Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ever been busted by cops ?

mOO

Bluelighter
Hey i was just wondering whether anyone had any experiences with the law with pills and other drugs... i was at a rave a few weekends ago, and cops were full on searching ppl and they rocked up at nearby car parks and did complete frisks of ppl they found in cars... what would be the best thing to do if you got caught? Call a lawyer ??
[This message has been edited by mOO (edited 07 June 2001).]

Agreed, do not say a word (except for the name/address thing). They must not only show that you had possession of the drugs, they must show you had knowledge. Very hard point to prove when they must show it beyond reasonable doubt, and you haven't said a thing. I would think 80% of convictions occur due to the convicted saying something incriminating.
If they are determined to question you, do not say a word (name/address excluded), but ask that you have a lawyer present...
The other thing is that generally you the police powers to search you are much greater when you are in a car or they have seen you in a car. Best to keep away from cars when you know there are police around.
Good luck
------------------
caution: raver pr0n involving elmo... (884Kb)

Ok it's like this:
Supplying - includes giving or selling one pill, one gram, etc something small usually for no profit between friends.
Charge is aggravated (made worse) if to
-a minor
- intellectually handicapped
-within a school
- someone without their knowledge
Trafficking - carrying on a business of selling drugs
- must be proven to be business conduct, eg organising delivery, taking a profit, etc. Usually for larger quantities, although a one off sale can be construed as trafficking.
Possession - elements of knowledge and control.
- to prove the drugs are in your possession it must be shown that you knew of the drugs, and you either had control, or intended to exercise control over the drugs. Not knowing the type of drugs, or that it was a drug is not a defence.
As for search powers, cops only have to reasonably suspect that you have drugs, a weapon, something illegal on your person.
So, advice is thus: If caught - keep quiet! Name, address - that's it - get a lawyer in there before you incriminate yourself, your friends, and anyone else.
Ok, hope that helps. If there's anything else, just ask.

OK. Past experiences. Hide your pills IN YOUR UNDERPANTS! the cops, by law, cannot strip you down any further than your daks. To do this they have to obtain warrants and all that shit. If your lucky and your riding in the paddy wagon, loose them. Even on the floor. If cops find pills (or whatever) in your car you can say they are not yours, must have been a friend you picked up. Name as many people as you like as long as no one fesses up. You can have up to 22 pills for personal consumption, so if you have less and they do get discovered, bite the bullet and say they're yours and your addicted to them.
My best advice is to give your name, address and phone number and say NO MORE until you get legal advice.

I'm sorry but most of that post is bollocks.
Personal consumption levels are objectively determined by the trial judge, and convinving him that 20+ pills were for personal use is an arduous task to say the least.
As for claiming addiction - get your studies ready about ecstacy causing addiction.. hey wait up, there aren't any!
As for hiding them in your daks or dropping them in the paddy wagon.. linking shit found in the paddy wagon to you would be a very easy, especially if you had already sold pills/ been caught with other pills.
As for the daks, well when you're in shit, expect a cop to shine his torch down the front of your daks.. its the oldest trick in the book.
must have been a friend you picked up. Name as many people as you like as long as no one fesses up
This is the worst advice ever. If the drugs are proven to be yours - you are looking at supply to all your friends, possibly trafficking depending on the quantity.
Your friends will now be watched or picked up, then can have their house, car, etc searched, do you know a few people who that might seriously fuck over?
If its your "personal" 20 pills, you are still incriminating yourself and your friends by showing the knowledge and control elements of possession. Just because you claim the drugs are someone else's doesn't mean you can't be convicted.
Please don't claim experience on the topic unless:
A) you or a close friend have been arrested, had close run in with the law;
B) you are a legal professional.
Add something by all means, but claiming experience is bollocks.
Guys, as said before - name, address. THAT'S IT!!
Anything more you say incriminates yourself, your friends and increases the charges. Get a lawyer and let him/her do the talking, because they know where to tread and what to say. The lawyer will consult with you alone before questioning and find out the extent of the shit you are in, and will be able to work out what is best for you.
If picked up, it can be frightening and definately catch you off guard, but please, for your own and your friend's benefit keep your mouth shut!

hey thanks everyone for replying.. sure was helpful.. i always thought if i got caught i would pretend to be like real insecure and just doing it coz of peer pressure and to look cool or something.. i thought if u were uncooperative.. the cops would want to nail u more.. but if u were more truthful they might just let you off.. but i guess i'm wrong ? they cracking down pretty hard at raves in perth.. especially all ages one.. cops everywhere doing searches.. kinda sucks!

