Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E & Alcohol?

flipperTheDolphin

Bluelighter
Does anyone agree that drinking before and/or after popping ruins the effects and somewhat fizzles it?
I personally think this but also there are just so many variables to consider it is near impossible to find reason behind so-called 'good pills'.

umm. Yes.
XTC= dehydration
Alcohol=dehydration
I've been silly enough to do this, and it does fuck with your roll. Plus when you come down you get a hangover...not good!

Hmm - I always find a couple of champagnes while you're waiting for the MDMA to kick in is really really nice.
smile.gif

However, as mentioned, dehydration can be an issue with excessive alcohol consumption, but hopefully as most people would ensure they drink plenty of water while on pills it should be ok.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I'd have to agree with BT
A couple of drinks before a roll I find helps to kill that come on anxiety, I guess because your not sitting there waiting for it to come on your keeping yourself occupied and the boooze helps relax you a bit.
But I have made the mistake of drinking to much before hand which definately does dull the roll a bit, I found it hard to tell whether or not it was a good pill or what and just found myself more messy and fucked rather than enjoying the roll.

yeah its nicer when the E kicks in to attribute the feeling 100% to that rather than wonder 'oh i had a few drinks,could be that'.
I get more of a blurry buzz when the two are mixed, so generally avoid it.

mmm, champagne and e.... *mr burns voice* excellent
smile.gif

I drank far too much (strongbow) once and as soon as the roll wore off I pretty much passed out. Not good.
It's also not very practical when G or 1,4 B is your preferred comedown chemical.

Alcohol weakens the effects of E quite markedly (and its a very fine line). So, i say - fuck E+Alcohol, if you want to party like its 1999 go Meth+alcohol - you'll thank me after a rampaging 14 hours of amazing alcohol consumption, madman antics and sex when the worst xxxx flop is upon you
wink.gif
HAHA.

i would avoid E + alcohol. it gives me a bad headache. i guess it is due to the dehydration of these 2 substances.
frown.gif

------------------
To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often.
- John Henry Newman

i guess as with everything its moderation. i know people who like to drink and pill. i think a couple "quiet ones" are ok before hand, gets you loosened up and in the mood. i once drank a fair bit, then had a pill, and i couldnt feel it so i had another, and then BANG it hit me. 2 red apples within an hour made me feel unbelievable!! but just showing an example of how too much alcohol can disguise the commin on effects of a pill.
But try a drink while your pilling, something with a strong distinctive taste, coz it will taste even better i promise!!

am with Big Trancer on this one...
Nothing like dropping your pill in half a glass of champagne (preferably Bollinger or Moet
wink.gif
) toasting the cool friends that are around, then drinking the half glass...
Strawberries on hand make for a lovely after nibble...
mmm....memories
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Having said that, one should have enough common sense to not go through a bottle of meszcal tequila (including the worm) while rolling...
[This message has been edited by samadhi (edited 25 July 2001).]

im convinced drinking before a roll gets ya TWICE as CHOPPED.... it has happened to me time and time again. its all good, but you got to remember the golden rule:
^..............^..........
| drunkeness = | messiness
i agree maybe the alcohol dulls the affect of the pill... but i am CONVINCED that the combined affects of being drunk and pilling are quite a bit stronger than pilling alone...
Mr_Clean
------------------
Mr_Clean (aka muzik_response) ... tell me is that really YOU?
[This message has been edited by Mr_Clean (edited 25 July 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Mr_Clean (edited 25 July 2001).]

I've done the champagne thing before pilling as well (just 1 glass) and it was really really nice
smile.gif
It's not something that I do too often though because I like to have a dose of G on the comedown sessions nowdays
wink.gif
, but I will do the champagne thing again one day soonish
smile.gif

Booze and E are o.k but be careful of dehydration grog makes you dehydrate without Eccy let alone with it this can be a dangerous combination just like any drug cocktail.

whenever i have a pill i usually always are somewhat drunk and i find that it doesn;t really affect the effects at all. the only thing i notice is that i aren't as dancey. perfect combo is to have about 6 drinks ( i am a big drinker so this would be like having 3 0r 4 for most ppl).
usually i don't organize or know that i'm doing a pill until one of my friends hands me one on the night when i'm already drunk.
i find these nights are the best because its a total surprise and no head fucks trying to organize pills and no expectations( this is so important)
------------------
quick man, kick me in the junk

Dropping a pill after drinking certainly ruins my roll.. my friend told me last night he gave a cap to a friend for his first time - the guy was pretty doubtful it'd do anything - he's a drinker by nature.
Anyway, the idiot rings up about an hour after dropping the cap and tells my friend he couldn't feel shit and that it must have been a bunk cap - perhaps it was because he drank a bottle of scotch beforehand
wink.gif
No.. alcohol doesn't enhance the effect of pills.
------------------
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars..
Out here we are stoned. Imaculate.
- Jim Morrison -

I love to have alcohol before i take a pill. It makes it fun to have a few to get you in the mood for a big pilling night! one really good thing about having a few drinks beforehand would be when the pill wears off, all you feel is the drunkiness, and you SLEEP!! Personally when the pill has gone away & your coming down, there is nothing worse than being awake till all hours, I cant stand it! So if ive been drinking, when the pill wears off, Its good to be able to crash out! Anyone agree?

YES i definately agree, nothing worse than standing in a club for a couple hours, burning time before your about to pop your pill, then when you do, the anticipation of the comeone, sometimes drives me crazy, for me 4-5 drinks before a pill works wonders, i usually fall asleep straight away, and a pleasant uninterupted sleep at that. Ill usually then go have maybe 2 more beers will im peaking, gotta love beer while your nailed.

I love to drink on mdma, drinking to come down with is nearly essential. Either alchol or g, makes the next much more bearable plus you dont end up eating another five pills and feeling like death. Makes sleeping nice and easy too.
------------------
"At this stage of human evolution those who aren't on psychedelics aren't, in fact, truly human"

YAAAAAAAAY i thought that post would bring me back to bluelight status!
har har har...