is probably methylamphetamine (whether it should be called that or not).
The simple reason...the pseudoephedrine route. It is very easy with the right ingredients.
Its true that the same methods can turn PPA into amphetamine, but as amphetamine is less desired than meth and PPA is harder to get than pseudoephedrine, this is almost never done.
Synthesising amphetamine from the other routes is a lot harder (the same would go for meth), and backyard chemists would not be doing it.
People on BL who have bought the E supreme have semi confirmed this. Every bit of "speed" someone has tested so far that i am aware of, has reacted postively to meth.
Now i am not saying there isnt ordinary amphetamine out there; i mean its out there in the form of dexies isnt it.
Personally i doubt dl-amphetamine is greatly more stimulating than just dextro. Maybe it is. But it pales in comparison to meth.
I think the waxy, yellowy looking rock is probably some rather inexperienced cooks meth effort, and "crystal meth" is the same stuff, just in the hands of something who has had the skill and patience to make it well and then purify it even better.
All meth can be smoked i think; meth's crack equivalent is called "snot". A horrible sticky mess, and not really desired.
Ice is another thing which for me still remains a mystery. Very pure crystal meth or 4-methylaminorex; its likely thats it both but should only be the latter.
I'd be curious to know whats coming out of SE Asia in enormous quantities and called ice. Its very well made, unlike backyard jobs, but its true identity at this stage is not definitely known.

well, it's all a bit of a fucking mess, isn't it?
*throws arms up in the air*
who knows?

Biscuit is right. There is very little "speed" (in the true sense of the term) on Australian streets. Its mostly meth. The difference in apperance and effects is most likely related to the quality of its synth.

little off topic although can someone supply me with a little info on the E-test supreme kits a few ppl mentioned in this thread..?
how much? where can i buy one? whats it test for?
Im in sydney.
PS: can it test reliably for DXM in a pill with eg 30% DXM / 70% MDMA?
i recently had a fucked up pill with lots of DXM/PMA or K and i thought i was dying. I never want to go through that again
frown.gif

------------------
I said....nice one brova!! :)

what Biscuit said.
theres virtually no amphetamine parading as speed. its all meth. the different types? well, there are different synths.
erase everything we've thought all along.
smile.gif

Good post Buscuit - I'd agree basically with everything there that I've had experience with.
I'd just like to add - there is definantly more than one source of speed in australia (duh) and sometimes those source spit out speed that does have different effects. One is the whole 'body' orientied type effect, the other the 'mind' orientied.
Ice/4-methyamorix is becoming more available.
Crystal Meth is also available.

Soma that is possibly due to the d vs l effects again.
Depending on the precursors used the final product made is either dextro-methamphetamine only, or a d/l mixture.
People at the Hive often implied a lot of pseudoephedrine and ephedrine is found only as the pure dextro type.
I dont know if this is the case, but if it is, then the product is pure d-meth.
Dont worry about the naming and stuff but its accepted that the d type is far more active in the brain, with the l type a lot less so; but its very active in the peripheral nervous system (that is everywhere else except your brain/spine)
Obviously just like is the case with dexies, the dextro-meth is likely to be very much a "mind" drug, whereas the dl mixture is both mind and body, and i'd presume more taxing and less clear headed.
There is a reason ADD sufferers are prescribed dextro only. Its to avoid unneccesary body effects like elevated heart rate and blood pressure, muscle cramping etc.
These do occur with D alone, but only generally in significant doses.