I know of someone that got caught with 94. He hired a QC and got the charge dropped to possession
smile.gif
Money well spent... and where did all the money for a QC come from? Piggy bank I guess. There's also cases where people caught with 10 have been charged with sell/supply. If you do sell pills, keep them in one baggie!! Something the judge will definitely ask the prosecuting officer on your judgement day is "Were in separate bags mayte?" If they are.... you're going to be leaving society in the next 30minutes.
Oh yeah... an advantage of court appointed lawyers is that they're there every day. And hence they know the judges. My brother's court appointed was able to tell him how "this judge put someone in jail yesterday for carrying a lot less than whot you got caught with, he's a real bastard" That combined with wanting to set an example to the year 12 law class that was observing that day made for good reason to defer his case! (My bro was never a DD... he just got caught with an oz. of weed that was for his own use)
$15 court appointed lawyers are a roll of the dice. Some are very funking good... some suck/don't care. If you are in a position where you're life can get fuct up (eg no more Visa applications, no chance of continuing/beginning the career of your choice) my advice is spend all the money you can on a lawyer. It sux, but to a large degree, you get what you pay for.
Supaspeed try to play nice ok? Everyone that posts advice is only trying to help out.

Moo: If they do want to search you, make sure that you get the police officers details and such. I had heard at one point of charges being dropped due to the police officer failing to wear a hat (can't confirm this tho). Also ask them the grounds on which they are performing the search (ie: what they suspect you of - but make sure not to incriminate yourself). Arrest's and searchings must be done to the letter of the law, so make sure you take note of everything that is going on.
Mind you, for any of it to be of use you will most likely need to spend a lot of money on lawyers (so you don't get a mindless hack like I'm likely to be
smile.gif
)..
------------------

I've been approached many times by people trying to sell me something, then when I say no, they say "So you have ecstasy on you?"
To which the obvious answer is no.
Has anyone else had similar experiences? Do the cops have to ask such blatant confessions before they can search you or something?

Does anyone know the # of pills V's severity of charge ratio??? e.g. getting caught with 1, as opposed to 4, or 8, or 10??? What is considered 'jail worthý?' I know it also depends on personal use / dealing etc. Basically, how many is too many??
This thread has been a good wake-up call for me. I need to be way more careful. I have never sold any, but I think I have carried enough to get myself in some big trouble. I think I had forgotten that taking drugs is illegal.

Att: SuperspeeD
22 pills is the LEGAL amount you can have and still say they are for personal consumption.
In saying your adicted and the studies they have conducted..
quote "there arent any" is exactly the point. No one can say if your really addicted or not.
And I would appreciate experience not being called bollocks. I was passing on my advice and what has happened to me in the past.
If pills are found in your car, as long as they are not found on you, they cannot claim they are yours and charge you. When you say, they are not mine.. thats all you say. You've never seen them before and you dont know how they got there.
Without sufficient evidence that you were personally holding the goods, they have no grounds. They will try, I might add. The outcome can vary.
That comes from someone who has experience and legal knowledge.
THANKYOU SUPASPEED.
But I will say, you r 100% right in saying "keep your mouth shut!"

Fukchoops: Don't worry too much, on a general level the cops aren't too interested in people on the user level. If you are going to hand out to mates etc, try and make sure to do it before you go out, then at least you are only going to get done for possession if they do find any (as long as you keep quiet). I know here in Melb that cops aren't really interested in nailing the users (I have on occasion dropped with them looking over the crowd - they won't go after you because it's impossible to prove once you have nothing on you - it was a tic tac officer
smile.gif
).
blufluffybunny: I don't think the 22 pill limit applies here (well not vic anyway). I'm pretty sure that here the level of crime is more guided by your intent. As supaspeed said trafficking can be determined by the sail of a single pill - it's more a matter of what evidence the police have. On the other hand as entropope stated you can show that 100 pills is just merely possession. It all depends on the circumstances.
pseudoSym: The cops to search you must have a reasonable belief that you have committed a crime or are about to. If you answer yes to such a question, then they have every right to search you. Basically never admit to anyone that you have anything on you, you can however crap on about what you've just had with relative immunity.
Good Luck
smile.gif

