Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

pilltest.com

banana_man

Bluelighter
Just noticed this link on pillreports.
http://www.pilltest.com/
You can send a pill and they will post a real (substance + quantity) analysis of it on the web site. It Cost US$15,postage + your pill to do it.
Anyone sent anythin or thinkin of doing so?
This could be great for solving those HQ and TP debates.
Although, i cant imagine i'd be sending anyone a valuable TP.
(umm,rrr, if i had any that is)
------------------
No mum, there are drugs at the raves but we drink alcohol

*bump*
This site looks legit to me. It seems to be being run by the guys from EZ-test, (ie. possibly a-j from bluelight's pilltesting forum). This would seem to be an excellent way to get personally delivered quantitative analysis of your pills.
The cost? Well, it's one whole pill plus 15 Euro (that's about $24.50 at today's rate). If the pill contains adulterants, ie. DXM, PMA, etc., with or without MDMA, then you get your money back... if your pills is only MDMA then your money is not refunded. So, my advice would be if you're curious about the contents of the pill, and you want to KNOW FOR SURE then send it, especially if it's a dodgy one.
Basically you pay for the test first, then they send you a login key and address to send the pill with instructions on how to send it. (Only whole pills are accepted - this is because it's a quantitative test... they need to know HOW MUCH of each substance is contained in the entire pill). The results from the test are made available privately for the sender of the pill on a login/password basis. There is a pilltest.com database on which the results of dangerous pills are published. They don't make available the results of MDMA-only pills because they don't want to 'advertise clean pills' for pillmakers.
Sounds like this could be a really worthwhile venture from the EZ-test people. I hope that it makes a difference.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Sounds like a good idea, although the legality issues of putting drugs in the post could possibly have rammifications... Could you be charged with trafficking?
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

Having the pills in the first place is illegal... why would posting them to somewhere else not be? I'll leave it to our BL legal team to comment though
wink.gif

*BUMP*
I think this one would be worth researching. Maybe contacting the web site directly and asking for more info to post on bluelight. Would be good keeping shit away fomr people!!
*BUMP*
*BUMP*
*BUMP*
------------------
*Adventure, excitement, A Jedi craves not these things*

For MDMA-only pills, does the analysis that gets sent to you privately contain any info about the dosages or amount of MDMA in the pill??

Luko: I believe so - regardless of the contents of the pills, I understand that you get a quantitative analysis of the entire contents of the pill. It's just that you get your money back when you have dangerous pills that aren't MDMA only because they use your information in the database to help other people... ie the Pilltest (or EZ-test) company pays for the test in those cases. In the case where you have MDMA only, you pay for the test, because they Pilltest.com database doesn't get any new data from your pill test.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

I am all for pilltest.com it sounds like something we've been needing for ages, particularly with regards to bum pills. It would be interesting to test some of our local pills just to see how much 'speed' is in them (and other stuff).
The problem is however, that it is illegal to send narcotics by the mail. This section of the Crimes Act (Cth) makes it an offence and gives it a max 2 years jail. I would however hope that this doesn't scare people as if you did get caught (mailing one pill) which is unlikely, a judge would most likely be pretty lenient (ie: no conviction recorded) if you could show you sent it as a harm minimisation act. I don't think they will screw over anyone trying to do the right thing by other people.
The other problem is that it will be illegal to export narcotics (just like it is illegal to import them) and illegal in the destination country to try and import them. These won't apply to pilltest.com if the address they give you is a domestic one, but if it's international it will. Again its unlikely for any real charge to be laid out of trying to export one pill, and even less likely for another country to try and have you extradited for that same pill.
While it is largely illegal to send them off, it is also illegal to consume and possess them. At least with sending them to pilltest.com you are trying to serve a public good, and any judge/prosecuter will take that into account. The other consideration is that it is highly unlikely for a the package to be intercepted in the first place.
------------------
:: This space for sale ::

