Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Racist RISE

r0ad5t3r

Bluelighter
i have been told by many that rise has become a racist club with bouncers refusing entry to many asians with valid foto id..including australian passports, they then rudely tell u to leave..
i didnt take much notice of this until recently me and my gf were refused entry. upon presenting a valid australian passport the bouncers accused my gf of using a fake id.. the manager was also very rude.
out of the whole members line only the asians will get asked for ID why is this?
if anybody has experienced this or know of anybody who has..pls post ur grieviences here.. maybe we can do something about this!
thanks
------------------
..silence..

there was a hread about this in social at the start of the year i think, but this seems to be a specific club (not sure what city tho) so it probably warrants its own thread.
i think its a bit shit that anyone would get knocked back cos of their background. but on the other hand you must remember that differnt clubs, and different nights cater for different crowds. i'm not talking about asian nights and the sort, but moreso the music and stuff that gets played. i know if a person rocked up to teriyaki in leather shoes and collared shirt, they'd probably get knocked back, so perhaps its worthy to consider what sort of night this is, and whether thats hte problem? i know its a bitch, because having some dude on the door with big fuckoff attitude who wouldn't know good techno if it came in a bottle labelled 'steroids', doesn't exactly mean there is a good judge of 'whos right for that night'... also consider that bouncers never say to people 'sorry you can't come in, you don't fit in here' (this is NOT a racist comment by the way, i'm talking about all clubs in general) they have to find some bullshit reason to tell you to go away, the clubs full, members only, fake id, too drunk...
so yeah, if this is an isolated incident it might be good to look a bit further and not just assume its due to the background of the people being knocked back, however if it is happening as often as your saying, maybe ring the club or something and find out what the deal is, the manager might not even realise the bouncers are being such wankers....
$0.02c +B/Fee...
smile.gif

------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

thanks for ur interest people...
this club is in perth and its not an isolated incedent...
me and my friends have been knocked back many times by this club and i am a member of this club also...
the nite was just a sat nite normal club nite..no theme..
i know that clubs have the rite to refuse entry willy nilly but we were not drunk
we were well dressed we were with caucasion mates that got in no worries..
just me and my gf were knocked back, one of these mates of mine even had an ASIO security pass and vouched for my gf but still was knocked back..
this is not an isolated incident.
i also understand that certain ppl shouldnt be allowed into clubs because they are trouble makers and in perth this is the case as certain crowds of asians are reknowned to cause trouble...
does anybody know what actions i can take against the club.. they even accused my gf of using a fake passport.
this is just so wrong!
thanks

Just another incident at rise to make the news.
If you've seen tonights news or were arround james street on the weekend you might have heard about a guy getting his head smashed open. Now this was caused by the man getting kicked out of the club, reason for this is unknown to me, and then trying to force his way back in.
The bouncers then proceded to throw this man out onto the pavement outside rise. This act causing the mans head to get smashed open quite severely.
Worst thing being it took 3 hours before this was reported to anyone and now he is in hospital in a very bad way.
And convinently the security camera that is pointed straight at the spot where this happened was not recording for this exact moment in time. Little odd I think, clubs always have there cameras going on a saturday night just in case someone trys to pin something on the club or some such thing. Little odd that this tape has dissappeared. My paranoia makes me think theres probably more to this than we're being told.
If anyone knows anything more about this I'd be interested to know what really happened
[This message has been edited by Fry-d- (edited 20 August 2001).]

This isn't related to drugs, legal or drug health issues, so I'll transfer to Social.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.