Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

after party yellow skin??

ful_sik_trippa

Bluelighter
question:
why is it that the next morning, your skin goes really pale and yellow? Smoke, dancing etc all play a part, but when i get home, i look totally yellow, and not at all normal!
Is it a vitamin or mineral deficiency, or something else. Bubbles mentioned some disease that does this to your skin, but i cant remember what it is (it was to do with a lack of something).
I did a search, and couldnt find anything on this. Thanks peeps....
8)

hepatitis can also do this to you. I would REALLY go and see a doctore A.S.A.P. Like today.....

there was a thread on pasty skin a while ago I think. I think it has alot to do with your liver being over worked, when this happens it makes you go yellow/pasty colour, (jaundice I think it's called). Your liver has alot of work to do breaking down the chemicals and toxins we put in there, poor thing! Also deficiencies in vitamins play a small part.
just my unmedical opinion

Probably got something to do with amphetamine-induced peripheral vasoconstriction (tightening of blood vessels) making your skin look pale too.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Also low blood pressure, which occurs for most after the taking of any stimulant will mean most of the blood will be focussed on the internal organs and away from the skin. A cold monring will also have the same effect.

those with weaker livers which have suffered from the mdma being put through them will get yellow skin the next morning...
i get it quite badly sometimes, but i found a way around it... literally.
plug your pills! then the mdma doesn't have to go through your liver, and your liver doesn't have to take some mdma away (harming it's self and taking away from your roll)...
smile.gif

------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know... aka nostalgic...

I notice that after a night on mdma the skin around my knuckles and hands is especially tight, and stretched out, and is a bit yellow..
I'm putting this down to what Airwalk and BT said.. It's a bit disconcerning though..
[This message has been edited by CynaKill (edited 02 August 2001).]

Apollo, sorry but negative all that MDMA makes it to your liver at one point or another... You body has to metabolise it in the end! Think about it.
And pale white the next morning indicates low blood pressure. YELLOW however
can indicate a SERIOUS liver disorder. See a fucking doctor as soon as possible and tell him everything. He will most likely get blood drawn for a liver function test. In the meantime don't touch ANY drugs (not even coffee man) and limit your intake of high fat or protien rich foods.This may not be what I think it is, but BE safe just in case.
Don't delay on this man, I am worried for you. Seriously. Liver failure... Lets NOT go there.
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

obviously thoth, it is going to have to pass through your liver at some stage, as yes it does have to be metabolised...
as i said though, i've seen enough yellow skin in the morning after rolling to be worried about liver damage/failure, and i've paid one hell of a lot of attention to the yellow skin factor when i try different methods of administration and different methods of pre/post roll vitamins and food at various times...
plugging has made a noticable difference... but then i started plugging at the same time as i started forcing myself to eat/take vitamins during the roll and/or on the comedown... which may help the liver with mdma...
ok, i'm seeking professional advice.
not being negative? *swallows*
i'm rather frightened by your whole post...
frown.gif

but that's probably a good thing...
ta thoth.
[This message has been edited by apollo* (edited 03 August 2001).]

appollo... I didn't spend 6 years at Evil Medical School without learning a few things...
Everything absorbed into your circulation from your gi system (that's your mouth down to your ass) ends up in the liver in what's called first pass meatbolism. There, the liver gets a first crack at breaking down any nasty chemicals before they are released into general circulation and can reach other organs, eg the brain.
That's why drugs that are snorted or injected tend to be more potent.
Anything plugged will end up in your liver.
Aside from not being the most social of habits, plugging can be dangerous. The lining of your ass is not made for nasty chemicals. Your stomach, with low pH and a tough lining, is.
If you have truly gone yellow and not just pale from being cold, tired and low on fuel, go and see a doctor.
------------------
"You drive," he said. "I think there's something wrong with me." - Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

Sorry, I didn't want to freak anybody out! Just listen for a moment my freinds...
I contracted glandular fever (epstien barr virus) about a year ago. This disease can do nasty things to your liver, and as such I had a liver function test taken. As it happened, the tests revealed that my liver was knocked around quite a bit. I was warned off alkemahol (very dangerous) and the foods I mentioned for 3 months. The thing is, I didn't display the telltale physical symptoms like the ones described here... Which almost sound like jaundice.
That could mean that your condition is worse. So, Please, get it checked... Its no big deal, and takes about half an hour. Health is important!
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

Thanks all,
I actually just went to the doctor around 2 months ago to get a full check up. The liver and rest of my major bodily functions were A.OK.
I used to drink quite alot before i started pilling, and guess i have a bad liver from that as well. I have been pilling for about 9 months, and i usually take between 2-4 weeks break before outings, I might go back to the doctor, but what do i tell him?
Off for another checkup methinks...
8)
[This message has been edited by ful_sik_trippa (edited 08 October 2001).]

Doc, my skin is yellow cause ive had too many drugs
That is precisely what you should tell him. Most doctors take a harm minimisation stance. Anyway what do think the doc is going to do? Arrest you? Call you a junkie? Dealing with stuff like this is their JOB, and they have seen much worse stuff many times before.
Remember the good old 'doctor patient confidentiality' the reason it is in place is to encourage people in situations like yours to maintain an open dialougue with their doc. If you don't tell them everything, then making an accurate diagnosis is difficult. Good luck!

i get yellow too. I don't look like a banana or anything, but my skin definitly has a yellowish tinge to it. I'd say that a lot of people get this, but don't really realise it.
i've done a little research...
jaundice is caused by excess bilirubin in your blood, which is produced during the normal breakdown of red blood cells.
Usually the bilirubin is removed from the bloodstream by the liver.
Now, my theory is that the bilirubin builds up because your liver is working overtime to get all those nasty chemicals out of your body when you're pilling. This leaves you slightly yellow in the morning. Once all the chemicals are out of your body, your liver can get rid of the bilirubin, and your skin goes back to normal.

this all leaves me rather worried... it's been on my mind for some time that i have a rather weak liver...
i know i'll get pointed to the search button and numerous medical sites, but for anyone who wishes to answer...
just how damaging is mdma for our livers? how can we counter the damage it causes/leads to?
------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know... aka nostalgic...

If you don't want to see your usual doctor (although you probably should), make sure you go and see the local bulk billing "Dr Nick Riviera" who not only might be able to give you some good advice, but could probably pescribe you some kick arse pain killers too if you ask the right way...
wink.gif

"Hiiii Every-baaady!!! Today, were going to talk about yellow skiiin! I have just the so-lutions ---> Lots of downnners!!!"
smile.gif

Disclaimer: Anyone who thinks I'm serious about actually using downers to solve this problem needs to seriously reconsider taking drugs at all...

^^^^
These pills will make that yeellow skeen seem like a beutifuul dreeam...
*Swallows whole bottle himself*

regarding liver damage...
I'm not sure how correct this is but i remember reading that one pill (around 120mg i guess) of mdma does the same to your liver as drinking a slab(24 cans/stubbies) of beer in a night. So remember take everything in moderation and you should be all right.
That's what i remember anyway not sure how accurate it is.