Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Your Opinions of Dexies

chopped

Bluelighter
hey everyone, a friend of mine recently found some ritalin he had in cupboard from about 3 years ago. so we decided to take some, weve been taking a fair bit of it lately, i usually pop a few them ill sit at my desk and study for hours and hours.
i just wanted to know anyones opinions of them and what they think of them.

Um...yeah. Ritalin and Dexamphetamine are 2 different things. I have never before had Ritalin. But ont he other hand Dexies are great. You don't need shitloads of them and they work a treat. They have about 5 times the CNS stimulation of speed, but you dont get the PNS stimulation. The PNS stimulation gives you all the body rushes and 'side effects'. Dex is designed to minimise these 'side efects' so it can be used clinically. So while you may not seem to be rushing, you are really going, but can't feel it as much.
Have I left anything out here guys?
Cheeers,
DB

"dexedrine" = Dextroamphetamine Sulfate
"ritalin" = Methylphenidate HCl
Two completely different chemicals. Both are cerebral and respiratory stimulants.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I think dexies are good for what they are, provided you don't take them too often.

the comedown for dexies (after a night out on em) is a lot worse than a comedown off wizz.. imho..
could be just me though.. but dexies give me a really bad upset stomach while on em and also after.. whereas speed just gives me a mild upset stomach after..

This thread seems to pop up every 2 months or so.
I'm sooo over dexies.
I've said it once and I'll say it again, the comeup just aint worth the comedown. Great to keep u buzzin for studyin or keeping u awake at night but thats about the limit of there use. Unless u wanna lose a shitload of weight and endure the comedowns from hell.

dexies are nothing more than a cheap high.
that is why there good.
ive just had my hours at work cut down so basically its all i can afford.
but they're good cos they give ya heaps of energy to dance, but make u pretty jumpy at the same time.
but for a lack of more money, u can still have a wiked night on them. Some of the best raves ive been to have jus been on dexies, cos the people and the atmosphere keep u pumped. But if once i have the money again, of course i'm gonna get something better
smile.gif

I second any praise towards dexies
smile.gif

I had only 5 dexies at sonik and had a mad night, dancing hard non stop. IMO Dexies are good in small numbers, 2-6 gives good effects.
------------------
You have to run as fast as you can just to stay where you are.
If you want to get anywhere you'll have to run much faster.
--Lewis Carroll

Yeah, I agree with Acid Reign. No more than 5. 4 does me very well, and even 2 or 3 is good. I had 4 at fundamental and was going allt he way 'till the end. And that's rare these days.
DB

I really like dexes. I'd go as far as to say there better than speed. Maybe I've only had shit stuff, but with speed I found after the inital buzz/rush I don't get nearly as much energy as I do from dexes

IMO it say boils down to personal preference.
People who r more in tune to a mental high are likely to appreciate dexies more than those who need to have there body going a million miles an hour, to feel appreciable effects.
Its similar to comparing those who love the feel of a modest dose of clean MDMA, and those who must have a "headfuck".
(note: i am not implying that people who dont like dexis r the latter group; two separate classes; obviously MDMA is very much a body and mind drug)
It also would depend on what u have grown up with. I for instance began having dexies a long time before i ever tried speed, so i think i am more in tune with what they can do; compared to others anyway.
The ability to snort does give speed a big edge. But if ur mind is stimulated i believe thats all u need to stimulate ur body.
Cost vs effect, there is no comparison.
Now if your speed = meth then it is not fair to compare. They r 2 different substances with one vastly superior to the other.
And if u look at Australia's drug producing capabilities meth should be produced more than u would think; more than amphetamine.
People who like the mental high of dexies also may appreciate the effects of 4-MAR better than others; which i have found when comparing my opinion of it to friends expecting an insane body buzz.
Each to their own.

"Now if your speed = meth then it is not fair to compare. They r 2 different substances with one vastly superior to the other.
And if u look at Australia's drug producing capabilities meth should be produced more than u would think; more than amphetamine"
im a little confused, are u saying speed and meth litterally are different substance?
and are u saying meth isnt produced more than amphetamine?

Love 'em!! Dance all night with no come-down, and so cheap!! I never study on them though, 'cos even though you concentrate for ages, you don't retain anything that you've learned. I save them for assignments.

No;
I consider Speed to imply AMPHETAMINE. (the DL kind)
Dexis = dextro = D-amphetamine (a pure source of only the D type which is responsible for the "mental" effects. Having the L in there too, gives added "body" effects too)
METH = METHYLAMPHETAMINE
But obviously the term "speed" could apply to any of these drugs, and even a combination.
So who really knows what u r getting; unless its specifically called "meth";
or obvious from its apperance => that being crystal meth, ice (but who knows what that one is
smile.gif
smile.gif
) or something similar.
As for production i just think quite a lot of meth is produced rather than ordinary amphetamine. Ask people who live in Brisbane
smile.gif

Also most backyard/bathroom jobs u hear about use the pseudoephedrine route, and that produces METH.
So my overall point was if in reality much of the speed people get IS meth, than its unfair for people to compare "speed" and dexies. (its like comparing MDEA and MDMA; of course one is better than the other)
[This message has been edited by Biscuit (edited 18 June 2001).]