• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Opinions wanted: Why did GHB+BB make me feel sick.

shank

Bluelighter
I am actualy referring to 14b when i say G.
Had 20mls of G, followed by 10mls and hour later. Was no problem was nice and Gd up. About 90mins after the 10mls dropped a BB, the blue/green ones going around Sydney at the moment. There only seems to be one batch goin arond at the moment so that is them. 40mins later the still feeling the G when the BB starts to kick in. No problems then. 10mins later BB really kicking in, and everything is fucken sweet, when boom, it hits ya ya stomach just wont take it anymore and wants toi reject everything in it. So for the next 15mins am sitting down attempting to spew all the time but nothing is coming out. The after 15mins, tis gone, as though nothing ever happened am fin, dont feel sick and get on with the rest of my night. I did also have some speed somewhere along the line in there as well while i was just on the G. The speed was ok though it was just base cut with glucose so i dont think that was a problem.
Anyone got any ideas as to why this happened. Ohh yeh and it didnt just happen to me same thing happened to mate who did exactly the same as me.
last time i had G and pilz. i had had several hqs and before having the G and had no problems at all. Wasnt sick at all anytime.
Only thing i can think of causing this to happen was somthin in the BBs that didnt go well with the G. Still the 15mins of feeling sick is worth the rest of the time feeling fucken awesome, so id probably do it again.
Anyway opinions welcome. Any insights into the situation.
smile.gif

------------------
I see u laidher.

well depending how strong the pill was, that may have been all that made you feel sick.
speaking for me, any pill i consider 'strong' ie no double dropping needed, makes me feel sick. most of the time even throw up - about 45-1hr after dropping it.
i figure if you feel sick, then do it. feel a whole lot better afterwards.
lots of G (or 1,4BD in this case) can make you feel ill and vomit as well.
-shrug- as you say, 15 mins feeling a bit queasy is not a lot compared to the hours of ... far from feeling bad, that you would have experienced im thinking.
HC

hehe the bb's were duuurty pills shanko. i dint like em much. too legless... unclean like the HQ. enough to make your stomach churn by themselves.
------------------
a : "i feel like a big mushy potato."
b : "i feel like the michelin man."

When was the last time you had anything to eat? Because what you took isn't the easiest on the stomach at the best of times... maybe it was just too much for you at this particular time?

I think the BB's were probably what made you spew, the chemical nature of the G probably just added to the problem, had you had the same G on other occaisions?
I had 3 BB's last weekend and felt amazing, I personally found them to be a lot cleaner than the original orange HQ's. However 3 of my friends who also had these pills - (1 each) were all sick, 2 to the point of vomitting, one of them on multiple occaisons. They still enjoyed themselves though!

Ok, I have done a little reseach on the phenomena of MDMA induced nausea... I believe I have a tentative hypothesis. This is a bit of a read, sorry.
First we must examine the blood-brain barrier. Here is a definition:
blood-brain barrier - The barrier (boundary) that excludes many molecules and substances from freely diffusing or being transported into the brain tissues from the blood stream; serves a protective function.
If a drug is going to act on the brain, it must pass from the blood into the extracellular fluid that surrounds neurones in the brain. The capillaries in the brain are much less porous than those in other tissues. In addition, they are tightly surrounded by the fatty membranes of a certain variety of gial cells. The tight capillary walls and the surrounding gial cells from the blood-brain barrier, which helps to protect the brain from poisons and any toxins present in the body. To act on the brain, a drug must be able to pass through this barrier. In general, fat soluble substances pass through easily, other substances may or may not pass through depending on their chemistry. Marijuana is a good example of a fat soluble substance that crosses the barrier, as is Nitrous oxide. Other substances that must pass through must generally be very small in molecular structure. Alcahol is the prime example here.
Ok, thats sorted... Lets get to the relevant part.
Not all parts of the brain are covered by the blood brain barrier. In particular there is one area known as the postrema among others. Since the postrema is not subject to the protection of the barrier, foreign substances like drugs reach it much more rapidly than the rest of the brain. The postrema is implicated as having a role in detecting the precence of toxins in the blood, and eliciting a reaction (nausea and or vomiting) before the toxin can cross the blood-brain barrier. This has already been viewed as a primary reason behind the inital nauseous reaction to the administration opiates, here is a link that provides more info on this.
My guess as to why MDMA can cause some initial nausea on come-up is thus:
MDMA enters the bloodstream, and quickly diffuses into the postrema while it is still slowly crossing the blood brain barrier. The postrema identifies the MDMA as a foreign toxin, and elicits a nauseous response in an attempt to cause vomiting in order to expell any remaining toxin from the body. However the MDMA continues to cross the blood brain barrier, bringing the rest of the brain into equilibrium with the postrema, and eventually stopping the nauseous response. By this stage, you should be flying. I believe that you could probably do alot to decrease the initial nausea of come-up by taking a smaller initial dose, and spacing the rest out. This would lower the sudden 'rush' of MDMA to the postrema and could lessen the nauseous sensation.
In conclusion, the 'ill' feeling is nothing to really worry about, its just a natural bodily reaction that should pass.
I should also add here that most of this is theory based on alot of ancecdotal evidence. The pieces fit, but I am not any kind of final authority on this... Take it with a relatively sized grain of salt if you please.
wink.gif

------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...

