Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Fuck, drugs suck......

Acid_Reign

Bluelighter
Last weekend my friend went to velocity and had dexies and alcohol. He had what appeared to be the night of his life. However, he had one of the worst comedowns your likely to see anyone have....
This friend always had issues (like we all do) but never stood out as being unhappy. He was one of the friendliest guys I've ever met, he had the most amazing sense of humour. We called him spick
smile.gif
. This friend of mine commited suicide on thursday. The comedown tipped him over the edge, he planned his suicide and then ended his life.
No one could have predicted this. He never seemed even slightly suicidal. This is a pure shock to me and my circle of friends.
This shit is fucked.......
I don't know how to round up this post. I don't know what point i'm trying to get across. I suppose I'm just saying be careful.....
------------------
You have to run as fast as you can just to stay where you are.
If you want to get anywhere you'll have to run much faster.
--Lewis Carroll

Dude. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. I too have lost friends too drugs and there is nothing any one can say that makes you feel better.
Try not to dwell on the ending, but the good times you and your friend shared together.
I have no answers for you my friend, all I can say is time heals all wounds, and it does get better.
My thoughts are with you Acid_Reign....

Its never cool when someone close to you takes their own life. All I can say is, try to just remember the good times you guys have shared and smile at those good memories. Just think if you had passed away, you wouldn't want your friends being down. Just *TRY* to be positive. All my condolences do go out.. I just try to think of dumb funny songs to get me through times like these (Always look on the bright side of life - Monty Python usually helps me).

Sorry to hear about your friend dood... my thoughts are with you... not much more I can say... I hope things sort themselves out.
------------------
The Strange Guy with the Greeny Mold-like Strange Hair

Sorry man , my heart goes out to you, and the family. I think this is another reason why if we have friends especially who are doing it for first time to go to recovery parties for safe comedown, so atleast they are not alone and they don't freak out..

A loss is never easy to bear, I find a temptation to live in the memories arises, making it harder to get on with life. And the fact that your respects to the person will never be acknowledged (although that's obvious) really gets to me.
I'm a victim of severe comedowns (one joke about me is that I get comedowns off caffeine), and long term depression. I've contemplated similar actions on many occassions, but they've never gone past planning.
I'm sorry to hear of your friend, my condolences. My thoughts are with you.
frown.gif

------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...

OMG! that is so not cool... Acid_Reign i really can't express how sorry i feel! i havent lost a friend or anyone, but i've had friends with suicidal tendancies and i still can't understand it... as someone put it...
"suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem"
once again... i'm sorry for your loss!
frown.gif

peace 'n' lurrve
------------------
"Try combining a childlike wonder at the beauty of the world with cynicism at the state it's in, and stay sane... it isn't easy" - Me

Acid_Reign,
I am so so sorry to head about your friend. These things are never easy to deal with. I've lost friends before, not to this sort of thing, but a loss is a loss. Need a friend, give me a hoy, need to have a few beers, get in contact.
My best advice (should you want any at this time) is to talk. Talk to everyone, vent your feelings, and get it out.
All the best, take care of yourself.
Deepest Sympathies.
BASS.

Sorry to hear about your friend Acid_Reign.
I've never lost anyone close to me before, but I can imagine how you'd be feeling. I think at times like this we need to take a good look at ourselves and those around us and to be careful. We seem to have become complacent about the dangers of drugs and the consequences they can have.

frown.gif

SO sorry to hear this, my best wishes are with you, and I hope you recover well from such a tragic loss...
As others have said, talk it all out, and if you need ear to chew off, mine is always there..

A_R- I'm very sorry for your loss. Bass was right when he said the best thing to do is to talk it out with people.

Thanks for the support guys
smile.gif

I wasn't really after sympathy, i was mainly trying to let people know about this situation in the hope that they could gain something from it. Drugs are dangerous and i think too many people (myself included) talk down the risks....

hey a-r, my sympathy goes out to you. i just had a quick hypothetical on how i'd react if one of my friends went, and i can't even get close to imagining how i'd feel.
it must be something in the phase of the moon though, 'cos this week i've just experienced the worst emotional comedown i've had. went out saturday, and tuesday i had the most intense 8 hours of 'what the fuck do i do now?', and 'why do i bother?'. not close to suicide, but intense none the less.

I was in the same situation once, I know how you feel mate. A friend of mine who was quite a depressed person went out one night for a few drinks with mates. He decided to have a pill (sorry, I don't know what kind). The night went on ok, besides a couple drunken 5 min blews between him and a mate of his. The club was about to close so he decided to walk home as everyone cars were full. On his way home he decided to jump off the bridge leading to his house. When the police checked his blood they found Ketamine in his system, he had a K bomb. Now I am not saying K done it, but I do think it helped him to go the whole way. He had thought about things like this before and people had seen him near the bridge, but I think the K just pushed him over the edge. There are a lot of depressed people out there and for those that are, these types of drugs are not for you (including alcohol), don't take them. It's not worth your life just for a few hours of pleasure.

"Bass was right when he said the best thing to do is to talk it out with people"
i agree one of the best thing to do is talk it out but ya cant always get eveyrthing out in the open which makes it hard at times. At lot of problems can be solved by getting it out in the open but then this can also cause other problems sometimes or can solve the problem a lot easier than the person mightve epected but ya never know what is gonna happen.
And MOTOMAN what is this comment about
"these types of drugs are not for you (including alcohol), don't take them"
what drugs including alcohol? seems to me u are talking about drugs that are not uppers but downers or somthin but i cant really tell. And why is it that these drugs are not for "a lot of depressed people out there"? can ya explain this. If these drugs are not suitable then what drugs are then? All recreational drugs can be sutiable if used in the right way. i am not gonna explain what the right way is that is why this place is here for. To attempt to establish the right way and safest way for using recreational drugs.

what i think motoman meant was that drugs shouldn't be used as an escape from head fucks. if you're depressed, work it out while sober, and then enjoy the drugs with a level head. if you use drugs to escape your shitty existence, the drugs might overpower your higher rational self, and allow the baser emotions to take over, and you might do something that you will not have a chance to regret in the morning
frown.gif

It's no secret that I've been through a drug-fuelled hell and (fortunately) managed to come back in one piece.. this is why I joined Bluelight.
Coming down can be a lonely, disorienting and even frightening experience. So why do it alone?
My doors are always open after events for those who need company (three Bluelighters under one roof!), or a place to chill, or tunes to listen to (or a silent room).. and most of all, understanding, care and smiles when you need it. AND NO PARENTS!
smile.gif

Miss Flea loves being around for cruisy comedowns and making people feel at home.
because This is The House That Bluelight Built.

the worst way to remind everyone that we are not invincible.
sincere condolences a_r, a lot of people are here for you man.

Thanks mr_fluffy, that is what I meant,in a way. It's quite obvious that drugs do weird things to your head and taking drugs when depressed or upset is only gona make things weirder and confuse you. I didn't mean to sound like a parent "don't take drugs, they are bad" I just meant be careful. Before you put a pill in your mouth expect that you will get the worst come down ever and wonder if you would be able to deal with it. Try to be in a good mood before you take them. Coming down with friends instead of going home on your own is always a safe thing to do aswell.
[This message has been edited by MOTOMAN (edited 11 July 2001).]