• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Horrible panic attacks and anxiety that won't go away what can I do?

Jackie Chan

Bluelighter
I was feeling ok day before yesterday, week before yesterday i didn't smoking weed, and then yesterday I smoked the same amount i usually do. then for the 1st hour and a half i felt great, really happy. but then after that i think i had a panic attack, i could feel my heart beating really really fast, I was having trouble breathing i thought i was having a heart attack or stroke but there was no chest pain or any pain just really anxious and my body felt totally numb and for hours after way more than usual. and then after I still felt slightly high, even today my head felt weird and cloudy like I was slightly high and i felt really anxious today. but it got really bad tonight . i smoked some more weed today, not much though , i know it was stupid feeling the way i was , I know there's nothing physically wrong with me, but I've that weird feeling in my head hasn't gone away and now I'm having a really really awful panic attack. it's like i feel like i'm still stlightly high but i haven't smoked any weed in like 10 hours and its impossible for me to fall sleep

I'm also feeling depressed but the anxiety is way worse than the depression and that feeling in my head that won't go away makes me think this is permanent, i tried burning myself with my lighter to make it go away but it doesnt and its been more than 10 hours since i smoked

I've had depression and anxiety all my life but htis is way worse than anything before and ive felt pretty awful at times before this. some really awful things have happened in my life the past 5 months and i keep thinking about those things and i know things like that will keep happning in the future and thinking that is making everything worse and its impossible to stop thinking it

things have happened in the past months that have destroyed my soul and i know ill never be same again

i know i sound insane but seriously i cant take any of this anymore, and I'm NOT going to kill myself so please don't worry about that.

I just wondering please if anyone felt anything like this, like weird feeling in ur head like ure slightly high even when u havnt done any drugs for the past 10 hours and and unbearable panic attacks , im pretty sure it was trigerred by smoking weed yesterday , what do u do to make it stop , and how long did it last?

i know this seems like some pretty weak shit, but i've felt awful depressed and anxious before but this is totaaly unbearable

Okay first things first:

1. You are not weak or insane. Anxiety, depression and panic attacks are all pretty common. That doesn't make it any less horrible though. But you certainly aren't alone <3

2. The way you are feeling now WILL go away. The panic will begin to subside, if you just relax and try to stop thinking about things, take some slow deep controlled breaths in and out, and just try to wait for the negative feelings to pass. Which they will.

3. Do not smoke any more pot, not today, not tomorrow, not for at least a few months, and preferably never again. It is not worth the risk of this happening again next time you smoke.

Have you got anything at all that might help calm you down or even sleep? Some natural and benign, like chamomile tea or valerian tablets? Even a mug of warm milk will help relax you.
Just keep reminding yourself that the feelings of panic and anxiety WILL pass, and just try to relax and ride it out. Try to get some sleep if you can, and see how you feel in the morning.

Take care, and let us know how you're going okay? <3

I took 12 mersyndol last night, it helped me fall asleep. I woke up a while ago still feel horrible, really tired and still really anxious. i went out to get coffee and have a cig and these people were looking at me and were like he looks frantic and saying other things WHY do people say stuff like that when ur right there

The feeling in my head is worse today but probably because of the mersyndol and not enough sleep.

I'm going to make an appointment with my family doctor about this, i know thats the most sensible thing to do and stop taking drugs for now

I took 12 mersyndol last night, it helped me fall asleep.

PLEASE do not take ever that many Mersyndol at once. Firstly, you don't need that many for it to have its calmative effects.
Secondly, and more importantly, that is way too much paracetamol to have in a single dose, let alone in a 24 hour period. Paracetamol overdose can seriously damage your liver. Please be more cautious in the future <3

I really think you will need to talk to your doctor about how you're feeling, so best of luck with that and let us know how it goes okay? Take care <3

lay off all the drugs, eat right, drink a shit load of water, go see what your doctor says, exercise, meditate, read books, etc...

I never had a reaction to weed like this before, but i know using mdma a lot in the past has a lot to do with what happened. I also smoked crack twice in past few weeks and and know that contributed a lot to how I'm feeling now. I just want to feel as close as I can to normal again. I also used mdma less than 2 weeks ago. Whenever I use mdma now I just hoping to get the feeling i used to get from it but its really stupid for me to keep doing it when I know its probably not going to come back.

I still have the that weird feeling in my head like i'm slight high, my body also feels weird, like slightly numb like i'm slightly high but uncomfortable at the same time. I'm really afraid that what happened last night is going to happen again, but I know its my fault and I have to just man up and deal with it.

