Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Article regarding legalisation of drugs

dancingboygg

Bluelighter
In today's Australian Financial Review there's an extract from an article in The Economist entitled;
"A legal market is the best way to control drugs"
Thought some Blulighter's might be interested to read it. Hope this is the right forum to post it in
smile.gif

The article reads;
"And how, if drugs were legal, might they be distributed? The thought of heroin on supermarket shelves understandably adds to the terror of the prospect.
Just as legal drugs are available through different channels - caffeine from any cafe, alcohol with proof of age, Prozac on prescription - so drugs that are now illegal might be distributed in different ways, based on knowledge about their potential for harm.
Moreover, different coutries should experiment with different solutions: many are now bound by a UN convention that hampers even the most modest moves towards liberalisation.
To legalise will not be easy. Drug-taking entails risks, and societies are increasingly risk-averse. But the role of government should be to prevent the most chaotic drug-users from harming others and to regulate drug markets to ensure minimum quality and safe distribution.
The first task is hard if law enforcers are preoccupied with stopping all drug use; the second, impossible while drugs are illegal. A legal market is the best guarantee that drug-taking will be no more dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. And, just as countries rightly tolerate those two vices, so they should tolerate those who sell and take drugs."

But think about all the poor out of work drug dealers.
YIPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
Damn you scum dealers to hell!! living off the misery of heroin addicts.
I can only dream of the day. Expect the down side might be having to drop about 4 or 5 pills at once to get the same effect that we do now. Don't you think?
Still it would be clean and safe drugs so i could live with that.

As soon as I saw the article this morning, i thought it was a joke.
but then i read it and realized my god someone is thinking out there and someone maybe realises that the drug problems we have at the moment, it is ludicrious to believe that we can have zero tolerence in this society.
Wonder what would happen if there was a zero tolerance on alcohol ? Look at what happened with prohibition...
------------------

So simply put the government want to get in on this drug dealling racket because as they see it if someones making money off drugs why isnt it them.
Seeems to be an awful lot about drugs in the media of late, well I know in Perth for sure. Been at least a few pages in the west everyday this week. Be interesting to see what next weeks drug summit digs up.

its the second biggest industry in the world..
australians spend more money every year on pot than they do on wine..
a few things the general public wouldnt think of