------------------

I'm pretty sure that if the gear is found in your car and you deny knowledge of it you can still get charged with possession.
------------------
But who needs a car, when you've got a pogo stick

Having said all of that..
Does that mean that when i'm off my tits and go up to someone and in my friendly e-tarded spirits ask "What are you on?" and then they answer and say "What about you?" and i tell them "# hq's, couple lines of speed" and that person is a police officer, can they fuck me over for this?
Also, say a cop does come up to you and searches you, if you have your pills in like, your sock, would if just be wiser to give them up straight away, or let them work for the bikkies?
Ta
------------------
Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought an idiot than to open it and forever remove all doubt

Babu: Always make the cops work. An example of this is if they find pills in your jacket pocket. They have to prove that you knew they were there and that they weren't put there by the person in the cloak room. Never ever, ever admit anything. Name, address and ask for a lawyer are about it (except if your game ask for officers name/number and what they suspect you of). If they ask you to do something that sounds iffy, just refuse until such time that you have a lawyer.
I'm not completely clear on whether admitting you have just taken drugs is a provable offence. Generally stay on the safe side, and never admit that you are going to have more later. Don't worry too much, just trust your judgement.
------------------

When people say "don't say anything" (which is good advice), what happens next? After you give your name and address, and ask for a lawyer, do you just stand there and grin like an idiot until a lawyer drives over to where ever you are at 4 in the morning? (<-- Sarcasm alert! Serious question below)
wink.gif

After I give my details and ask for a lawyer, are the cops going to throw me in the van and take me to the station? Will they officially charge me and let me walk home with a piece of paper and a court date?
Do I have the right to refuse a search, and if I do refuse, could that be used against me to indicate that I had something to hide?
Sorry if these have been answered before, but if they were then I must have missed the info. I'll just go re-read the post now...
wink.gif

Thanks...
smile.gif

what a good thread...in response to the person who said something along the lines of "i forgot drug taking was illegal"...agreed, it just seems so acceptable in society these days we are all forgetting its illegal. kinda freaky...this threads made me more aware of the tricks cops use...
its also really freaky knowing that people in our favorite clubs we talk to and think we trust when out...may be just undercovers trying to catch us off guard. ah!!! :p

Undercover 'D's. They are fairly easy to spot as far as I'm concerned... I waltzed up to a group of my friends who were waiting for me outside sublime last night. As I walked up to them I opened the conversation with "If I were D i'd follow 'him', 'him', and 'her'" (pointing out three ppl who, in one pass of the wharf area, id managed to identify were trying to deal)
It's the obvious people like that that have the trouble. While we ourselves sat there on the wharf a short while later I noticed a guy who was alone and so not dressed for clubbing but was studying much of what was going on around him. He seemed keenly interested in our little group as every one was anxious to get their bikkies off me that i'd collectively brought in for everyone, and as such they were sort of creating this 'huddle effect'. I casually told my mates that I thought the guy directly behind them was a D and could they please back off a bit. Later we were approached by a 'dodgy' looking sort and his friend who were obviously 'doing the rounds' and asked us if we were "right for pills..?" We said we were set. But sure enough...as they moved on, our little lone friend hopped up and form a distance we watched him go all the way around the corner of cockle bay, past HOME and sitting down each time the two guys stopped and offered anyone pills...(a few of the newbies in our group were like "Oh my god.. how could you tell..? etc")
Its not hard for an assertive person to spot.
And its even easier to see it when they actually try to talk to you.
DONT BE OBVIOUS.
POLICE DONT HAVE THE TIME AND EFFORT TO SEARCH EVERY 'MICK AND SUSAN' THEY SEE. THEY LOOK FOR SIGNS. IF YOU DONT GIVE ANY, THEY WONT WORRY ABOUT YOU.

then again..
maybe he was just a punter looking for someone to score pills off.. but he didnt look it and this time im sure he was a D.
ur better safe than sorry..