• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Testing Methylone Purity, easy household methods?

Sentience

Bluelighter
Its not very likely that I will be experiencing this at this time, but its better to have knowledge than be ignorant.

How can you use home methods, without much of a chemistry set, to determine the purity of this RC?

I highly doubt anyone will have a readily available household method that can determine the purity of methylone but we can give this a little time to see if anyone has information.

What does your powder look like and what is the concistency of it? Ive seen very pure Methylone ( 99% ) and it was a very fresh white with a flourery concistency; the crystals are very light. Brown/beige powder is a sign of left over sovlents used in the synthesis process.

pure methylone is a pure white, baking-soda like consistency powder with shiny crystals throughout..

the melting point is between 226 and 228 celsius

crank your oven up and see if it all of it turns from powder to liquid at exactly the same time

far from exact but it might give you a vague idea

dude methylone taste of a distinct taste ..... I cant really describe it besides oranges mixed with chemical? lol

You could try washing with anyhdrous acetone to see how much you lose. It's easy and almost household.

dude methylone taste of a distinct taste ..... I cant really describe it besides oranges mixed with chemical? lol

The taste of MDMA reminds me of grapefruit. Not surprising that they both taste like bitter citrus.

Eating isnt the best method of testing though if you want to identify the chemical before you ingest it.

testing the melting point which i cant seem to find, solubility 357 mg/mL (20 °C), and it's density could give a you a rough estimate of it's purity before you decide to ingest it for further research.