Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The "half life" of ECSTACY... ?

NHL Guy

Bluelighter
Does anyone know what this is?
I have read somewhere that after ingestion MDMA has a 'half life' in your system of around 6hrs.. meaning that in six hours time half of the peak level of MDMA is present, 6hrs after that this amount is halved yet again 6hrs after that... and so forth until it disappears...
I have a friend who is one my funky dropping buddies and we usually go out to big events together and get *VERY MESSY*... but unfortunately he has started a new job since the last time we dropped together (utopia12@superdome)NOW we are all trying desperately to persuade him to come to UTOPIA13 with us in Sep but he refuses to come again for the following reason:
The locksmith/security company he works for now allegedly perform random drug tests on its employees (which usually fall on Mondays)
IS THIS TOO SOON AFTER PILLING TO HAVE A DRUG TEST PERFORMED...???
Now, I dont know, but I'm personally prone to think it this is not legal as my mate hasnt signed anything saying he will allow this as a condition of his employment, (this was introduced shortly after he accepted employment with the company.)
So there are two questions here onr about the drug levels in your body and the one about the legality of drug tests that are not approved by employees...
(all this is assuming that they spring one of these tests on the following monday AT ALL....)

Dunno about the legality of the tests but MDMA can be detected in your system 36-72 hours after ingestion.
There are HEAPS of "I might have a drug test coming, how long does ***** stay in your system" questions on Other Drugs and Medical Q&A
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

umm, he's got the right to refuse the drug test - but then his employer also has the right to fire him for (insert reason here). While it's not entirely clear whether he is required to submit to drug tests, it would be another reason given for termination if he did anyway (ie: turned up 5 minutes late on two consecutive occassions)
If he's real worried then his best bet is to get the monday off anyway. I would think the extra day would cover him pretty well. Not exactly sure of the total time till it's removed from your system - but it will be somewhere.

Ahh... Ingest plently of water and Vit C. Its not foolproof, but beggars cant be choosers. Steer clear of any of the proposed 'detox' formulas, the general consensus from everybody educated I know is that they are a crock.

...and as usual the local "air heads" throw in their obligitory "Please search for this shit before you ask" comment..
*sigh*
wazza: Though it may be difficult for you to believe , I'm well aware of the "search" button.. ..(for some reason its not functioning for me, and its only for ppl like you that I feel the need to add this as a disclaimer at the bottom of the post)
I sit and wait eagerly for some unsuspecting greenlighter to post "What is 5HTP?" and watch what pearls of wisdom you choose to leave behind... ..for fucks sake.
This is a Discussion Forum NOT a Library, so go find someone else to patronise you righteous dick. ...and preferably, dont do it here...
Thanks for those who actually HAVE something of value and intelligence to add to this conversation...
Im pretty much staying with the up to 72hrs thing hey.. Its probly 48 but I'll tell him the 72 just to be on the safe side..
I was thinking the same thing.. if he exercices his right(?) to refuse a drug test then he is making himself look like he'd test positive anyway in effect...
[This message has been edited by #K9# (edited 15 August 2001).]
[This message has been edited by #K9# (edited 15 August 2001).]

And rember to tell your friend that the Monday is a public holiday so, he might get awaya with it.

#K9# : sorry you took offence to what I posted. Want to let bygons be bygons?
I apologize for upsetting you.

...and as usual the local "air heads" throw in their obligitory "Please search for this shit before you ask" comment... go find someone else to patronise you righteous dick
Uhh, who is being self righteous here? Come on, show a little maturity. Wazza gave you a useful link, and you insult him like a spoilt child! So what if he pointed you to the search button aswell? There is no need for such attitude. I admire his charachter in giving you an apology... You wouldn't have got one from me.

6hrs after that this amount is halved yet again 6hrs after that... and so forth until it disappears
---------
Just to clarify something.
It will never actualy completely disappear just become so small amount that it is untracable to any current tests after a while.
And it can be picked up ages afterwards by a blood test. (class A blood test?)
I wonder if it would be possible for scientist sometime in the future to develop a test for MDMA to test if a person has ever had it?
Its possible in theory

I was reading a while ago how many drugs can be picked up through hair samples. Not sure of the exacts, but it was pretty much detectable since the last time you cut your hair (which is damn long in my case
frown.gif
). But i presume that in a workplace situation the most likely drug test would be a urine test which would clear up much more quickly.

With the half life (taken from "Drugs of Abuse" by Simon Wills, pg 69)
Pharmacokinetics
The average half-life of ecstasy is 7.6 hours. Approximately two-thirds of the dose is eliminated unchanged in the urine. About 7% of a dose is excreted as MDA which is also psychoactive.
2/3 dosage "eliminated unchanged in the urine"? You know what you should be drinking instead of that water
wink.gif

#K9# - I would be advising your mate to find somewhere else to work....Fuck companys that drug test..What r they trying to prove...'Hey this guy has smoked pot in the last 6 weeks..Lets fire the sucker' Jeeez whats the world coming too...grrrrrggggg
NB: Although #k9# response to wazza's post was bit harsh.I've noticed on number of occasions that wazza has been jumping the Gun a little...Please think before yah post..
and post accurate info not assumptions or hearsay..
Cheers
BCR

I would not advise you to encourage your friend to attend this event, for the possibility that you directly contribute to him being fired.

Jakoz: re - MDMA in urine - Don't go there.... don't say I didn't warn you...
BT
wink.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

There are three basic types of drug testing:
COMPULSORY: everyone who starts with a company is tested post interview stage, prior to being offered job
CAUSE: in relation to suspicion of use, usually due to an accident/incident
RANDOM: arbitrary and at the discretion of the employer.
Compulsory testing after interview stage is increasingly common in Australia, and there is nothing you can do about it. Want the job, do the test.
The others refer to employees already under contract, and again, there is little you can do about these. The employer has established these rules (presumably in consultation with union or employee groups) and as a current employee you are bound to the reasonable instruction of your employer, regardless of what you interpreted as the terms and conditions at time of signing contract.

someone told me once to drink lots and lots of orange juice, that might not work but its worth a shot

It's perfectly normal to be tested for drugs, and there are some industries where it is paramount the employees are tested (eg pilots, police, surgeons), although sometimes a line is crossed, as IMHO what you do on your own time is none of the company's business.
If you friend knows he is getting drug tested, is it really that important he go and get mashed a few days before and risk his job. Remember, future employers are going to want to know why you were fired... failing a drug test doesn't get you promoted.
If you want to "dilute" your urine to get the chemicals out, drink shitloads of water (nothing too silly though), dose up on vitamins, and the night before the test eat a big steak. The steak is to keep you creatine and protein levels up in the blood, because they are tested for to find dilution. DO NOT attempt to use shitty net "solutions" or put something in your sample... testers are not stupid.
And K9... grow up.

Thank fuck I work as a web developer and don't have to put up with drug testing bullshit...
Can see the reason for testing in the security industry though.
One word of advice for your friend, this will not be the last weekend he is faced with this decision so he should either get a new job or stop dropping.
The last thing you would ever want is to be terminated from employment due to failing a drug test... NOT A GOOD LOOK !!!!