And things really aren't that bad in my life. A few bad things did happen to me in the past 5 months but i'm still really young and I can get over them. Last night things just felt way worse than they actually are in reality.

I'm going to see my doctor day after tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure he'll just prescribe me something like Lorazepam for the anxiety. I've had anxiety before and he usually just gives me benzos. But I'm not going to tell him I'm depressed because I really don't want to go on anti-depressants again. I know there's other stuff i can do to help with the anxiety besides drugs and i'm really going to look into those things and give them a try.

The worst thing about this is whenever I go out people just look at me and they can tell there's something off with me. It wasn't like this before two days ago. But I don't want to become someone who's insane so I'm goint to really try hard.

before you try and fux wit da benzodiazapines, i highly recommend you do what Changed said..

^^ Yep definitely.

Jackie Chan, benzos will just mask the problem like a band-aid. They're a good thing to have on hand if you have a panic attack like last night, but you certainly shouldn't be on them regularly.
Exercise, good diet, meditation and/or regular counselling will help MUCH more in the long-term than medication will.

Please, for your own sake, lay off ALL drugs for a good long while, at very least until you start to feel normal again.

Yeah, I think keeping the benzos around just in case is the best thing to do. Even when I was prescribed them before, I never would take them on a daily basis.

I'm just wondering about this weird feeling in my head. As I said it just feels cloudy like I'm still slightly high and I haven't done any drugs today or yesterday. During the day it wasn't so bad, but now after I had dinner it's getting worse. Sometimes its not so bad and I think its going away but then it comes back again.
Breathing in air feels different and my body also still feels different, like I'm still slightly high, even though I haven't done any drugs in the past 2 days. Everything feels slightly altered since Monday, and the depression and anxiety I've been feeling has also been elevated since then.

At the moment I'm just trying not to think about things too much, and yeah, I'm definitely going to follow Change's advice.

I used to have severe panic disorder quite like how you're feeling right now. It had me in this state of "depersonalization" where i felt high and spacey all the time and noticed every heartbeat, weird tingling and whatever else. I read a book called "Dancing with Fear", if you're into reading i definitely suggest it. For me, whenever i sat there thinking about how strange i felt it only made it worse. You might actually be making symptoms just because you are thinking about them. You get random adrenaline rushes then your mind tricks you into thinking something is wrong.

Anxiety is a difficult issue to deal with. I refused meds that were recommended by my doctor because i wanted to make the mental and physical changes on my own. It will take time, but I believe you should try to do the same. I noticed you said you didn't wanna be one of those people who goes insane. I used to feel the same way. I used to think i was losing touch with reality and that people thought i was crazy. But the truth is, no one can tell that something is wrong with you. You just think they can because you are anxious and you notice things that are irrational. Seriously read that book or some other good book about panic disorder. It explains everything.

Remember to breathe deep, close your eyes and maybe try meditating or some other relaxation technique when panic attacks occur. Don't try to fight them, just let them come and pass with the knowledge that you will be ok. Maybe come up with some method that checks you back into reality (for example when i'm panicking i tend to look at my hands a lot. For some reason it calms me down and if my hands look normal then i feel normal). Its weird but it works. Find something that works for you.

Sorry for the semi-long post but i hope it helps you a bit. These are just my techniques for when i'm feeling a panic attack setting in. I haven't had a panic attack in 2 years. Good luck!

Just to add to what I post above:

I never had anxiety before this past year. I had a panic attack this past summer, then felt that general sense of unease up until a month ago. It culminated in a flash of depersonalization where I was literally wandering around my apartment wondering what was real and what wasn't. I thought I was going crazy and convinced myself that I was schizophrenic (self-diagnosing on Wikipedia is a dangerous, depressing hole to fall into).

Anyway, the point I wanted to make is: finding easy ways to cover up your anxiety is only hurting you more. Anxiety is, logically, a good sign that something is wrong with the way you're living your life. Think about it: if you've come to point in your life where you've lost your ability to control your brain (your thoughts, your feelings, control over your own body), something is deeply wrong. It follows, then, that the changes you need to make in your life are equally as severe. Take this time to reflect on the whole of your life: what changes do you need to make, at the most basic level, for you to enjoy life again?

Keep us updated on how you're doing...

Being anxious and depressed is one thing.

Being anxious because you're anxious
or
depressed that you're depressed
is another.

I'm guessing you might be afraid of the fear. It's a terrible feeling, and you want it to go away so bad, which often invites it, which can be a tricky cycle to escape. Believe me, I've been there, hard.

