• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Aniracetam - just how insoluble is "insoluble"? (Testing method?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodor

Bluelighter
Hopefully this is the right forum to post this in:
I recently ordered some Aniracetam pills off of Ebay (yeah, probably stupid in hindsight, but it was a source inside the EU and it came pre-packaged in caps, plus the guy had a pretty good feedback rating), and after not noticing any effect after taking them with milk and fish oil caps, I kind of had my doubts - so I decided to dump the content of a single cap into a glass of water, stirred it, and despite its supposed water-insolubility, it seemed to dissolve fairly quickly.

Does that mean I've been scammed? Or does the racetam merely form very fine droplets (although 750 mg in a 100 ml cup should be pretty cloudy, right?). For what it's worth, the solution (suspension? emulsion?) had a slightly nutty taste.

I kind of had high hopes for racetams - although my life has improved *dramatically* in the past few years, I am beginning to develop an increasing tolerance to the one med that has been instrumental in this improvement, Ritalin (in addition to years of therapy, of course), so I was very much interested in an alternative option for increasing my motivation for goal-directed behaviours (an "unfortunate" consequence of actually having a social and professional life is that there's a whole lot of stuff do to with the same amount of Vitamin R that is at the same time losing its effectiveness).

Enough of my ramblings - is there any way of actually verifying you're getting the "real deal"? Are there legit European suppliers of Racetams in cap form? (you don't have to post links if that's against the rules, obviously)

There are legit suppliers, though I'm not sure about mentioning sources on here.

Aniracetam should definitely not dissolve in water, it will float and form a 'skin' on top.

Best way to test on your own is either to dissolve it or get an oven thermostat and see if it melts at the correct rated temperature.

Theres no way for us to tell you what that was... the only way to be sure of whats in it is to test it. Yes of course there are legit suppliers somewhere, but we wont be able to tell you how to get in touch with them, so I dont see where else this thread could go...

Good luck in finding what you are looking for!

Status
Not open for further replies.