Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Na-GHB, K-GHB, GHB-OH and GBL……

Maxi

Bluelighter
Sorry about the long post…. But I really want to finally figure all this out.
It seems that quite a few people on BL have tried GHB in one form or another, all with differing opinions and results. What I want to do is find out the differences between the 4 types, as there is still a bit of misinformation going around.
The 4 types I am talking about are:
GBL - precursor to GHB
Na-GHB - most common for of ‘real’ GHB
K-GHB
GHB-OH – more commonly known as 1,4 Butanediol.
What I am mainly after is to distinguish the differences between the different types, so that we will all know what is being talked about when it is being mentioned.
GHB-OH – I have tried this on MANY occasions, and it has a chemically taste. Personally, I found that it gave me more of a head-fuck than anything. (no tactile, body sensation, etc) Although some people I’ve talked to have differing opinions. This is the more common variety and I’m sure most people know what I’m talking about.
When we used to have it, we had doses of about 15-17mL (I weight 70kgs) and re-doses of half of that.
It is the next three that I am not too sure about.
Firstly, we used to get what we thought was GBL, diluted in water. (GBL reacts spontaneously with H2O until it reaches an equilibrium that is both GBL and GHB (don’t know which one))
This stuff tasted SALTY… kinda like double salted licorice. In the concentration that we had it in, it took about 1mL per 10kgs. The effects we probably the closest I have ever felt to MDMA… still gave a head-fuck, but more loved-up. It also made my body very sensitive, and gave shadows (ie: after piggy-backing someone, I could still ‘feel’ them on my back for some time.)
Also, if about, say 1mL or so too much was taken, it would normally give a nauseous feeling that USUALLY went after 10-15 mins.
Re-doses were usually around 50-75% of the original dose.
Next we got some stuff that was VERY similar to the salty stuff. Though it smelt of floor polish and also tasted slightly soapy. (It still had a bit of a salty taste)
We assumed that it was just a different synth, as we read that you can synth a form of GHB from floor cleaner/polish (???)
This stuff was less potent and re-doses of equal (one time it needed 125%) amounts were needed.
So, can people please post what they have tried, what it tasted like and the effects, dosages and any other information that they might have.
Maxi

GHB-OH is what is most common as it is not illegal at the moment and is quite available and is 1,4B. It has the chemical taste and needs to be converted by your poor liver into GHB.
K-GHB is still GHB but is produced by reacting potassium as the salt. This is the one with the licorice taste. It does not need to be broken down and is not toxic to your system.
Na-GHB is the common GHB and is made with Sodium Hydroxide. This is the one that tastes salty and is more common than K-GHB. It does not need to be broken down and is not toxic to your system.
GBL is used as a floor cleaner and is used as a precursor for GHB when reacted with either K or Na.
Read up on erowid about it if you need to know more.. hope that sorted it out for you.
------------------
"in essence, its all good"

Erowid dowsnt really distinguish between Na and K GHBs.
What i want to know is... differnet effects, tastes etc. coz i have tried two (and possible three) different substances and want to know what they are.
re: Licorice taste and salty taste... from the ones i have had, they are one and the same. please read my post again.

GBL and GHB-oh both taste like your drinking tape cleaning fluid.. Cause you are!!.
k-ghb and na-ghb both tatse salty and have no smell at all realy.
the two compounds are simply made by either combining gbl with NAoh (sodium hydroxide), or gbl with Koh)
Chem.

Come on people... i know that there are many more G-whores than this lurking abouts.
Maxi

oh, but there are maxi, there are
wink.gif

Maxi (and the rest of you) when talking dosing its important not to think of it in terms of mil's. eg I had 10mils of this stuff and 15mils of the other.
Try to think of it in grams per litre and go from there. By saying you had 10mil of something which was really good and 15mil of something which wasn't as strong doesn't make much sense when the 10mil dose may have a concerntration 150g/ltr and the and 15mil may only be 100g/ltr.
The benchmark I use for a beginning dose (which may/may not be the same for everyone but I've found it to be an excellent middle ground) is 15mil of 125g/ltr.
Luv Soma.

Fully agree, but that only works when the concentration is known (ie: 1,4,b)
Mainly I was using the mL as an example and as a basic way of showing concentration. ie: if i need 10mL to get off, and someone else needs 25mL to get off, chances are it is different concentration.
I think you know what i am trying to get at??
Maxi