One thing that has helped me tremendously is accepting your anxiety, which sounds cliche, but... Try to think about why about your anxiety is so bad. Why can't you continue doing things you want to do throughout the day? Learn to live with your anxiety in the moment. That does not mean you have to accept you'll have it forever, because that is most certainly not the case. It means realizing that you're scared along with every other human on this planet, and it really isn't a barrier unless you think it is. And if you think it is, it's STILL not a barrier, you're just refusing to move forward. What you need to do is not eliminate the fear, but get involved in the world, transmuting the fear into excitement and curiosity. Fear is healthy, natural. So don't be afraid of it.

Terror-->Fear-->Anxiety-->Anxiousness-->Anticipation-->Energy-->Excitement-->Action

Insecurity-->Vulnerability-->Sensitivity-->Openness-->Acceptance-->Love

(-->???-->Profit)

quit weed altogether for a few months, when i smoked more often i started to get a bit of anxiety, as soon as i stopped smoking that stopped.

if the anxiety gets that bad i recommend a script for cymbalta, that stuff changed my life and after being on it for 6 months and now not needing it anymore, i feel like a was born again. It will also help with any depression as well. i felt like a total idiot because i felt i couldnt control my own mind but to be honest i wouldnt look back, i honestly feel so much more better then i have ever felt.

peace

I'm experiencing the same thing

Last night I smoked pot and it was the scariest thing of my entire life. I was panicky and felt like I was gonna die. Eventually I was able to go to sleep but woke up reallyyy early the next morning. I felt okay but a little shaky and still a little high. I ate breakfast and watched some tv and then started to feel completely high again

Another thing- i never got the munchies- I couldn't eat.. like had no appetite but the only time I felt better was when I did eat

And I still feel weird and it's been almost 24 hours. I feel anxious and like I'm watching my body from a movie.

I didn't even smoke very much

I'm on a ketogenic diet- would the burning of fats through ketosis cause the high to stay longer??

I'm freaking out! This has been the absolutely worst most miserable day of my life

I can't take this anymore! Ugh I'm gonna need to be put in a cookoo house if this keeps up!!

I took a Gaba Calm pill, and some benadryl... will that help?

Any advice???

just relax... all this is in your head, and thinking about it more only makes it worse. just take deep breaths, drink some water, and try to relax.

Help with Panick attacks

I'm 16, I smoked weed for the first time when I was 15. When I turned 16, I went to Amsterdam and smoked REAL weed on two different occasions, since then I've smoked about another 8 times... But lately I've been really scared for reasons that I hadn't noticed before - it seems like my field of vision is reduced, I can't remember anything, I can't focus or read properly! I'm close to panicking, this has been going on for 2 months, I can't get it out of my head...

get exercise to release tension and take deep breaths if you feel anxiety, remember that its all psychological and its not actually your body about to spontaneously combust ;)

go to your doctor if it gets worse and they will be able to advise you and perhaps even prescribe you with a short term course of a beta blocker to help get you back to normal

I used to get panic attacks smoking weed. I stopped smoking weed. Years later, I tried again and was fine. I think the difference was feeling better about myself, my setting, etc. Just lay off it and try it again periodically in a safe setting if you want to see if you are "ready" to do it without panicking.

~psychoblast~

Business: Merged with similar thread and merged your two posts. Welcome to BL, bonfim94. :) I know you're new but just a heads up that there is no need to post the same thing in multiple spots.

Actual reply: I used to feel like you're describing, bomfim--'Til I stopped smoking pot. I had no reading comprehension whatsoever, was scared shitless at night for horribly stupid reasons, was mad paranoid, ... All this lasted for a long time while I was still smoking pot and abusing other substances. Quit in August and most of the nasty issues were gone circa December. Yes, it took me a long time--Because I was smoking for a long time. I say give yourself a couple weeks without drugs, treat your body and mind well with proper nutrition and exercise, and see if that makes a difference. Best of luck--Keep us updated. :)

Okay so I have been smoking marijuana for about a little bit over a year. I've never had any problems with it. I do drink also but that's it, I have also smoked spice but never used any other drug. I am 17 years of age and in VERY good health. I am a cross country runner and run about 6 to 8 miles a day, I've been running like this for about 6 years. so 2 nights ago I was smoking mersh with my friends ordinary day and about ten minutes after I had trouble breathing i couldn't catch my breathe I waited for about an hour and it didn't go away I went to the ER and They said nothing was wrong with me, the next to days I had minor breathing problem and today was the first day I started breathing fine again, I'm wondering if I smoke again will this happen? And I'm wondering if drinking alcohol will cause this to happen to again, I was going to drink tonight butbim scared I don't want this to happen again, I have a scholarship waiting for me and don't want this to ruin it......plz help