Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do you get smacked out by pills?

CooLWorld

Bluelighter
thought ild start this thread after i read all the reports of people getting smacked out by the pink domes in perth and sitting on their ass all night. i had a pink dome in at mos and didnt find them smacky (i know bad word) at all, i dont think i sat down all night.
i was wondering if people tend to get smacked out by pills or not? and what factors you think determine this
i dont doubt that body size and the strength of the pill has something to do with it, but i think what one expects from the pill has alot to do with as well. ie i would never tell someone a pill will smack them out cos i reckon if they believe you it will regardless. thoughts?

oh yeah forgot to add - the more heroin in your pill the more smacky it is as well
smile.gif

bit of a broad question.. it depends whats in the pill...
very rarely heroin... very rarely.....
[This message has been edited by muzby (edited 17 August 2001).]

I can't tell if this is serious (and therefore stupid), or a total piss-take (and therefore kinda funny)... either way, I don't know how long this one's going to last...

ok wasant supposed to be a piss-take (much)
smile.gif
i guess the real question here is how some people never ever get smacked out by pills, no matter how much they have and some people always complain that pills are smacky?

I guess it's because drugs affect everyone differently. There are so many factors that make a difference that it's almost an impossible question to answer.
Also, while you've acknoledged that "smacky" is a bad term, you're not going to get the best response to this question wording it like that, because it automatically makes people annoyed before they even give the question a chance...

like i said... IT DEPENDS ON WHAT'S IN THE PILL AS TO WHAT IT WILL DO TO YOU...
have a read of the FAQ's...

ok i suppose maybe the question was worded at little badly, but putting that aside - i salvage this thread
smile.gif

what i am trying to say is that i think that peoples expectation/attitude towards e's is the main factor that determines whether they find a pill dancey or wether they are forced to sit on their ass all night.
maybe its just a case of motivation.. thoughts?
(im trying not to be too broad, and this thread is so going somewhere)
muzby - lets assume for arguments sake that everyones on the same pill, clean mdma only. i doubt that what im trying to discuss here has been covered in the faq, in any detail anyway
[This message has been edited by CooLWorld (edited 17 August 2001).]

OK, now I know what you're getting at I can answer the question better...
smile.gif

It all comes down to set and setting. Set meaning the users mindset at the time of taking the drug - their mental condition and mood in other words. Setting is the physical location and atmosphere of the drug use. This was a common term used by Timothy Leary in regards to acid, but applies to MDMA as well. Basically what it comes down to is the fact that with drugs like MDMA and especially LSD, you get out of it what you expect to get out of it. A lot of the "Set" involves your sub-concious thoughts and supressed feelings too, so therefore it is impossible to predict what will occur each time.
So why do people get "smacked out" all the time by pills... I don't know, it's still a tough question. But one theory could be that they are expecting to be smacked out...

thanks for all that, pleo. on ya!
i would have said something similar.
(had i gotten in here first!)

Do I get smacked out by pills?
(It's a broad term but I think I know where your coming from.) No, not generally....but I have
frown.gif

It was a transition from having (this is opinion) low quality pills to a high qual pills. It was a shock to my consciousness that I wasn't prepared for..
Everything was normal leading up to event, happy, hyped & ready to roll.
About hour into roll got heavy rushs, 2hours..eye wiggles & bizarre tunnel type vision and @3-4 hrs a "grogy" type feeling. Had a relatively long come down with a short spell of depression, that I had to make a concerted effort to work through.
But I taught myself a lesson & hasn't happened since
smile.gif

I guess my lesson was that if your not enjoying your rolls then why are you taking E? Sounds simple but sometimes we can be our own worst enemy.
P.L.U.R

The solution to this is often quite simple... Space out your dosage. Don't dump pills whole, or even in halves if they are strong and you do not have a reasonable idea of your limits. Taking pills in quaters separated by successive hours is good if you are dealing with a large ammount of MDMA. It lessens the intensity of the experience, but draws it out over a longer period. Usually this will negate the "smacky" (gah, hate that term) effect. Other factors in addition to set/setting can include the content of the pill. MDEA is a similar structural compound to MDMA, tests identical on reagent E-testers, yet has a more stoning and less euphoric effect. This could be the cause, although the abscence of proper lab testing of pills makes this mere speculation. My suspicion is that the overwhelming immobilising effects of pills are most likely tied to the size of the immediate dose, and set/setting.
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

*growls*
You're lucky I didn't get here first...
Since you seem pretty decent CoolWorld, I'm just gonna say please don't use the term 'smacky' and I'll hopefully be able to leave it at that...
As for your question, yep, it's been answered well here, plus in many previous threads which you'll find if you do a search for 'set and setting'
Enjoy!

ive gone one step further and found a couple tarsy.
set and setting
setting.
And now I think this post can lay to rest. Please be more clearer with your questions otherwise the bluelight brigade will go nutz
wink.gif

-----------------
THIS PLOT MAKES NO SENSE! TELL EVERYONE!