Will have to see how this site goes,
but....
If it looked like it was going well, it would be real easy to setup a thread to make sure the same pill didnt get sent in twice.
Even if we posted the results on MDMA pills only- it would mean more info for us.
Also it looks like you mite also get your cash back if it was MDA etc. as well. Would have to check on this though.
It looks to me like they just want to list non MDMA pills, or with MDMA and somethin else. (BT said this, I know).
Just a thought - if you have a list of all the other stuff that came in pills from around the world it mite help you create a better test kit-all paid for by Joe Public .
Still looks like a great idea if Australia Post doesnt stuff it up for us.
By the way they recommend that you dont put you name etc. on the package you send, this way it cant be traced back to you.
Looks real legit, only time will tell.
------------------
No mum, there are drugs at the raves but we drink alcohol

oh no. the *BUMP* is back..
*bump* *bump*
Anyway. Yeah. Wow, I should have thought of this one. That means that if, over the course of the whole 'operation', 50,000 people around the world, send in a pill. That means they get up front $1,200,000 dollars (based on $24 per test) in "testing fees" and 50,000 pills being sent to their doorstep.
(sarcsm meter running off chart here)
OF COURSE, the U.S. (or ANY) government is gonna hove NO trouble (no trouble whatsoever) in allowing illicit substances to be 'smuggled' into their country via way of envelope and registered mail system... hell, the posties could peak while they deliver the goods. Its illegal enough when its domestic, but it gets a whole lot more serious when it becomes international post.
Fuck, some people are stupid.
And I was one of them til recently. I was offered this very same service in sydney and I feel I was fucked over... only now the penny drops and I realise now that any person who does this to a large number of people would have a nice little 'business' going. All you need to do is generate a few thousand web-pages of standard individual results, post a FEW refunds back with "Dear John, this was what is in your pill and youre lucky you didnt take it" letters to cover your arse and make it seem legit. OF COURSE the ENTIRE thing would be almost untracable and any 'accountable' figures in this operation would be...
"migments of your ifagination" (its funnier than you think, try and say it at a party it ALWAYS get funny looks and big laughs
smile.gif
)
If you ask me it sounds fucked.
But I am known for being an optimist (believe it or not) and I choose to think MAYBE the wholesale postage of illegal substances into a country was sanctified...
Sam, if you're reading this, wouldnt you agree?
*bump*
In the meantime just remember the only thing harder in life than getting a pregnant elephant into the back of a mini.. is getting an elephant pregnant in the back of a mini...
=K9=
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Somewhere deep down I find a place of peace..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dude it's 1 pill, they're hardly gonna hunt people down over 1 pill, I'd be surprised if mail that small ever got opened. Dancesafe has been doing it for a couple of years and there's been no trouble.
Also, this is being run by EZ test, the people who make the testers, it's not a scam, it's legit, just because you got burned doesn't mean it's all a scam
smile.gif

K9:
It sounds legit. Why:
a) It's being run in some part by aj, a respected mod of the bluelight community. Check out the pill testing forum..
b) It's associated with EZ-test, check out www.pilltest.com. I'm sure the company that brought us EZ-test want to screw us all when they've done so much for harm minimisation.
c) They don't want good pills, they'd rather test crap ones. Read their website. If they wanted to resell it why would you ask for anything else but pills that tested black.
d) It is obviously not in the US, check the website. The asking price is in Euro.
So before you start bagging it why don't you read up on it. They never claimed that there wasn't some illegality to it. They are just trying to create a service that would make this scene a whole lot safer. Instead of relying on police and the media to let us know what substances are in pills (like smack, rat poison and glass) the community can find out for itself.
I thought of the same scam you suggested when I first heard of it. But instead of the bad-mouthing you just gave it, I researched it and used that knowledge to arrive at a founded conclusion. I implore you to at least check the website and aj's posts, and then decide if it's legit.
Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but I'd rather the project got of to a good start, instead of being killed by baseless rumour.
*I have no connection whatsoever with pilltest.com, but hope they succeed..
------------------
:: This space for sale ::

