Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Robitussin DX, I just drank a bottle.

shtonkalot

Bluelighter
DXM in pills? hah! I just drank mine from the bottle.
Whats this post about?
Not sure myself I'm feeling quite weird.
Just noting my first DXM experience.
This stuff really does the the trick, even though I'm still not sure what the trick is.
Still have to fill out the census.
I am certainly enjoying the experience but it isn't fun.
Don't mix this stuff with E, it is written.
No real insight or information for anyone but comments about dxm may be interesting now.
I have the itch.

Wheres my bottle?
smile.gif

how many ml was that; and the dilution; and other active ingredients.....
there's much to consider before your "robitussin russhin" (cocktail version with cola.)
feelin' queezy?
[This message has been edited by eddi spgeddi (edited 07 August 2001).]

30 mg per 10 mL x 200 mL = 600 mg
Robitussin DX has only DXM as the active ingredient.

different thing bigboy. shtonk, thats quite a dose for yer first robotrip. considering this is apaprently a harm minimisation site, i'd have to go so far as to say that 600mg is almost stupid. according to the erowid dosage guide this is between a strong and heavy dose. according to my use and experience, this is about twice as what i am currently comfortable with. however, due to the facts tha you wrote the above post and were still feeling good, i would say that the rest of your trip shuold be fine. if dxm aint for you (which for the majority of people it often isn't) then you would know it from when it kicks.
still, let us know how you go dude. for anyone who is now reading this and considering doing it, please read the above erowid link, read that faq (very good faq, and do a search for previous DXM discussions (which there have been quite a few good ones)
while this can be a fun drug, it isn't one to be fucked with...
------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

Bigboy: DXM is a drug called dextromethorphan hydrobromide. DMX is a rapper.
Shtonkalot: How did you go? I'm guessing that with a 600mg first DXM experience you've learnt a lot... please tell us about it when you feel up to it.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I just got this mental picture of us all sitting around shtonkalot with note pads...waiting to take notes.. heh
smile.gif

yeah. I would like to know how it went!!

It lives!
Well, what an interesting night that was.
Over all I found it a most enjoyable experience. I'm finding it hard to express exactly what is was like. I felt fairly drowsy for a couple of hours, similar to beeing drunk in some ways.
I am a proficient juggler (I think) and about 2 hours into the trip (trip?) I tried to juggle. I was fairly 'mechanical' but lacking control. I can usually juggle with my eyes closed, literally but last night I was dropping my balls whilst trying to concentrate on them.
I felt a bit mechanical in my movement in other ways too.
It seemed hard to get to doing things and slowed and stuttered when I did. Typing was slow and 'click -pause- click' style.
sight was focused, but on one thing with more depth between the things around it.
I got damn itchy shoulders and scratched excessivly, no bleeding but red shoulders today, I could and eventually did stop myself from scratching even with the itch.
One thing I should mention is that I have ADHD and VERY low dopamine levels, even compared to other ADHD people. I had no ritalin yesterday (that's my meds) before taking the Robitussin DX.
I am planning to do this again and quite possibly at a dose of around 1000mg. I feel confident that this isn't to risky and as I quite enjoyed last nights experience.
As pointed out before (by others) the dose I had (600 mg) is seen to be fairly high. Definately look up erowid and maybe lycaeum before contemplating this yourself. Be sure to do what you feel safe, and I believe it's important to have a sitter when trying anything new. I did.
O.K my question now: Any other aussie brands of dxm known? I have found two other brands that ony have dxm as an active ingredient but they contained sorbitol, which can be laxative like in decent doses.
Any 'clean' (hehe) brands available?

Shonk!! How good is DXM - luv the stuff - but my dosage normally doesnt extend 60 mls!
*Mental note - when off break go high dosage*
Robotussin DX is the only one which is "clean" of any other ingredients it is also the only one that has a high mg/ml - no other brand has 30mg/10ml
So ROBOTUSSIN DX ppls if you wanna Robotrip! Watchout for the others coz they have other stuff in them which will make you feel horrible if you drink a decent amount!
------------------
No act is evil if you do it with a smile!

shtonk...there is a brand of duro-tuss which has DXM in it, but i think its very hard to find now. it also had pseudo in it, andwas the one that got me fired up on the whole dxm thing...now there are still alternatives. last time i tripped i had nucosef DM, it comes in a little bottle, and is buttersctoch flavoured. i'm not sure of the exact concentration, but i know one bottle got be pretty fucked at sunny the other week. i would say tho, that it effected me differently to Robi, dunno if this was the different mixture, or other stuff i had that night (btw, don't have coke on dxm, baddddd..) but due to the fact its a medical thing, i think dxm is dxm.
in terms of price, robi is still a lot cheaper, but the nuco is much more party friendly, cos a little bottle is basically a 200ml dose. it tastes quite good (like buttersctoch schnapps) and you don't needa measuring cup if your having 200,400, or 600mg dose. but yah...i think its a bit more expensive....
glad you had fun...
smile.gif

but yah, as you said, if anyone wants to do this, check erowid, not everyone enjoys it...
------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

Another good site is RFG's http://www.rfgdxm.f2s.com/ and RFG is always willing to answer any questions you might have.
Instead of drinking cough mixture, I personally recommend buying some Dextromethorphan hydrobromide. It's cheap as shit and perfectly legal.
------------------
And the Mission is the Mouse...

hmmmmm..........DXM
it is a rather strange and yet fun, yet still dangerous thing to do
i am the resident canb dxm freak as the canb bl know
------------------
the consciouness of self is the greatest hinderance to the correct execution of any physical action... u dont exist therefore there are no boundaries or limits

but yeah two thumbs up for dxm...man i cant believe schtonk had 600mg! I had one of the most unbelievable dxm experiences wednesday night off 450-500mg
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 10 August 2001).]

What effects are others getting from dxm?
It was certainly interesting but I wouldn't claim it to be as amazing as say low dose LSD.
Am I missing something?

Robitussin was a weird sort of experience. Made me feel as if time did not exist.
The main fallback I and two others who also went it with me was that it gives you the biggest flip flops in the guts and you feel like you have to shit so you go to the shitter and all that basically comes out are huge mother fuckin farts and a bit of water.
This was quite annoying as your arse can get potentially sore. It would be interesting to know that maybe the gut aches are due to the other ingredient in Robitussin which is Guifemessin an expectorant which is supposed to loosen up phlegm in your lungs (when used for its real purpose). Straight DXM may be ok for me but not really interested in drinking a bottle of medicine to sit on the shitter for the night. Have access to anything I want, so why bother.????????

Robitussin DX has no Guaifenesin whatsoever.
Guess research into product pays off in the end... get it Ü