• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Its Exam Time and I'm Quitting Weed for 3 weeks Until it's Over Moral Support Thread

mona

Bluelight Crew
I think the subject line said it all!
Is anyone else going cold turkey in a last minute attempt at salvaging at least SOME of knowledge they didnt retain during the year but at least had the good sense to take notes on?
I know I know.. this has been done before. Typical yeah.. but hey, we all need somebody to lean on sometimes..
wink.gif

i am attempting to not take any substances while in the exams period.. but idon't quite think i am going to make it... considering i am planning on heading down to canberra to see steve lawler... *sigh*... this may be intersting...
------------------
Drugs are not the answer... Drugs? is the question... Yes is the answer.

good luck, I couldn't face an exam without a couple of cones! and the one I did last year was my worst one! sorry, thats crap support... QUIT HARD!
------------------
A good pill should give you sore feet!

yakis birfday was meant to be my last night on anything...and was until the other night when i decided i needed a dart at about 1am, called up a friend and convinced her to brave the outside cold wiff me, we got down there, i reach into my deck, and whipp out a big phat j (remnants from yaki birfday
wink.gif
)
damn its hard tryin to be a good boy!
------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

I don't smoke so can't say I've been in your shoes, but regardless I will say good luck with it, and I expect good marks from you at the end, 'cos I'm sure you can earn em...
*offers support*

Do it, its tough it won't be easy. I'm on a 1 month drugsbreak myself. Ending this weekend wooohoo!

Personally I think it's a bad time to give up smoke comletely. Cutting down is good, but if it results in sleepless nights...I don't know. If you smoke heaps, then giving up on study week may not give you much of an edge.
My exams start tomorrow. I'm totally unprepared (as usual). It may have to do with trepidation over some media presentation thing....
Read, Recall and Relax- Good luck & HD's all
phase_dancer

See, I've prepared for the sleepless nights, that's why it's actually 1 week before exams now... i figure the 1st week is the hardest. Last night was fine though. I just have to learn to stay up later than i normally do (ie later than 10.30 heehehe) then I just get naturally tired, rather than passing out from weed tired.

well i usually have a strict policy of going cold turkey on the weed (admitadly during semester im only 3 or 4 times a week anyway, down from 3 or 4 times a day on hollidays) about 5 ot 6 weeks before study week, but this semester has been a bit of a shambles. i had a smoke last weekend which has left me two weeks to get my motivations levels up, but all seems going ok with my study.
organic chemistry? i've been studying that for fun and am on a 97.5% going into the exam..
fluid mechanics? now that is what i need my brain for.
good luck everyone for exams, and good luck mona for reducing the green input.
just remeber, its only 3 weeks, and after that, there will be a big spliff in your bag waiting for you to finish the last exam..
nothing better than lighting up on campus 2 metres from your exam venue
smile.gif

my advice for reducing any cravings? well they arent cravings really anyway are they, they are simply just your mind wandering onto the thought of smoking cos your bored... i find when im studying my hardest (like this week ill be putting in 13 hour days every day in the library) i dont even have a chance to think about smoking
smile.gif

good luck and big up
dirtybeatnik
p.s. i must admit my cigarette smoking increases expodentially (from very very litle to way to fucking much) every exam period.... a substitute? maybe im just keeping my lungs tough?
smile.gif

Im have also quitt all substances for 3 weeks or so until exams have finished.
Then im gonna destroy myself
smile.gif

Jakoz, you know how I said that Fundamental was gonna be my last everything until after exams?? Whoops. I HAD to go to Sonik, 'cos my bro (tekboymike) was down from Karratha, and since I had to get "lollies" for him, I thought I'd get myself some too. Two weeks is just not enough time!! Anyone got any cramming tips??
H E L P ! ! !

Willpower, willpower
smile.gif

OK... cramming tips? Take huge amounts os speed and study from now until 2 days before your exams start. Then take a huge amount of vitamins, a couple of sleeping pills, and sleep the next two days straight.
Presto... a month or so of cramming, and youre fresh as a daisy
smile.gif

I... um... dont plan on doing it myself tho.

Think I might go roll myself a dirty big fat blunt.
You'll get no sympathy from me
wink.gif

teeheehee.
T
------------------
"Drugs work"

This isn't what u want to hear,
but anyway
Stopping smoking in the week of your exams isn't going to help you much, may even make things worse.
It takes about 1 month to get rid of the droness and then about 6 months to be back to normal. (well thats how it was for me anyway)
But its good to see your trying, you memory improves soooooooooooo much.

This isn't what u want to hear,
but anyway
Stopping smoking in the week of your exams isn't going to help you much, may even make things worse.
It takes about 1 month to get rid of the droness and then about 6 months to be back to normal. (well thats how it was for me anyway)
But its good to see your trying, you memory improves soooooooooooo much.

I quit smoking bongs, and it was the best thing I ever did. My boyfriend, my brother and I all smoked bongs every single day for few years and since we stopped, life is so much better. If you do stop smoking, it'll make you wanna stop forever. I used to love bongs soooooo much, i thought they were the best, but trust me, straight life is so much better. You get your memory back, you actually wake up at normal times in the morning and can get out of bed with no worries. Your sex drive improves a hell of a lot. Exams are really important too, so there's no point in stuffing them up. Also, you will save soooo much money it's not funny. I was always out of money, and when I got it, it would be spent straight away on choof. I now have so many things I always wanted and can go out whenever I feel like it. Good luck, it is really hard at first, but when you realise how much better life is without them, you won't want them ever. We collect vinyls and I don't know if you like buying Cd's or what ever, but instead of buying a gram, buy a vinyl. You'll be amazed at how much shit you can get when you quit. GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!

I quit smoking bongs, and it was the best thing I ever did. My boyfriend, my brother and I all smoked bongs every single day for few years and since we stopped, life is so much better. If you do stop smoking, it'll make you wanna stop forever. I used to love bongs soooooo much, i thought they were the best, but trust me, straight life is so much better. You get your memory back, you actually wake up at normal times in the morning and can get out of bed with no worries. Your sex drive improves a hell of a lot. Exams are really important too, so there's no point in stuffing them up. Also, you will save soooo much money it's not funny. I was always out of money, and when I got it, it would be spent straight away on choof. I now have so many things I always wanted and can go out whenever I feel like it. Good luck, it is really hard at first, but when you realise how much better life is without them, you won't want them ever. We collect vinyls and I don't know if you like buying Cd's or what ever, but instead of buying a gram, buy a vinyl. You'll be amazed at how much shit you can get when you quit. GOOD LUCK AGAIN!!

yeeppppp, 'fraid i'm with T-Factor on this one mona ; just....rollin' myself a nice j right now....*inhales*...aaaaaahhhhhh yeah that's the stuff
wink.gif

*the voice of Weed God*
"Why try and desert the one who loves you Mona? What have we done to hurt you? Come back to us and all shall be forgiven
smile.gif
"
Mwwwuahahahahaahaaaa!

mmmmm yeh baby yeh!
------------------
fly high , but watch your head