Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mescaline Questions

Pleonastic

Bluelighter
Having recently read Doors of Perception by Aldous Huxley (the account of his first mescaline trip), I've decided to add it to my list of things to try. So now I'm doing my research (as all good drug users do), and was after some info about the availability of Australian mescaline. I know this could be seen as walking a fine line, but I'm sure if we all think before we post then we won't break any bluelight guidelines...
smile.gif

First, I've done a search and the only Australian thread I can come up with is Anyone know much about Mesculine? which is over a year old. I've also read the limited information on erowid too, so there's no need for people to point me in that direction...
smile.gif

Now, my questions. Is it possible (no actual sources please, that's naughty
wink.gif
) to get pure mescaline in Melbourne (synthetic or otherwise)? Secondly, what are the current legalities for mescaline in Melbourne and the various cacti which contain it (ie: peyote, and I think there's others too)?
Has anyone here tried mescaline themselves? I ask because it's nice to hear reports from people that I know (in the bluelight sense of knowing someone). I'd trust these opinions more than a random trip report on erowid.
Basically, any info would be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance peoples!
smile.gif

I have heard there is absoulutely no mescaline in oz.
Hope this helps
wink.gif

I've heard of synthetic mescaline in melbourne, however am yet to see it. It is likely that it would be a 2ct based substance sold off as mescaline. Your best bet is to grow a SAN PEDRO cactus, and eat it.

Is a SAN PEDRO cactus legal? Or would I have to go dodgey shopping to get one?

I have friends who grow peyote at home. But have never heard anybody selling mescaline at all.

Yep San Pedro is the cactus to go for. An older friend of mine used to go on night-time cactus hunts with a potato sack on her back back in the 70s, hacking apart any San Pedro cactii she could find, then head home and cook up mescaline. Cooking it up is not that hard according to her, theres some good recipes on erowid... http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti.shtml - look in the cultivation & preparation bit.
[This message has been edited by DeXX (edited 06 July 2001).]

Mesc is here to be found – it’s not something that your local dd will have but it is out there.
I’ve been lucky to source a not so constant supply, however droppin once every 2-3 months is enough anyway – as a good mesc trip takes a hell of a lot out of your body.
Would love to hear from anybody with cacti growing experience!

extract - either flaky buttons or ground up!
------------------
A pill a day will keep Sarah away!

ive been meaning to order in some san pedro and peyote seeds but havent got around to it yet. ive been a typical stoner now that exams r over. will get around to it sometime soon. san pedro generally has a lower % mescaline i believe, but it doesnt require the 6 or so years to grow that peyote does.
my advice-grow your own.

San Pedro can be bought over the net here in Oz, i was considerirng this myself. But the it takes soo long for the cactus to mature and flower for wot you want. Try looking up mecidinal nurseries such as... sorry cant seem to find the page. i was looking @ getting me a couple of Ghat plants instead, ill post back l8r when i can find more useful info....

Don't even THINK about posting suppliers or URLs for places to buy san pedro cacti or anything else.
Any information about mescaline you can supply would be great
smile.gif
, but not places to get it.
Thanks, BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

oohh Sorry yeah i forgot where i was @!, well good luck, there is info out there just try natural healing hippie sort of nurseries, theyv'e got heaps of good info on plants, cactii and the like.

hehe just finished writing my list of drugs i've done, and what i wanna do, and come in here and see this.
Doors of perception is the book that changed my perspective on drugs (and i'd love it back dequincey
smile.gif
) but the whole time i've been doing them mescalin has allllllways intrigued me. i've never looked for it in melbourne tooo much, but i have heard of buttons being around. but then certain people i have talked to that have done mesc in america have said that what we get here is NOTHING like 'the real thing'... if you ever get round to it, i'd love to talk about the experience (just ask anyone whos ear i've chewed off after finding out they'd done it
smile.gif
)
.02c.
------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

Something to remember is that the cactus experience does not entirely consist of Mescaline, apparently the Mesc that was synthethised in Sandoz did not match the Peyote experience, while Mescaline is the primary psychoactive in the cacti, there are hundreds of others.