Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

mushroom identification

NiQu3LorD

Ex-Bluelighter
Okay so it's gold tops that are around melbourne. Okay, so it's 'gold tops'. Gold top textas?, Gold top snow men? Gold top cars?
I mean I've looked at lots of field guides over time, and the link off erowid dealing in particular with Australia and it's States & territories, psilocyben cubensis and subcubensis are the only ones reffered to as 'Gold tops', and it says they aren't aaarrrrroun Melbourne & Victoria - So could someone give me a species name if you know it.
Everyone says take someone "knowledgable" to identify the things, but what troubles me is this: the extent of most of those same peoples knowledge is that theyre 'Gold Tops'.
I mean HELLO, Is there ANYTHING SUBSTANCIAL "UPSTAIRS"?
Secondly, I've read where the only way where you cold discern between a certain safe shroom and a deadly one is via spore prints, so tell me a knowledgable hobbiest who happens to have been lucky enough to have avoided swallowing a liver-fuck during past 3yrs they have trotted out to their backyard would be any help if you need to check spore prints to be 100%.
In any case; post aims:
1. To get a species name.
2. Anything else you'd like to input after I was so cynical.
3. Someone email or ICQ me dammit!lol
smile.gif

cyaz,
Simon
------------------
Niques Wisdom
- Don't ever try your best, it's the first step to failure.
-It is far better to be pissed off than pissed on.
-If someones life is in danger, do not help them, this will almost always bring you to the same fate.

Info from The Shroomery
Psilocybe subaeruginosa
Found throughout Australia and regions nearby. Grows solitary or in groups on soil in forests.
CAP
Diameter: up to 5 centimeters
Colour: "biscuit brown", darker when wet
Appearance: conical with inturned edge when young, becomes convex when older
STEM
Diameter: relatively thin
Length: up to 10 centimeters
Colour: white with occasional grey/blue/green blotches
Appearance: traces of veil may remain as a small ring
GILLS
Form: closely spaced, may be attached to stem
Colour: smoky brown/black
SPORES
Colour: purplish brown
Size: 10-15 x 5-9 x 5-9 micrometers
Shape: ellipsoid, with germ pore
Disclaimer: Don't blame me if you die eating this, I'm only regurgitating information. I've never seen one of these in real life.
smile.gif

had some mushies on monday. the tops are generaly a pale yellow, sometimes brownish if theyve been rained on. The tops do sometimes kind of shimmer golden. The underside is BROWN, there some other mushies that look similar but the underside is pale yellow, you dont want to eat these.
PLEASE when you pick shrooms, flick the tops befor you pick, so the spores fall out, and dont pull out the roots. This way they will grow back next year
wink.gif

had some mushies on monday. the tops are generaly a pale yellow, sometimes brownish if theyve been rained on. The tops do sometimes kind of shimmer golden. The underside is BROWN, there some other mushies that look similar but the underside is pale yellow, you dont want to eat these.
PLEASE when you pick shrooms, flick the tops befor you pick, so the spores fall out, and dont pull out the roots. This way they will grow back next year
wink.gif

Psilocybe subaeruginosa definitely occur in the Melbourne area. The caps are gold and when you crush the stem, it turns blue in under 5 minutes...

The stem will turn blue just about instantaneously when crushed, unless they are completely dried out.
Be wary of mushies that are much larger than the ones you are finding, as there is a type of mushie that doesn't squeeze blue, but looks similar albeit usually larger.
most of all - happy hunting.