Thanks Thoth. Very good info there. Might very well have been the cause of my problem.
Only thing is i have have had many of these BBs over the last few weeks and have neva had the problem before. So i am guessing it has be from combining the drugs together.
Shankos signing out
p.s. tis durty tis gewd. tis clean tis gewd, tis all good.
------------------
I see u laidher.

Interesting information. Helps to explain the dry reaching and vomitting some people get when taking strong pills. I remember getting that "ill" sick stomach feeling coming up on Yonnex a few times. And while on the subject of BB's making you ill, I railed halves before Hard Kandy a few weeks back and shortly after leaving the car felt "ill" and found I had to leave that nights dinner in a trash receptical. As a rule of thumb, if the pill is strong, you should get the spits!

This maybe slightly off topic (mia culpa) but it's regarding 1,4b and pills...i've had pills, followed by ghb, and it blew my mind (in a good way!), but the other weekend, we had 1.5 pills (pink ladies) followed by 1,4b...and it scattered the hell out of me. i didn't have this reaction with ghb.
to set the scene, we were playing this word game called the ministers cat.
Me "the ministers cat is an erect cat"
HC "ahh, we are up to Y"...
Me " oh, errr, what was i saying again??"
...i'm never like that when i have a pill, or a pill with ghb...is there any reason why 1,4b would do that, or has anyone else experienced this?

samadhi: Yes, 1,4b seems to scatter me up like no tomorrow. As in...your attention span is seriously about 5 - 10 seconds. You forget half way through your sentence what you are talking about, and no one else can remember either. VERY frustrating. And for some reason, I never get that on GHB-OH. I never forget what I am talking about, and we usually have some pretty deep conversations (as deep as they get when ur scatty
wink.gif
)
As for the upset stomach on the pills, thoth, that info was great. Did you eat anything beforehand? Maybe that contributed to it?

ROFL! Ministers Cat... hehehe ahh the memories...
I always feel sick on 1,4b or GHB if I have an empty stomach... This means that if I'm slighty hungry when I have my first dose, by the time the 3rd rolls around, my stomach is empty but I'm not really aware of it, and so I feel sick when I take the dose... It's a real pain if I take a pill too, 'cos then I can't really eat, and have to force myself to get something in my stomach...

Looks like it was the 1,4B then samadhi.
hehehe i think we were all scattered as scatter-monkeys, but i think you were the one saying the most hence ... err.... made... errr... more of an .... errr ..... fool of yourself??
wink.gif

but in a good way of course...
-removes foot from mouth-
mind you all those cones wouldn't have helped the cause
smile.gif

ahh the memories.
peace
HC
"And so my mum went and... ... hang on.. what was i talking about?"
"have no idea. its your story". - x1000 thruough the night hehehe

DOn't blame the BB's, so many people say bad pills when they chuck (there just not used to good strong pills and have a low tolerance).. Chucking means you took too much!.. try half next time... And drinking Tape cleaning fluid aint going to make your stomache feel any better.
smile.gif

BB's were clean MDMA.. simple.
Chem

Trouble: The ministers cat rocks! WOrd games whilst pilling are great fun...
the rules are simple...someone starts by saying "the ministers cat is a ______ cat"...you use an adjective starting with A. The next person then thinks of an adjective starting with B. ie "the ministers cat is a boisterous cat" you go through the alphabet. Alternatively, you keep going through a till you can't think of anymore, then start on b.
it's quite fun for a simple game...but don't attempt after having pills and 1,4b..
wink.gif

Tarsy: Yeah, we played the ministers cat down the coast underneath the blanket of unreality!!!!!!!!
ROLMFAOA!!!!!!!

Hi,
I am sure it was definately BB's a friend felt like that at PVD after droping BB, mind u though it was his 3rd pill for the night. But never heard G doing anything like that to anyone before.

The ministers cat was a (cant think of anythign starting with x or z) cat.
And chemical_night dont go telling me to try a half. Dont go around telling people what dosages to have when u have no idea what there experience or tolerances are. People know there own limits etc and work this stuff out for themselves and should be sensable enough to do so. If u read up higher a bit it mightve stopped u from typing that. And dont take offence i dont mean it that way i am just saying somthing i think should be said.
------------------
I see u laidher.

shank:
the ministers cat was a "xenophobic' cat.
the ministers cat was a "zen" cat
hehehe
wink.gif

HC
Its gold for HappyCamper! yes.. lets see that again! (getting OT here. sorry!)

didn't we actually use those ones on the weekend HC???
it went:
"the ministers cat is a xenophobic cat"
big pause
"the ministers cat is an erect cat"
"we're up to Y"
"oh"
....hehe
...er, what was i saying again???

i think this calls for a new thread.
To Social! Into the breach dear friends! To the new thread! 'Word Games' (or similar.. unsure yet as i have yet to start the thread).
later
HC