• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Finally got some 5-HTP, Now when do I take it?

Steady Beat

Bluelighter
I finally got my 5-htp from www.healthy.co.nz (Thanks Mr.Horse), Now When do I take it? Before or after? And how much do I take? I have 50mg Tablets. I usually have 2-3 Pills in a night and sometimes get a little moody after a night out and find it hard to get to sleep.
------------------
Is he using 3 decks and a 909?

Check out this FAQ: http://www.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum32/HTML/000020.html?reload=4
It has a heap of info about pre- and post-loading
After messing around with dosages for a while this is what I've come up with:
100mg two nights before
150mg the night before
150mg after coming down before going to sleep
100mg the next night
It's a much smaller amount than suggested otherwise, but I've never really had much of a problem with comedowns, nor do I really get any huge benefits from pre-loading, so this is the dosage which works for me...
And I take it at night because it has a tendancy to make me slightly sleepy, as well as sometimes making me feel a little sick...

Tarsarlan, In what way do you feel sick? How long does the sickness last?
------------------
Is he using 3 decks and a 909?

I just ordered mine from Whole Health Discount Center (www.wholehealthdiscountcenter.com), I have ordered from them before with no problems and their price is a lot better than the NZ crowd (and their caps are 100mg not 50mg, coming in bottles of 60 not 30. Handy!)
Is there any way to be sure about the purity of each cap? I mean sure the cap might contain 100mg or 50mg or whatever, but that measurement doesn't mean much if the purity isn't specified. Or am I barking up the wrong tree here??

Just a mild pain in the stomach, nothing much really, only lasts about 15-30 mins... Not like a want to throw up or anything, just a mild annoying slight pain...
Eating first helps, though the bottle says to take it on an empty stomach... *shrug*
But it's not something everyone experiences tho, so take a couple and see for yaself
smile.gif

Must agree..
it advised to take it on empty but all of my friends who ive given it to have managed to actually 'gag'-throw up in the club when they drop a good strong MDMA pill after it.. Remember that 5HTP crosses the blood-brain barrier easier so the brain cant regulate the seretonin production.. too much seretonin can cause nausea (also a nasty syndrome) and disorientation but its not long lived...
SO EAT UP BIG on healthy stuff about 2-3 hours before you drop...
=K9=

um...just thought I would add a user report for 5-htp...
I wouldn't, and dont take 5-htp before MDMA, I find it lessens the effect of it. I wont comedown without 5-Htp, I think its a godsend and the benifits are well documented, but for some reason, and all of our crew feel the same, is that it seems to make the E seem a lot more short lived and less intense, so I say go for the 200mg AFTER you comedown, not before you take the pill.

*nods towards Horsey*
I wouldn't recommend taking 5HTP right before taking a pill, I'd say at least 8hrs, tho that's just from personal experience... Any closer and it either lessened the experience, or didn't really have any effect...
------------------
If you're a cowboy and you're dragging a guy behind your horse, I bet it would really make you mad if you looked back and the guy was reading a magazine.

ok, so i havn't tried pre-loading, as my boyfriend believes it to be dangerous (too much seretone is very dangerous).
but we only have 100mg when we get home from being out, then another 100mg theat night b4 we go to bed. scatterday is still scatterday, but all the days after that are fine.
cheers

Similar to Mr. Horse, I do find that 5-HTP pre-load mellows out the "come-up rush" of a pill slightly, by making it happen over a longer time. In the same manner, and in contrast to the experience of Mr. Horse, it's been my experience that the peak intensity is no less, and the peak duration is actually increased at times when I've pre-loaded with 5-HTP. People react differently to 5-HTP, however it's my belief that taking 5-HTP on the same day as MDMA is what causes the drop in intensity that some people experience.
5-HTP takes about 8 hours to work after you take it, so if you eat some on the day you're going to take MDMA, then the seratonin creating action of the 5-HTP may be at odds with the MDMA effects (making you feel sleepy, comfortable and relaxed while the MDMA is trying to amp you up and make you jump around). Similar to Tarsarlan's method, I've found that 100mg taken 2-nights before, and 200mg on the night before is an adequate pre-load (with some VitC and VitB6 to kick it along). Reverse that for post-load: 200mg (and multivitamins) taken upon returning home from the party, and 100mg the following day.
I do agree that the real benefit of 5-HTP is found in post-loading. This is where the harm minimisation side comes in, and is the reason why 5-HTP suppliers are one of the few online sources for anything we allow to be posted here.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Um i dont know about you guys , but it has never made me feel sick at all... Perhaps you should try getting caps that are "ecentric coated", that way they open in your intestines and don't cause upset.. Currently i have 2 bottles of tablets (ecentric coated), they are 50mg 60 tabs each and cost me about $45 AUS including shipping to get them (for total 120 50mg tabs - with vitamin b6 and vc as well). so 27.50 from New zealand for 30 50mg caps is a ripoff.
The last batch i got b4 these were 100mg caps and i got 60 for about $35 aus from iherb (now not shipping to aus).. I used to take BIGG doses of these and never felt sick at all. (im talking 300mg on comedown plus another 300mg later that night.)
I have recently found a place that does 60 100mg caps for about 17 US dollars.. not bad.

Very good point to mention, I've been meaning to bring it up for a while - thanks for the reminder
smile.gif

Alcohol actually inhibits the metabolism of 5-HTP.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------

if you can and want to preload do it like this, 100mg 3 days before, 100mg 2 days before. then thats it. If you dropped the previous week or have a bad diet you may find that preloading will increase your seritonin levels to higher levels that without them. As said before dont take it beforehand or during a roll, i try not to have it after 24 hours before a drop. Preload over days with smaller doses so your body can convert it effectivly.
[This message has been edited by Cowboy Mac (edited 08 June 2001).]

Luko: Sorry your question disappeared unanswered in there... (how can you tell the purity of the 5-HTP in the 100mg or 50mg caps).
Basically, the 100mg dose means each capsule contains an amount of the extract of griffonia simlicifolia seeds/beans that is equivalent to a delivered dose of 100mg of 5-HTP. So the 100mg actually represents the amount of 5-HTP you get, not the weight of powder in the capsule.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------