Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Steve Price (Herald-Scum) does it again

lsd303

Bluelighter
As the title says, once again Steve Price has come out with some insightful information about minimising the risks of drug use in the Herald-Sun.
While not quite as ridiculous as the article I posted in here a week or two ago (therefore it's not worth putting the whole text up in here), he still managed to come out with one comment that really got my back up:
Regarding Melbourne: "There are even reports of some clubs having testing facilities for ecstacy. Buy your tablet and make sure it's OK to take. Wouldn't want to have clubbers collapsing on the floor after ingesting ecstacy cut with heroin and other cutting agents, would we?"
[sighs].. truly an enlightened soul..
(full article is on page 19 of today's edition [8/8/01] if anyone could be bothered)
------------------
Today a young man on acid realised that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration... that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively - there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves.. here's Tom with the weather!
[This message has been edited by lsd303 (edited 08 August 2001).]

hey, awesome!
free pill testing. I can't wait for sydney clubs to get this!
*rolls eyes*

In my experience, I've found if you don't read his articals and don't listen to his radio show then you're less likely to be pissed off...
Seriously, there is not a thing on this planet that I respect less than the opinion of this self proclaimed genius (Christopher Skase included). Just don't read his shit, because you know in advance it's going to be exactly that - shit.

^^^^
Don't forget Stan Zemanek and his brainless hoes... Or the king of far right shock jock jounalism: Andrew Bolt!
Why the fuck would you buy that paper anyway?

and please, no one be stupid enuf to write/ring in and correct him ok? we dont need the attention right now...

hats off to you lsd- not just for your eye to spot a complete imbocile but also for your signature.
i wouldn't think a lot of tool fans would roam around this site- more adapt to seeing them in the jung site or anal sex site (ha ha).
anyways keep bringing down the government
------------------
quick man, kick me in the junk

What a tossa.
Oh well, he has NO idea how many people read his shit and laugh at him. He thinks he a journo when he's the fucking joke of half the country!!!
smile.gif
His life punishment for being a wanka is looking in the mirror every morning and realising he is a wanke
smile.gif

Pleo..
The "if you don't like his shit then don't read/listen to it" argument is fair enough, and it's something I hear a lot from friends when I'm grizzling about the latest crap the HS has published. However, I make a point of reading 'news' like this because I like to see what those most scary of creatures, the 'general public' are thinking.. always good to know your enemy
wink.gif

i dont think he realises that he is a wanka... but he'll die and be sent to hell, then he'll realise..
smile.gif

------------------
the secret to success is clean underwear and a good top hat

lsd303, you make a good point... But journalists (and I use that term in loosest manner possible) of his calibre rely on inflaming opinions and pissing people off to sell newspapers. If people ignore him, he will fade into oblivion... Remember, he needs us. Buy that paper, and you are feeding him.

Good point... I was only saying I don't read the stuff by the "shock jocks" because I already know what they're saying - I've read it too many times before...
smile.gif

If a new "journalist" were to write the same piece, then I'd read it to see what they were on about... but people like Price don't change, and neither will his opinions...

the problem isn't those of us who read him and laugh at him, it's those in the street and those of our parents who read him and don't.
i dunno how many of you studied English seriously, but nearly every article this evil pigfucking haemmoroid writes is so full of skewed information (that's the whole HS nowdays)...i'm actually so pissed off at this i'm forgetting all the tech terms for his tricks.
Anyway, he says what he wants and he doesn't have to back up the facts 'cos it's an opinion peice. And BECAUSE of that shit any value of it is lost because the credulous believe him without knowing the facts and those who think dismiss it as crap.
Lets not forget the important thing in the article was about spiked drinks and rape. Even tho the unnamed venues are places me or mine would pro'lly not hang at it's a fucking disturbing trend. Even if those statistics quoted by shithole were made up it's not a topic that we should ignore.
(true note from bouncer mate; month or so he had to restrain a 60 year old woman at a birthday held in a (open to public) nightclub. Her drink had been spiked and she was commited for observation. One time his girlfriend visiting him at work also had her drink spiked, luckily she figured out what was happening and had him on call. Guy who did it was a regular at the venue.)
sorry for the rant, but that bloodfarting pus-ridden dickmuncher really gets to me...
going to chill out with violent video games...
and HS paper hat bonfires...

I read this too, although it's pretty normal for such a mainstream journalist to be writing this mis information and linking it automatically with spiking drinks and attacking women.
As a chick, I would rather pop pills than worry about someone slipping something into my glass and be taken somewhere and raped or worse.
That's my 2 cents anyway