Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Goodbye Salvia...

E-u4ria

Bluelighter
Ok folks... guess what... the fit has hit the shan... so to speak... i got this from the SMH...
--------------------------------------------
 -    WORLD  
Little-known hallucinogenic herb a growing concern
An obscure hallucinogenic herb from Mexico is gaining a toehold in the world of recreational drugs, prompting United States law enforcement officials to increase their scrutiny of the plant, which is legal.
Health experts have issued cautions about the drug, which induces jarring effects that are not fully understood.
The herb, Salvia divinorum, is a type of sage that can cause intense hallucinations, out-of-body experiences and, when taken in high doses, unconsciousness and short-term memory loss. Users have also reported sensations of travelling through time and space, assuming the identities of other people and even the feeling of merging with inanimate objects.
Scientists are still unclear about precisely how it interacts with the brain, how it may affect the rest of the body or if it has long-term side effects.
"We don't know how it works," said Dr Ethan Russo, a neurologist in Montana who studied Salvia divinorum for his book, Handbook of Psychotropic Herbs (Haworth Press).
"People who are arbitrarily using it need to be cautious," he said. "It's totally different from anything they may have tried."
The herb can be smoked or chewed. Its leaves can also be boiled to make an intoxicating tea. And unlike most hallucinogenic substances, it is legal in the US, although drug enforcement officials say they are monitoring it closely.
"It's not currently controlled and we're collecting information on it," said Ms Rogene Waite, a spokeswoman for the Drug Enforcement Administration.
Precise facts about the plant - also known as Maria Pastora and diviner's sage - its use and proliferation are almost impossible to gather. It is available almost exclusively over the Internet. No reports of health problems or hospitalisations have been made that may be attributed to the plant. But users and sellers say its popularity is growing.
Users dismiss the concerns, saying no evidence of an addictive quality has been documented and the Mazatec Indians, in Oaxaca, Mexico, have used it, with no apparent ill effects, for centuries.
The New York Times
-------------------------------------
now who wants to bet that within a year it's going to be illegal to use, grow or buy.... damn sometimes i could just shoot the free press...
frown.gif
grrrrrrr!!!
oh well...
------------------
"Try combining a childlike wonder at the beauty of the world with cynicism at the state it's in, and stay sane... it isn't easy" - Me

GODDAMMIT! This is the first Ive heard of this particular drug...where the fuck have I been??? AND YES..it will probably be illegal by the time I get my hands on some...
JEEESUS!
dammitfuckshitfuckdammit!
------------------
*Adventure, excitement, A Jedi craves not these things*

ahh, fear not blufluffybunny. Our legislative bodies are known for not acting quickly, and for once it may work to our advantage. Availability wise, try magic type stores and sometimes at markets, probably worth stocking up. Enjoy it while its legal...
------------------
:: www.guerrillanews.com/cocakarma/ -- a must read ::

150+mg: you'll have to check with customs. A quick search on austlii doesn't show any mention of it so I can't really help you much.
The only reason I foresee that it could be a restricted import is due to it being considered a weed or the like. Importing the dried extract, and not seeds/green material, should be ok.
Not much point importing it when it is available locally - legally. Just have to spend some time looking (sometimes lots of time).
------------------
:: www.guerrillanews.com/cocakarma/ -- a must read ::
[This message has been edited by pundi (edited 10 July 2001).]

"The herb, Salvia divinorum, is a type of sage that can cause intense hallucinations, out-of-body experiences and, when taken in high doses, unconsciousness and short-term memory loss. Users have also reported sensations of travelling through time and space, assuming the identities of other people and even the feeling of merging with inanimate objects."
Why is this ALWAYS portayed as being a-kin to worshipping Satan?????
good gear tho
wink.gif

HC

I know a couple of people who are gonna be really pissed off about this
frown.gif

------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...

It is available in Australia, look for people selling it at those small stalls at bush parties, at some markets, some herb and/or bong shops and available off some australian websites as well.
I'd stock up if I were you though.

Making it illegal is going to make it attractive to kids who only want to do it cos it's cool. They'll give it a go because it's the new illegal drug, and end up totally head-fucking themselves. Whereas if it stayed legal then virtually nobody would know about it except for those who are truely interested in the voyage it can take you on.
There's no surer way to bring a drug to the masses than to suddenly make it illegal...
frown.gif

*nods towards Pleo*
Media attention of illegal substances is part of what allows those people who shouldn't be taking the drug to find out about it...
Places like bluelight are where people who are more likely to use the drug responsibly can find out about it...
It'll be a shame when it becomes illegal along with the many other misunderstood (and misused) drugs... I've never tried it tho, and highly doubt I ever will (psychadelics fuck with my head, and this is one damn powerful psychadelic...)
blufluffybunny: You still have plenty of time to try this drug, even after it becomes illegal (does anyone have any doubt that it will?) ....However, as with all drugs, make sure you do your research first... Thankfully salvia doesn't last too long, and most people wouldn't try the concentrated extract first off, so you can ease yourself into the experience before heading to the deep end...

Customs have shown no interest in the several packages cont. salvia that I have imported in the past(they had opened them). If you are a green thumb and have time you can also grow Salvia. Both live plants and dried/5x extract are cheaper in Australia than any other western source. There is 1 *very* good, and two not bad sites based in NSW for this and pretty much any other shamanic substances worth investigating. One thing I should mention about Salvia is that apart from it being very intense, I have also experienced a nasty depression/lethargy for a few days afterwards, as much as a big night on e/acid if not more...Hope this helps.

The herb, Salvia divinorum, is a type of sage that can cause intense hallucinations, out-of-body experiences and, when taken in high doses, unconsciousness and short-term memory loss. Users have also reported sensations of travelling through time and space, assuming the identities of other people and even the feeling of merging with inanimate objects.
Ali G So wat is da negatif effects?

god damn!
i aggree with the post about the kids getting it and geting all messed up.
I have experienced Salvia before, and i really do not wanna know how kids will react to it. It will fuck em up!
kinda scary
frown.gif

Thanks for the info
aNt

Hmmm...I'm interested in more info
wink.gif
If anyone wants to email me or anything, feel free.
BTW: because it is a legal substance is supplier info prohib?
Sionara....
DB

newtown is a good source for plants and 5x salvia extract. try all the herb shops and those spiritual shops.

I'd just like to say ditto to Pleo and Tars and ditto to anyone who mentioned that it will fairly knock around little kiddies who arent mentally prepared for it and are just doing it to be bad. I'd personally try other psychedelics before trying this interesting herb. I doubt it will be scheduled too quickly over here, but yeah enjoy it while you can (in moderation of course).
Another cup of Salvia tea pundi?