Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

*What has XTC done (or not done) for you?*

B

blufluffybunny

What has changed in your life by taking pills?
I ask this because (as I have said in another thread here somewhere) that a lot of things have changed for the better for me. I used to be a very aggressive person. I like think I was a nice guy, but would fight at the drop of a hat, never picking fights but jumping into them whenever I had the opportunity. But after I started taking pills about 5 yrs ago, I am now that LAST person to fight. Not afraid to, but would rather have fun and talk things out... now I look at the bright side of life. I walk around with a smile.
And I also used to have a lot of trouble talking to people (especially gals) but now I don't have a problem. I put this down to the whole 'talk to strangers all night' when your on the pills. I Don't drink much anymore, never get pissed like I used to (hand in hand with the fighting)....
So I guess I have to thank pills for making me a better person.
*anyone else*
smile.gif

------------------
Before you give someone a peice of your mind, make sure you can get along with what you have left :)

there are heaps of good things. but i just want to point out the bad.
1. i'm bored too easily. i don't do any of the things i used to do - because the just arn't exciting enough. i used to love watching films, but i just don't seem have the want there anymore.
2. im sick all the time. i hate winter and clubbing in winter sucks arse.i call it "clubber's cough". i accept it, because its worth it.
3.i've met some of the best people, but i've also met the dodgiest. i've learnt to choose very carefully when u let ur clubbing friends become ur real friends.
4.i seem to rarely be happy with where i'm at - always looking at what's happening next, constantly on the go.
alot of this stuff has to do with another aspect in my life that i have ignored, but its also the effects of my constant party lifestyle.
i'm taking the correct steps, to make e sacred and only smthing that is revered and exciting to look forward to.
i'm cutting down from every week to ... hmm seriously not sure, maybe every 2 months? i'm still going to go out, just not as much and not always using drugs. there is a fine line b/t use and abuse, and i've admitted to myself that i started to abuse. have u?
cheers, ll

I have had my moments where my pilling has gone too far. But I have ALWAYS known when to stop and take a break. I have always dont the right things to minimise harm or damage.
That's the way I keep it special. It's like.. McDonalds is kewl, but everyday you soon get sick and tired of it, it holds no more 'special occasion' feel to it.
But that's kinda getting off the subject eh!
smile.gif
Good to see your doing the right thing by cutting down or havin a break!
smile.gif

Not meaning to sound off on my own trumpet here, but i think i am a pretty nice guy to start with. But pills have made me even more tolerant and non-judgemental.
Also, i made one very good friend becos of pilling. I previously thought that he was a little bit of a dick, but after a while i came to realise that he was a a true friend.
Going into details would be too much, but from that episode in my life, it strengthed an existing friendship and created another one.
And there 2 friendships are here to stay.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Pilling has done more good for me than bad. It's exactly like you blufluffybunny, I could never hold a coversation but now I can. It gave me the confidence to be able to do what ever I want. I know look at everything and think "This is my world and my life, I can do anything if I try". Things just seem to be getting better and better for me so I guess I have to say a big thanks to Mr.MDMA.
smile.gif

The only down side is that I always have to have a pill when I go out, so the only way to have a break is to stay home. Kinda sux sometimes.

ooooooh.. =K9= gets deep....
smile.gif

If youre actually interested in this topic i put a rather large post on the Spirituality and Philosophy Board last month... I believe it was called:
"MDMA helping to heal emotional distances."
I was a good chance for me to express what and why things had changed inmy life since pilling... emphasis on the good of course but still worth a read if you want to know more about the weird person that is, most assuredly, me.

I didn't want to post a new topic on relatively the same topic..So i'm BUMPing this one and throwing in my own question..
Cheers BFB
smile.gif

How many people have lost or found spirituality since using MDMA?
And how have you adapted/suffered this change??
smile.gif

I wouldnt say pills have changed my life a lot but that combined with a few other things I think has helped change me into what i am now.
I used to be a shy, nervous and introverted person. I still am. But not near as much. I finally feel like myself. I can express myself, wear what I want. Talk to people without worrying too much. The biggest thing its done is brought me so much closer to my friends that I have pilled with. Afterwards its like you have a different connection with them.
anyway, pills have had no negative effects on my life.

no change in my approach to spirituality, sorry.
but my MDMA experiences have given me more confidence with other people, more self-worth, more patience, more understanding of alternative viewpoints, less tolerance of narrowminded people, and i think it has internalised my locus of control. in other words, i feel more in control of things that affect my life. things will always happen that are outside my control, but i think i'm now better equipped to deal with negative events positively. i think i appreciate my friends more, and i make new friends more easily. i was never a fighter, and now i don't think i ever will be.
i feel more focused and driven than before. i (mostly) have a positive outlook on a world which could easily seem bleak and overwhelming. basically, i think MDMA has made me a much more rounded, happy person
smile.gif
although it must be said that i've had other life-changing experiences this year (it's been one hell of a year!), and they could certainly have contributed to my new outlook.
the downside? i've made sure not to overdo it. only once or twice have i had less than a month between MDMA use, and after those times i've had longer breaks. i've seen how easy it is to get caught up in it all, not so much the drugs, but the "scene". i think the best solution is to step back and realise what's important to you in "real" life. i think that's why i haven't yet experienced much of the darkside of MDMA.
so yeah, i would have to say that trying MDMA has been a good thing for me.

