Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Getting someone to try drugs

Plague Bearer

Bluelighter
Ok, I'm after a little help or advice here.
Firstly I understand and belive that it is WRONG to get someone involved in drugs if they do not want to.
However, the way I see it is so many people have a complete lack of education on the matter and this is not good for people who do or do not take drugs.
The people I'm thinking of are my mum and my brother. I'm fairly confident that my mum has only ever SEEN someone smoking weed once to her knowledge. That would certainly be the limit of her drug experience. The same goes for my brother.
Now the thing is I feel sorry for both of them in different ways, but with my mum, she is so closed minded and at the very hint of a suggestion about drugs she would close up, and worse yet I would be in the shit because she'd know I were involved. I couldn't trust my brother, cos he'd tell my parents. But the trouble is my mum is NOT satisfied with her life, I can't when the last time was that she were. Thankfully she's not the depressive type, but I know things really haven't turned out how she would've imagined and I've been thinking for a while now how much fun it would be to give her a pill, or better yet a trip. I just love the thought of sitting and helping her through a trip, I find acid very beneficial for sorting your life out, and I figure what the hell, its not like she'd going to ruin her life or anything. I just think she'd benefit from it, it could really give her a proper perspective back.
My brother is a sad case too, I love him, but I pity him too. He goes to Uni and has made no new friends, he is 21 and does NOTHING. His idea of social interaction is to go to work at the supermarket and talk to people there. I'd LOVE to take him out to a rave and say "Here eat this" and watch him go off his head and run around TRULY enjoying himself.
I know I know them better than you and its not right to slip them something, so are there any suggestions? Thanks.

Giving acid to someone who's too attached to their ego will only end in problems. These aren't technically therapeutic substances, they can be used therapeutically by those who can understand how to benefit from the experience. I doubt drugs are the answer for your mother, given that you said "she is so closed minded and at the very hint of a suggestion about drugs she would close up". On acid, I can't see her opening up, I can see her retreating into herself.
For your brother, maybe you should take him to a rave straight. I was dubious before I wen't to my first rave, but after I got there it was no looking back... the substances might come into the equation later, but at the moment for what you're trying to achieve, I don't think they're the answer for him either...
This is based on the information you've given us... I could be way off. Take this with a grain of salt...
smile.gif

I agree
giving acid to your old cheese (mum) i would say would be a bad thing, If she is not happy with her life like you say it can make things alot worse. Ok you see it from an open minded view because you have done it b4 but giving acid to her may flip her out even more. You may see the good side to it but you also have to consider the other side as well. Especiallly to a first time drug user i wouldnt be giving acid to. Imagine if she flipped out how bad would you feel?? she may not look at you in the same way as she does now. I think to try drugs your mum should want to try them with out any influence from yourself.
As for your brother is he older than you??? I think you could suggest it to him and if he laggs on you well thats the risk you have to take... be a good sis get him a really nice pill and a girl to shagg and im sure he'll be a changed man.... He will be forever thankfull. I would be if my sister did that for me (not that i cant find my own girlfriend) but my sister sounds alot like your mum when it comes to drugs.

In the case of your brother, maybe you have to try and understand you both are really different. Perhaps going to work and talking to people there makes him happy. Have you asked him whether he is hapy with his life? I can understand your concern if he was really unhappy and going on the way he is but if hes quite a happy chappy doing it, then thats just him! I know my brother, ithe 'keep to himself' type. He's almost 18, he has one good friend, has almost no interest in women(to my knowledge...!) and hasnt got a job, and doesnt drink or ever had an interest....but i know hes happy as a person. He enjoys playing his computer and bumming around the house and studying! So dont feel sorry for him, just acept thats who he is! I dont know about introducing drugs to him thoug, maybe take him out for a drink first or maybe go out for lunch or something like that??? Just my advice
smile.gif

I'm not sure about your mum, though. Definitely not drugs! If you feel like you'd like to do something to make her happier, just have a good long chat, perhaps go to a cafe and tell youd like to spend more time with her and talk about everything! Usually doing something small like that makes a person more happier than drugs ever could.
Hope my ideas/advice are of benefit to ya!
smile.gif

I agree with all the other repies for this topic. Drugs aren't the answer to your mother's or your brother's 'unhappiness'. From my own experience, drugs only seem to make you a happier person for the moment that you actually consume it. It won't be beneficial in the long run. Although I'd like to see my own parents popping a pill for the first time. When i first tried a pill, it was the best experience of my life. And it always feels the same all the other times i pop. But maybe leaving this to our generation would be a good idea.
For me, it was a sense of curiosity that led me to trying Es for the first time, not peer pressure. So as long as your brother knows about drugs and how to use them responsibly, he'd try them when he feels comfortable with experimentation.