• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Strobe light vision - when there's no strobe light.

entropope

Bluelighter
not referring to nystagmus (eye wiggles) when pilling either.
I'm talking things happening in bits, like when you're in a place whot has a strobe light going. A friend of mine has said that this happens to a lot of people when they're on speed. Not me! Anyways it happens to her occaisionally while she straight. She doesn't belt it too hard, once or twice a week kind of thing. I'm curious as to the cause of this.
She works with her GP so she can't really ask him, and I'm just trying to get a few details before she goes to a different GP to get it checked out. She's no more than curious about it so I dont' think she'll actually get it looked by a GP.

i get this occasionaly
but i relate it back to a ket experience i had when i was young. sorta like brain stutters?
anyhow if you get anymore info on her gp's advice do tell.

phosgenes(not sure of the spelling) can do some pretty awesome stuff; varying from just light interference to fully stuttering white outs.
not everyone experiences them. i do, mine are like little white lights buzzing around my entire field of view.
JJJs DR Karl can enlighten you on this one.

I had a cap where everything just blipped out over and over again. Not like passing out though - just went black. Was very pleasant and trippy.
------------------
Empathy. Grace.
[This message has been edited by andieman (edited 14 August 2001).]

I used to get something similar from low blood pressure. Esspecially when i woke up in the morning. Mine was more like i was drunk my vision would jump one meter to the left, then the right, etc.
it was due to lack of eating. methinks.

I some times get twinges similar to the ones you described and i believe it is a form of
visual stimulus epilepsy (nothing to worry about,it occurs in millions of unsuspecting people until one day they notice it) and often doesnt progress.
The following info is from: http://science-education.nih.gov/nihHTML/ose/snapshots/multimedia/ritn/Video/
A 17-year-old girl falls to the floor. She was playing the video game Dark Warrior. Her father, who fixes video players, feared that she has been electrocuted. For years, the girl has fanatically played one game after
another in her dad's shop; nothing like this has happened before. The girl is rushed to the hospital where the doctors determine that she has had an epileptic seizure--they call it Dark Warrior Epilepsy. There was an unusual bright flashing sequence in the game that seems to have set her off (1).
Video game seizures and television-induced seizures occur in people who have heightened sensitivity to pulsing light (6). It is
not uncommon for this so-called photosensitivity to run in families.
Supposedly some visual stimulus can trigger
different reactions in different people.