Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Club temperatures

flipperTheDolphin

Bluelighter
I think that most club owners must know the kind of patrons they get going to their clubs and know that drugs are a big part of the clublife (ie.low alcohol sales).
I have yet to find a club with forward thinking in having some sort of cooling blowing across or over the dancefloors thus preventing the people that are really working up a sweat from overheating.
Theres nothing worse than going for a charge on the floor and 2 mins later you're soaked and panting!!!!
Also when is somebody gonna build an ultimate
raver/piller club with lots of novell and entertaining things for pilled up clubbers to do as well as dance rather than just have a room,a bar etc.
With a bit of thought you could create the ultimate environment for pill poppers to be in and safely!!!
So it would be more like an experience than just being in a club, lotsa cool spinny litlle things (almost like a themepark i guess), how cool would that be????
Anyone with some cool ideas or thoughts post them!
[This message has been edited by flipperTheDolphin (edited 23 July 2001).]

Come rolling with us to wonderland
wink.gif

Its outside (not hot and stuffy, has lots of activities to keep you amused.

Believe it or not, its pretty rare you will find a club owner/promotor that freely admits there are drugs being taken at his/her club. This is mainly for legal reasons however, but yes, the fact still stands that something needs to be done.
Nothing worse than overheating in a club/party then stepping outside to get hypothermia.
Anyway, serious answers please, otherwise post this in social if you want it to be a fluff post
smile.gif

horse

Its only a matter of time before someone dies from over heating. Then the shit will really hit the ceiling.

mmm. Y'know what's even more retarded of club owners is putting warm water in ther taps. THAT's DANGEROUS. Although i can understand their veiw, it's not worth someone dying in their club... or dying for that matter!
But yeah, they should have cool air ducts or FANS at least blowing directly onto the dance floor (fans would make for KEWL lighting effects! hehe)
Oh well, maybe one day.....

Hey,
If you go to a dedicated "dance" venue, the inside temperature is likely to be quite cold. I remember going to Carl Cox and Emerson@Home in January - it had to be close to 30 degrees outside, but inside it was definately below 20. Go to a pub/club, and it will most likely be stinking hot.
Agree that is the promoter/managers responsibility to have a cool venue. The air-conditioning for the opening of china white was broken! You can imagine how hot it got down there.
8)

this made me remember kyral (WW2), whichever room psyentist was playing, myself and munchee stupidly chose the point where the two wall heaters were directed at to dance. Now that was hot. Luckily it was -30 outside, so it didn't take long to cool down
smile.gif

This is one of the reasons I'm a big fan of the great outdoors for partying. I guess the best advice is to make sure you look after yourself and your mates, and make use of that passout if they have them.

Is it possible that club owners keep clubs at an uncomfortable temperature on purpose to encourage drink sales? If thats the case then thats kinda fucked up and Smiley^
smile.gif
makes a valid point that one day when something happens someones gonna have a lot to answer for. Definite law suit material; duty of care, forseeability of harm, so on and so forth.
------------------
But who needs a car, when you've got a pogo stick

Yeah... im with ful_sik_trippa: the thursday night before australia day(BIG DAY OUT SYDNEY) I was at Home also... it was the first time I remember being in a club, dancing my arse off, and then stepping outside cos I was over heating, only to find it was hotter outside than inside... it was unbeliveable
(I was rather annoyed as well cos i couldnt wrap my head around the fact that I'd paid good hard earned money to see Carl Cox play the MOST SUPREMELY BORING and repetitious three hour set ive *EVA* heard in my life.. he was overrated to an extent ive never seen before.. God!, Darren Emerson was better than Carl that night. I LOVED him.. but Carl.. hmm... better lucknext time cos he sucked..)

Yer Most of da clubs are fucked. Home on a friday night, is hot aZZ, and when u go to open the doors for fresh air, the security guard comes and tells u ofF>. And its always way to overcrowed. (i like rooM when i dance ).
Rogues well fark that is the biggest sweat box, the celings are just above your head and u can see the water condensing on the roof. Another club that u cant move in...lol
Yer A HUGE FUCKING RAVE CLUB WOULD BE SIIIICK. Anyone got a few million lying around? .. cause the old Sega World building is empty =)
snap,crackle,!POP!

FREE cool water, BIG air conditioners, LIMITED numbers of punters, REAL assistance personnel. All can be done but your entry price would certainly go up.
Most of us know drinking sensible amounts of water is important in reducing toxicity related problems with MDMA, but how important is not getting too hot?
You may like to check out Jessica Malberg's presentation at The State of Ecsatsy Conference. It's under 'The Science of MDMA' and ~28 min 16 secs into the recording. You will also need real player. http://www.drugpolicy.org/ecstasy/conf_program.html
She found with rats given high doses of MDMA, regulated differences in environmental temperatures (a few degrees up or down from normal body temperature) produced heaps more neural damage. Her studies did use really high (20-40mg/kg) levels, but the results indicate temp. could play an important role in your wellbeing.
If you feel strong enough about these matters, write to your state Health Minister. It is after all a health and safety issue. Convienience and comfort at a cost? Maybe, but not as costly as a death, or increased neurotoxicity from high environmental temperatures.
phase_dancer

I would also like to add that even if your not on the chems, the chance of dehydrating is still high if you don't take proper breaks in a very hot club.
------------------
Reality is for those that cannot handle drugs!

Just a couple of quick points and I'm gonna oh so enjoy attacking QBH on this one.
phase-dancer mentioned FREE cold water, now at QBH at Belfast they had the FREE warm water on that everyone was drinking and yet they have to pay to heat it up! Makes little to no sense to me (unless the waterpipes that run into QBH happen to run through a geothermal hot spot).
Now I think QBH is fairly dedicated to being a dance club of sorts so why is it that they have such crappy air-con there?
Also I think I remember reading that QBH ran out of water to sell at PVD... that place is pretty much a big shithole.
But hey... that may just be my opinion.

K9: Are you serious? Cox was great!
I agree that emersons set was magical, and better than Cox, but i still think Cox played an amazing set. He worked the crowd well, and had a good track selection.
My only gripe was that he didnt bring the crowd down towards the end of the night - ke kept it upbeat and banging, it felt kinda "cut-short" when he ended the set. Lovely nonetheless.
8)

DEAD SERIOUS.
I agree with the way he 'ended' the set.... it sort of... 'didnt' end. I was standing RIGHT next to him (everyone had packed the sides of the DJ box) when everyone started yelling "ONE MORE" (pronounced: "WAAAAAARRN MOOOOOOOOOOR") much to my horror.. as if three hours of his monotonous, unpunctuated jungle-house shit wasnt enough...
Yes i'll agree he certianly held 'some' of the crowd.. my friend James decided Carl WAS THE ONE TRUE GOD that very night and now we all enjoy kicking the shit out of this when we see him... (he is serious but)
But i'll disagree about the track selection for the above reason...
[This message has been edited by #K9# (edited 24 July 2001).]

Yep, and I've been thinking to myself for the few days that this has been bobbing up and down the board... "BT, does this have anything at all to do with drugs? No. Might as well let it stay here though for a while, if it stays on the health issues topic..."
But, unfortunately it's become a social discussion of music and clubbers, so I'm handballing it to Tars and you guys over in Social.
Cheers, BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.