• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

enlighten (melb) needs your help! PLEASE READ! =)

atomica

Bluelighter
hey ppl
smile.gif

most of you are familiar with enlighten and what we do, but incase you're not, we are the harm reduction group who do pill testing and drug education at parties.
well, we've got the ball rolling and done most of the hard work to get this thing started, but now we're getting more events coming up, we need some help!
we need ppl to help out at the stall at parties, as well as a bit of help with such things as web site content and producing our booklets, plus anything else that comes up.
so if you think you'd like to be part of something positive in our community, and help other ppl play safe (as well as meet lots of interesting ppl, not have to queue outside in the cold at venues, and have the undying admiration and respect of your peers
wink.gif
) pls volunteer!
we will hold an info session at some point prior to pharmacy on june 30th (where we will be testing). so if you think you might want to help, please come along and check it out!
pls reply and indicate what days/times you'd be able to come along. we traditionally hold our meetings on alternate thursday evenings, so if a thursday would suit everyone, that would be great! but we'll try and accomodate everyone.
we will have the meeting at jb's bar on victoria street, nth melbourne (near corner of howard st)
thanks for reading.. and check us out at www.enlighten-hr.org
=)

Atomica. I'm a big supporter of harm minimisation and such would have make myself available as a volunteer. Just about any day of the week is fine with me. I'm available after about 6pm most days. I can also be contacted on [email protected] for details.
[This message has been edited by Airwalk (edited 04 June 2001).]

Since I've been looking forward to drinking at jb's bar, and meeting him, though I know his first response to that would be "why on earth would you want to do that..."
wink.gif
count me in on the next meeting.
While in LA I also used to hang with Spencer, Poe, Andy (when he was around, busy man...), and some of the other dancesafe guys so I know what to expect.
Don't suppose there is any sort of volunteer faq, or similar? Some Q/A's, that may be an issue to some prospects (Answers at least from the guys I know at DS):
Q1: If I'm representing enlighten at a party, is it OK if I take drugs while on 'duty'?
A: Certainly NOT.
Q2: Are there any dangers, eg: from angry drug dealers who are trying to sell fake/dangerous pills? **
A: Forget about the legal dangers, this is the real danger. Let the police handle it if it happens, which is why Q1 is important.
cheers,
hux.
** has this every happened here? I know it has in SoCal.
btw: I have an Olympus C3000 dig. camera to use at events for pics. of tests if it's of use.
[This message has been edited by huxley (edited 04 June 2001).]

i knew i recognised your name huxley!! hehe didn't quite click where you were from
smile.gif

yea, well, dark and mysterious just doesn't work for me
biggrin.gif

apologies for hijacking the thread atomica, we now return you to our regular programming...

there's no volunteer faq cuz this is the first time we even thought of volunteers! we'll answer all questions at the meeting tho, i realise some ppl might decide its not for them, thats fine.. jb's bar is a nice place to have a drink and a chat so it'll still be a nice chill evening anyways
smile.gif

we will be borrowing from dancesafe's protocols, as we have in the past, we do things fairly similarly.
and yeah its true, if this is a deterent to anyone.. you cant be under the influence of even alcohol, or have any drugs on you while testing. thats just common sense really
smile.gif

we havent had anything but good experiences testing so far, but then we're still pretty new to it compared to ds in socal. i cant imagine it being bad here tho. the worst/funniest thing that has happened is that this guy came up and was like "what's this about then?" so i told him.. and he looked at it and said "no way! i might find out that all my fave pills had smack in them or some shit!" and walked off before we could respond. its an uphill battle
smile.gif

anyways, i'm at work and have to get moving.. airwalk look forward to meeting you again, and huxley to meeting you
smile.gif
i'll wait to see if anyone else puts their name down before setting a date/time
=)

Hey Atomica and the enlighten group:
I would love to be a volunteer at one of the testing stalls. I have been in the dance scene for a while here in Australia and the USA to and have learnt a lot through Bluelight and the scene and would love to help in anything to do with education and harm reducion in this scene.
I would appreciate when a time for the meeting comes available if i could be emailed at [email protected]
Regards
Fellow Bluelighter
Remember just because your paraniod doesn't mean your not being followed.....

pointless post: we need you guys!
smile.gif
come one, come all yada yada.. *drums up support*

yep.
i'm new to this but i'm up for harm minimisation.
i'll try to be there whenever the meeting(s) is/are.
DQ.

atomica count me in!
i'm pretty busy with work and stuff, but when ever i get the chance, i shall be more than happy to help out!
cheerz.
------------------
...and that's why i fly on my own now! No one to impress, depress, out best or digest.

woohoo, did you hear that ayshea, they said they'd help!! yay!!
cya guys at the meeting, will be nice to see sum fresh faces.
ps: There is an initiation that everyone has to pass. Yes, it involves sexual favours and jb's cat. Thats all I can say....
wink.gif

olive has moved out... and i dont blame her... you perverts....

awwww i'll miss olive!! she's the sweetest
smile.gif

okay, i guess the thing now is to set a date! i think wed or thurs will work nicely, maybe wed cuz ppl seem to be distracted getting the w/end sorted on thursday hehe.. and i want everyone's full attention! (at least for a short while..)
smile.gif

i'll post a date soon.. check this space! nice to see some support for the harm reduction!
biggrin.gif

oh yeah.. randomblondeboy, nope not yet.. so sorry! i'll go check bluemail right now for it.. if anyone wants to mail me, you'll have much better luck at [email protected] hehe
smile.gif
i dont check bluemail very often at all..
=)
[This message has been edited by atomica (edited 07 June 2001).]

im IN!!
smile.gif

------------------
Raving goes beyond what words can Express!

can u plz make it after the 19th?
if that's too late, no probs, it's kool, i'll just come to the next meeting or somthing.
smile.gif