LAZY LICKER, everything you wrote in your post is me down to a T! I am exactly the same. I go out every single weekend and have been since i started 8 months or so ago, i pill or have whizz every single weekend and i love it. Nothing now i used to do seems fun which i don't like. But i have met alot of great people and had a lot of fun. I too admit i have abused and have a problem with it, i always say i won't go out this weekend, but last minute i do. It all has it's good and bad points. :p
------------------
What's the difference between fantasy and reality?

We are very social animals but modern life is teaching us more and more to be insular creatures.
Telephone, TV, Internet all let us commune in a remote sense. Many people when confronted with one-on-one interaction no longer know how to cope,
Dance parties and "gettting on it" is one of the few chances I get to truly interface with people I share things in common with.
and because MDMA increases empathy I have been privvy to some astonishing "truth serum" sessions which come straight from the heart.
It's therapy Jim...
Getting on it has also got me back to the gym, eating the good food and reinforced that I only get back what I put in.
There is a seedy side to it but it seems to me that only really happens when the drugs become more important than the people. Plus the fact that it's illegal and that can attract scum-bags...
There's nothing that feels like that moment when I'm at an outdoor party/doof/rave and the drugs have worn off, the sun is rising and I look round at all those strangers and they look me right in the eye and smile, smile, smile...
------------------
only users lose drugs

Definite positive change! My life has changed from 2nd gear to fourth in the space of a year. The people I've met, the inspiration its given me, and the confidence.
2nd gear was, Uni drop-out, drinking & getting stoned every other day, travelling to the UK, doing the same shite, finding MDMA...
Whoosh, back into Uni (parttime, and a much better one), working in my field (fulltime), partying every weekend still, saving money for more travel, more interest in the world, exercise, eating well, wicked man! LG
It's sacred to me, like a religion almost. Goin to a club and dancing like a maniac, meeting new people, getting it all off your chest. Just what the soul needs!
------------------
You want to know how to get over fear? Do something that scares the s#*t out of you. You wont be afraid next time.

for me i think it's a lot more subtle... it showed me that there is so much to smile and be happy about, but i have to choose to take that, it isn't going to magically make me happy when i'm sad. like when i'm driving to uni (some morning i have to get up pretty damn early) i love winding down the window to let the cold air and warm sun in and listening to some good chill music... man that makes me smile like an idiot when i let it
smile.gif
) the other drivers think i must be on drugs to be that happy.
PS i thought i got away with easy comedowns
frown.gif
waaaaah... i fell down so fast right there at (am i allowed to say?) after a pink omega (my third (not that night! third pill ever)). is that normal?
------------------
"Work like you don't need the money, Love like you've never been hurt, Dance like nobody's watching."
[This message has been edited by Shmuffle (edited 01 November 2001).]

Pills/drugs haven't shaped me in anyway. I use them not to create a my persona, but to complement my personallity. Before I used to get drunk, go to a club, dance/stumble round till about 5am then go home. I've always been very friendly and social whether I'm straight or drunk.
But now, whoah watch out. People know when I come on. I start dancing, and dancing hard, and don't stop. I talk to people, give stuff away, and don't stop till the music does.
Anyway getting off the topic. I've always been friendly/fun person, but pills have made me insanely friendly/fun.

Word Getupkid...
I too had shy tendencies, and I feels mdma has made me into a more confident and outgoing persin. I am not afraid to tell people how I feel, the effects of the pills makes me come out of my shell and finaly talk to people. I realised that even when when not on anything I can do the same thing but the first boost of my confidence came from when being of my head talking to people, it made me think "hey, I am not such a bad person, I mean I am talking to them and they seem relativly interested in what I am saying, I guess could be like this anytime."
I used to look at life as it being so shitty. You have to get up go to work, do work come home, be tired, get married get a job blah, blah, blah. But now I see life as a new adventure, every time I walk out of my front door there could be an amazing expidition waiting for me, I guess it just leads back to my self-realisation I found through ecstasy. I think I finally know who I am, where I fit, and you know what... It feels awesome.
------------------
Fuckin~A