• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Acid flashbacks

Yah my b/f has, said it felt weird - think it freaked him out a bit. Said it felt exactly how it was being on a trip, almost like he waz back in that state but only lasted a few seconds or something.
wink.gif

The myth of the “lingering molecule” of LSD was given support by the Drug Enforcement Administration at a two day meeting in San Francisco, in late 1991. The DEA invited some 200 participants from law enforcement groups (both domestic and foreign) to share information concerning LSD. The law enforcement agents were told that not only was the storage location known (the frontal lobes of the brain) but also the length of time it stayed there (up to twenty years).
“The evidence is all about us,” they were told. “The indiscriminate use of LSD in the Summer of Love (in the 1960s) has led directly, through the re-release of these hidden-away molecules and the resulting flashbacks, to the hordes of the homeless, the psychotic, and the disenfranchised here on the streets of San Francisco.”
The flashback phenomenon with LSD is rare but real. An auditory or visual clue can bring back a passing memory of an earlier experience. The residue of any tangible quantity of the chemical itself, in the brain or blood of the user after 24 hours, is, however, total nonsense.
-- Dr. Shulgin
http://www.alchemind.org/shulgin/adsarchive/lsdflashbacks.htm
in other words, flashbacks do happen, but they just a psychological phenomenom, NOT a physiological one. any majorly traumatic experience can cause flashbacks, from a car crash, to a rape, to being shot at or seeing the virgin mary.
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 16 August 2001).]

hehehe that's funny cause my b/f waz in the kitchen at the time makin tea...ha! looks like he finds that traumatic - so traumatic it caused his flashback...

um i'm not sure you understand, so i'll just clarify what i meant.
a traumatic experience does not cause the flashback itself. you're mixing up cause and effect.
an experience that the mind feels is particularly intense, such as an acid experience or a car crash, can imprint itself on the mind. this feeling can be thrown back up by the mind at anytime, and usually at a time that may seem completely unrelated to the original experience, such as making a cup of tea.
the trigger is seldom something that makes sense, as its usually a vey subconcious thing.

as strange and bizarre as this sounds.. an episode of the simpsons caused a flashback for me..

What exactly are these acid flashbacks 'sposed to be?
Are you all of a sudden feeling as if you were on LSD? For how long?
As a person whom has only had a moderate dose of LSD as the most at one time (say 500 micrograms). The effects of acid have never been great enough to reliably state whether any sudden strange or 'trippy' feelings I've had could be called flashbacks.
I've once felt similar to when I had mescaline but that was short lived and I was sick and very under rested at the time. And it was a passing resembelance to the effects not the same experience.
I've never quite understood the idea of flashbacks and do not know anyone to have had them personally. Any reports I've seen about them seem to involve fairly major hallucinations aswell, though again I've not known anyone to really experience such full on hallucinations from LSD or Psilocybin.
It makes sense that chemically some substances 'COULD' leave a minor permanent change in the brain that 'COULD' occur again however to what extent they made a difference originally or later (in flashback) could be questioned in many cases.
I'm not a disbeliever, I just would like to hear something that made good sense.
Three cheers to anyone who's had them for real! I wanna trip for free too Ü.

*nods*
500mikes would definately be enough to leave an "imprint" in your psyche. That's a lotta acid.

I've had an acid flashback once about 5 years ago and it's not something i want to ever experience again.
I was smoking cones at my friends house and i can't really descibe what happened because it's still confusing to me. All i know is that i looked up at my friend and she was laughing and the next thing i know i flashbacked to a trip i had about a month previously. My friend was laughing because ahe was experiencing the same thing. We'd both had that trip together.
shtonkalot trust me you don't want to trip for free. The thing is with our flashback is that the trip was not at all enjoyable. We'd taken it at our yr 12 afterparty with about 4 other people and we all lost the plot bigtime. I don't even remember half the nite. Very Very Scary!!!!!
We flahbacked for about 1/2 hour and we didn't tell any of the friends we were with what was happening. We just sat there and tried to get control of the situation. I wasn't hallucinating as such but i was tripping off my head. Ever since then i've never been able to look at cones the same.
The weird thing is that i've also had a few dreams where i've flashbacked to that trip too. Hasn't happened in about 4 years though.
I know this isn't a very clear explanation of what happened but it's quite hard to explain but beleive me flashbacks do happen.