• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help!

potatodaddyHater2

Greenlighter
Im trying to quit opiates, had been clean for almost 2 days..actually 2 days(48 hours or so). I have been using benzos to sleep, dont feel THAT BAD, i did feel like shit today so i got like 100 mg and took 70 and saved 30. My last dosage was 100 mgs, a total of 400 that day. the day before was 500, ive never taken more than 500mg a day, also i dont desire benzos in any way, i think they are a waste of time and money, BUT they do help with WD. Here are my question, answer them if you have been through this or know anything about neurology.
1. I took opiates since 2007, small at first, then more and more..this past year, it got bad. ANYWAYS, ive been trying to read, but its difficult? WHY?
2.HOW many days will it take before i can feel normal? physically, and mentally: i know they vary GREATLY in number. from days to years.
3.ANY tips? such as motrin, loperdamide(im taking it now). im not taking methadone or suboxone, fuck that shit.
4.THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE, is there any empirical data to prove how long it takes for a person that uses X amount of opiates for Y amount of time to feel normal mentally and happy in the natural way. Ive found it difficult to enjoy normal things, its the depression from me using up all my fucking dopamine or whatever. im not a neurologist, i know a little bit though.
5.DONT SUGGEST i shoot up heroin, STFU. Only post if you are clean and are intellectually capable of answering these questions without idiotic comments.
SORRY for the bad grammer, language, attitude. If you knew how i felt, im sure some of you do, you would understand. THANK YOU.

SIDENOTE: i have been clean on and off before, longest i went was about 3 weeks though. SAD i know. Im not going to tell you my fucking life story, but im very good at rationalizing my bad behavior and that is the root cause of my addiction. I know this, and i want to quit, not just for me, but for everyone i genuinely love. I know im capable of alot more than what ive been doing, and on the outside, it may look as if i have attained some level of success, money and power wise..but i want to be clean and see how far i can go. It is difficult for me to think, intellectually,because of these fucking opiates, and that is another reason i want to quit because my ego is damn big that i will not let some pills get in the way of me achieving what i know im capable of.

It will take you a few weeks to feel well again. It will take many months to feel "normal." However, you will have the urge for the rest of your life. Just get off the benzos as soon as you can. Those can be just as bad. After you feel up to it, I suggest long walks in a natural setting. This can give you time to reflect. Good luck.

I was addicted to opiates for 8 years and have been clean for 4 years. I did a 21 day detox at an outpatient methadone clinic. So, obviously it took 21 days.

I am a firm believer that it is not just the physical addiction you are fighting, but the mental one as well. You have to be wanting to quit and stay off them or all your efforts will be in vein.

I did not start taking the opiates for recreation, I have chronic pain. The doctors had me convinced that the only way I was going to live a somewhat normal life was to be medicated. Then I ended up pregnant. I couldnt stop the norco, so I had a miscarrage. Thats when I realized OMG I am an addict. I went to rehab the next week. Haven't craved them one bit. In fact when I go to the doctors they are always offering to give me pain pills and I always refuse.

Its a choice you have to make and stick with it. I am not saying that it was pretty but I am glad I detoxed and am no longer a slave to the pharmacy.

Good Luck