K-9 i do agree with you about some of the points that you did raise, and i agree that this could be set up as a very profitable scam, but on the otherhand, AJ is very respected in bluelight circles, and the EZ-test is produced by these guys...
this leads to a certain amount of credibility and trust, and with the whole dancesafe thing happening over in the states, this is not the first such service available for the lab testing of pills, but it is the first one that is possibly available to australian partygoers, i reckon that it is worth the $30 odd dollars and the pill to know what is going into the stuff that i am sticking into my body...
and i do hope that there is a way that we can get around the whole australia post, illegality type of thing...
------------------
drugs are not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer... (aka confusered... just to confuse everybodies)

Wouldn't it be funny if aj had been planning this for the last few years. Making friends with lots of bluelighters, *appearing* to be all out on a harm minimistaion quest, developing a dummy company that produces testing kits, when really all along he was planning this one heist that will make him so much money he never has to work again........
------------------
You have to run as fast as you can just to stay where you are.
If you want to get anywhere you'll have to run much faster.
--Lewis Carroll

I'm sorry... excuse me?
Are you people fucking serious?
I can't believe that you'd be so distrustful (and disrespectful) of the people that brought you the first and original 'EZ-test' that told you the difference between shithouse dangerous speedy bunk pills and the ones that are supposedly 'worth' eating. A healthy scepticism is fine, but think about what you're saying. You read and post on a site called Bluelight, which is set up to distribute harm minimisation information. Then the one time we FINALLY get a chance to maybe know for sure what's in the pills we've been wondering about for so long, you immediately dismiss it as a scam.
In my opinion this opportunity represents the chance to gain harm minimisation information that cannot be gleaned from ANY other source. Someone is finally offering to lab test pills for us, albeit at a small (refundable) cost. Why should EZ-test be in this for the money when they already successfully supply (and people already pay more than 15 Euro for) a tester, which WORKS and provides accurate qualitative information.
To me, this sounds the same as the attitude I get from the speedbomb dealers who denounce the testers as a scam because it hurts their business. If you have so much doubt, then DON'T get involved with this effort. (By the way, they could make far more money in so many fraudulent ways based on the drugtaking and rave communities, 15 Euro is small peanuts compared to any of you that spend $80 plus per ticket to go to parties every weekend). Don't go out of your way to try and denounce something haven't investigated it fully. If you don't want to support legitimate harm minimisation efforts, then for everyone's sake just leave bluelight.
BigTrancer.

hey BT, i was just trying to show that there were two sides to this, and with everything involved with the taking of illegal drugs, the illegal comes to mind, and there are certainly people out there that could use this as a scam...
BUT i have much faith in the people of EZ-test and bluelight and i am sure that that would not happen. i for one am very glad about this service, as it has been required for a while and will do a lot of good for the scene as a whole...
but healthy skepticism is sometimes the only thing between you and a really dodgy deal.
hope this clarifies... if not... m'eh...
smile.gif

------------------
drugs are not the answer... drugs? is the question... yes is the answer... (aka confusered... just to confuse everybodies)

SO was I..
smile.gif

(my humour is my sarcasm if you dont like... i dont really give a shit
smile.gif
sorry but i dont.)
I'm FULLY aware that its not ALL a scam.. but I do agree: WOULDNT IT BE HILARIOUS IF THIS WAS LIKE *THE PINNACLE* OF YEARS OF YEARS AND YEARS OF TESTING TO OBTAIN THIS GOAL...
Trust me... Im laughing in my monitor as I think about my paranoia... but the only thing worse than paranoid people is paranoid people who DONT KNOW they're paranoid and you have to put up with their verbal amebic dysentery(sp?)...
Im sure its fully legit. I eat all my words a thousand times over with a crowd watching. Happy? Good. Now just read the post again and laugh.
-
smile.gif
- -
smile.gif
- -
smile.gif
- -
smile.gif
-
im so glad these things dont cost money...
I rest my point that MAILING SUBSTANCES VIA REGISTERED MAIL IS ILLEGAL.
The comment was made that (and i'm paraphrasing here): "..I doubt mail that small would be opened..."
Um. OK. but the status of the package still remains, for the record, ILLEGAL.
The moral of the story is do not build your house out of straw and DO NOT PUT A RETURN TO SENDER ADDRESS ON THE BACK...
smile.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ever wondered where they send the faulty people for repair?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[This message has been edited by #K9# (edited 05 July 2001).]