Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Portugal's new drug laws

**AJ**

Bluelighter
I thought this was pretty impressive... I heard on the news tonight that the Portugese government has reduced the penalty for all drug possession so that you can only go to jail for trafficking ('dejailinated' maybe?). I was surprised to hear the channel ten newsreader going on about targeting those who are responsible for the adverse effects on society that are usually levelled at (recreational) users. I'm excited (a la Big Kev). Well not really, but I think that's a pretty good attitude to have, especially in comparison to the John Howard 'tough on drugs' crap... I guess it's an old argument (and not exactly an election-winning policy in australia) but it's nice to know that such a thing as a forward government exists... somewhere... Maybe we should organise a BL convoy to Portugal? Or maybe we should just ship John Howards there?
smile.gif

AJ.
PS. Did anyone see the episode of Backberner where they changed the Howard anti-drug slogan to "tough on drugs..... that don't make us money"
smile.gif
hehe

i think the laws were passed a while ago.. along with a few other european countries that arent afraid of americas threats to decriminalise drugs.. thats why drugs will never be decriminalised here..
take canada for example.. they were thinking of decriminalising pot, but didnt because of pressure from the usa and threats of cutting important trade links n stuff..

Portugal: nice one. i also saw the news report (on ABC news), and it looked interesting. of course, we'll wait and see whether it works. from the ABC report, the gist of the decision to decriminalise is the feeling that the Portuguese govt has already lost the war on drugs, and it was no longer a war worth fighting. well... duh!
wink.gif

US government: grrrr... i wish the bastards would just mind their own fucking business for a change. what does pres bush care if canadian kiddies are allowed to toke some cones in their toronto dens of iniquity-err homes. sure, it's ok for the americans to build a missile defense system that alters the delicate strategic balance of the world in such a way that america would have the potential to hold any other country in the world to nuclear ransom... but Canadians having joints? not on your life, it's not the American way!
grumble grumble... i'm not paranoid, it's just that america is trying to dominate us all! mind control i tells ya!!! no free thought!! [/paranoid rant]
------------------
"when i rock, it's something to see, something to see, something to see..."

yeah i saw this come up on the news..
i think the deal was, drug users are still arrested if caught, but get put into counselling instead of jail.
i think its a really positive move.
theres been too many people in jail for drug possession. and it doesnt solve anything.
it shows that enough attitudes have changed on this issue to warrant making such a decision on a national level.
an' yeh.. fuck the US
smile.gif

fuck the US. they dont have that much control, they cant be everywhere at once. we allready have weed posesion decriminalised in some areas of aust. and the WA drug summit sounded promising.
as for canada, two of the three major cannabis seed banks (including marc emery-multimillion $ buisness) are in british columbia and they shipt to the US and theres nothing george W can do about it. also look at the drug issue in mexico and all the drugs that flood the border there.
the US is loosing the war but will be the last to conceed defeat. our day will come. only time wll tell when
PS becareful who u vote for in the upcomming federal election. there are various good partys that run but dont get publicity ie AMP (aust marijuana party) vote wisely people.
SirLSD

The AMP is a front for the Liberals and they give first preference to the Liberal party.(I heard)

^
|
so fill out the voting form properly (number ALL the boxes on the House of Reps ballot paper) and give your own preferences... it's really not that hard to avoid voting for One Nation or the Liberals...